Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Duet

Drabble. A sensuous symphony, or simply, a duet. RyuichixShuichi.

Chapter 1 - Duet

Chapter 1 - Duet

Waurnings: Yaoi.

Pairing: Ryuichi x Shuichi

Disclaimer: No, I don’t own them.

A/N: Words in italics are musical terms. Definitions are after the story, in the order the wordsappeared.

Duet
The song began.
Largo. Sostenudo. A low note held for many measures. Ryuichi’s voice drifted throughoutthe room in a melodious drone, slowly undulating with slight raises in volume, only todiminuendo almost within the same instant. The waves of sound lapped at Shuichi’s body.Unintelligible words, either not meant to be understood, or beyond understanding.
In response: the answer to his call. Short staccato, punctuation and percussion. Noise fromthe pink haired boy that opposed Ryuichi’s previous legato melody, yet complimented. Shuichiprovided the rhythm, following where the other led in time.
As the maestro, Ryuichi commanded, he guided, he enhanced. It was now the brunette’s turn,and he fluidly raised his voice, starting the crescendo that would continue till the end of thepiece. Effortless, he continued the tune, providing new themes for Shuichi to become lost in. Hisrich voice created sensation, heightening emotions.
The younger singer lifted the other’s melody with accompanying gasps and moans.
Ryuichi urged with his voice, now becoming the background as Shuichi started his solo.Ritardando. The pace slowed, inching forward in time as the younger musician used all of histalent to tease his accompanist. With a growling baritone Shuichi was interrupted, the brunetteagain dominated the melody.
Cesura, and sudden silence. A pause enough for a single breath. All eyes closed, then theplunge. The music resumed.
Now the two were joined, Shuichi swirling his voice with the other’s in a harmonizedmedley. One’s notes raised to a higher octave, sweetly coating the lower register of the other.
Pui accelerando.
Phrases mixed and lines collided. Where once there had been rests, all spaces had beenerased, keeping the music seamless. Vivace. Con moto. Molto crescendo. The sound echoed,bounced within the space of the room. Hurried. Flying to the end. The finish was unwanted, andyet needed. Pleasurable agony. Presto. Reaching fortissimo. The voices combined in frenziedduet. Haste. Now prestissimo. Rushed. Friction and heat. Fortissississimo. Spasms of cries. Afinal sforzando.
Breathing.
Pianissimo.
Finé.


---


Musical Terms (Italian - English)

largo - slow tempo

sostenudo - sustained

diminuendo - gradually become softer

staccato - separate or detached

legato - smooth

maestro - the title given to a great performer, conductor, or composer, a title of respect given to amaster musician

crescendo - gradually become louder

ritardando - gradually slow down

cesura - a break or interruption in the music

pui accelerando - quickly speed up

vivace - lively or brisk tempo

con moto - with movement

molto crescendo - quickly become louder

presto - very fast

fortissimo - very loud

prestissimo - the fastest tempo marking, very, very fast

fortissississimo - as loud as possible

sforzando - a sudden, strong accent on a note

pianissimo - very quiet

finé - signifying the end of the piece

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment