Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Where are they?

Poor Tifa has been left by herself and everyone seems to be ignoring her. She needs a break, so what does she do? Read and see. I may continue.

Chapter 1 - Where are they?

Chapter 1 - Where are they?
A/N: I don’t usually write about Tifa, Aeris is much easier to make a fic about so work with me people. I was going to have Aeris come back somewhere in this fic but I can’t think of a reason without it being really cheesy or already been used. Oh well. This was made purely out of writers block BTW. SO NO FLAMES!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything in this fic because if I did I would be rich. Do not sue. Nuff said.

A/N: Well I have a feeling this is gonna be a load of crap but if you want me to continue then R/R please.

Escaping Reality

Chapter One: How Ironic


Tifa looked at her self in the mirror and fixed a fake smile on her features. Wine coloured eyes stared back at her, void of all emotion. They most certainly lacked that sparkle people could see so clearly there one year ago. She sighed, it didn’t matter. The trouble was all gone and everyone was happy just like she should be.

/But your not happy are you/?

That was the same thing she thought to her self every day and every day the answer was /no/. Of course she wasn’t happy. Today was the exact day that one year ago, she and her friends had beaten the monster called Jenova. Unfortunately, today was also the day that one year ago, her friends had gone their separate ways. AVALANCHE no longer existed. Though they promised to keep in touch, they never did. Even Cloud. She inhaled sharply and forced back the tears that threatened to spill every time she thought of him. He had left her alone to go find the flower girl Aeris. To him, looking for a dead person was more important than staying with her.

There was no need to dwell on it. Just like there was no reason to be upset because her /friends/ had forgotten to visit so they could all have a party. It didn’t really matter that she’d been sat in her new outfit all night waiting for them to show up. So what if they were supposed to be celebrating tonight.

“ It’s not like this was the most important day of our lives”, she whispered bitterly.

A million reasons ran through her mind. /perhaps they’re just late, maybe something went wrong, do they just want to celebrate with their family’s/? She shook her head. It was nearly midnight and soon a new day would be starting. Whatever reason, they weren’t coming and she needed rest after all the preparation and hard work she’d put into the party. Tomorrow she’d tidy her house up and then run her new bar as usual. How exciting. Before she could scream in irritation, which would most likely wake the neighbours, she forced her self to get dressed for bed and go down stairs for a glass of water.

The banisters were streamed with balloons while everything else was covered in confetti. The table was set out with party food all over it along with a big cake in the middle which she made that morning. A CD player sat in the corner with two giant speakers ready for the disco that would never come. But most noticeable was a huge banner hanging above the door that, to Tifa’s annoyance, read “WELCOME TO THE REUNION OF AVALANCHE”. In a burst of rage she ripped it from the wall an tore it to shreds. She had known Cloud would not have turned up, he was too busy mourning over /pretty girl/ and without him, it just wasn’t AVALANCHE. Either way she at least expected the rest to turn up, but they hadn’t and it broke her heart. So piece by piece the once golden banner floated down into the bin.

The clock struck midnight and the chime of bells made the raging women slowly relax. She slouched into a chair beside the sink and rested her head in her hands. The tears came like they often did lately, trickling down her cheeks leaving streaks of red on her pale face. As she watched in fascination the liquid landed on the floor next to some leaflets she hadn’t noticed while preparing food. They were dropped next to some letters that had also come through the door. Pretending not to notice the bills she stared at the leaflet. There was a huge, beautiful ship in the middle of the page covered by large red writing that said “ BOAT CRUISE COME ENJOY THE OCEAN BREEZE AND EXPLORE SOME UNKNOWN ISLANDS” .

She read all the information and grinned. The ocean, islands, exploring, it was what she needed. A break from harsh reality, relaxing and maybe a little adventure. Though it wasn’t exactly a big adventure to save the world. She sighed, it would never be as exciting as old times but it could be fun non the less.

After booking her ticket with the boat cruise company, which surprised her with being open so late, she wandered up the decorated stairs to bed. As soon as the door closed behind her she basically collapsed onto the bed and realisation hit her. Was that why she was so unhappy, because life had got boring? Strange, over a year ago she wanted all the adventure to end. She was sick of having to be brave an strong all the time. Yet now it was gone, she wanted it all back. After all, back then she was with her friends and though at times it was depressing it was kind of fun. There’s a saying, “ you don’t know what you’ve got until you say good bye”. But she never believed them. Now it was true, she wanted her friends and the thrill back in her life. How ironic.



A/N: Cheesy huh? If you want me to continue just review okay. BYE!




Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dj_leeroy on August 18, 2004, 11:02:46 PM

dj_leeroy on
dj_leeroyPlease keep going! Tifa doesn't get the attention she deserves and this fanfic is just wat we Tifa fans need! Don't stop now.

Meo on July 18, 2004, 10:34:01 AM

Meo on
MeoI like it! =^.^= I wanna know where it's going! Keep going, Keep going!!

Yoh1767 on March 28, 2004, 9:37:07 AM

Yoh1767 on
Yoh1767keep going