Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Broken Memories Chapter 1

This is my series called Broken Memories...Devona's boyfriend has hit her for te last time. She runs away to her best friend, Mikayla's, house, only to realize that she has to get out of that place. Will she ever find a place to live safely?

Chapter 1 - Broken Memories Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Broken Memories Chapter 1
Chapter One:


Devona ran down the street. She didn’t know where she was going, just away from him. He had stumbled in the house, drunk again, in the middle of the night. He only hit her once this time, but she would make sure he never touched her, again. On the left side of her face she had a gash above her eye, and a bruised cheekbone. Her tears stung as they ran down her face.
“I have to get away from here!� she thought as she approached her best friend’s house. She had been friends with Mikayla since she was a baby. Their mom’s had been best friends also. They were inseparable.
She knocked on Mikayla’s door, not caring that it was one in the morning. She heard someone run to the door. Mikayla swung open the door, obviously annoyed someone woke her up. Her expression changed from annoyed to horror as she saw her best friend standing in the door beat up and crying.
“Oh my god Devona! What happened?� she said, grabbing her best friend inside and giving her a hug.
“He hit me again, Mikayla, he hit me again! He came home drunk, again…� sobbed Devona. “I’m not going back there again, there is no way.�
“No, your not, you can stay here, as long as you want. I have enough room. It will be like the old times, don’t worry.� said Mikayla, comforting her friend.
Devona only nodded and continued to sob. She didn’t want to tell Mikayla, but she needed to get far away from here. There were too many memories, bad memories. Justin had hit her one to many times, and she was through.
Mikayla got some of her clothes out so Devona could change. She fixed up the guest room, and she got out some stuff so they could clean up her face.
“God Devona, what did Justin do this time? The cut above your eye is really deep, you might need stitches.� said Mikayla.
“He threw a bottle at the wall and a piece of glass flew and hit me, it’s not that bad. If it doesn’t bleed, we can at least wait until tomorrow.� she tried to hold the tears. Her face stung enough already.
After they had cleaned up her face, Devona went to bed. She fell asleep right away, knowing that she was safe in her friend’s house.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment