Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Broken Memories Chapter 2

This is my series called Broken Memories...Devona's boyfriend has hit her for te last time. She runs away to her best friend, Mikayla's, house, only to realize that she has to get out of that place. Will she ever find a place to live safely?

Chapter 2 - Broken Memories Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Broken Memories Chapter 2
Chapter Two:


After Devona had fallen asleep, Mikayla went into the kitchen and got her car keys. She didn’t tell Devona, but she was going over her house to get some of her stuff. She hoped Justin would be asleep or passed out from being drunk. She went outside and got into her car.
When she got to Devona’s house, she made sure she went in quietly. Relieved, she saw him asleep, or passed out, she didn’t know, and didn’t care, as long as he didn’t hear her.
She crept up the stairs and went up to Devona’s room. It was a mess. She figured Justin had come up here looking for her earlier. She just forgot about it and hurried to get everything she thought Devona would want. She thought she heard Justin mutter something downstairs, but just shrugged it off and kept packing. Then she heard him start coming up the stairs, or at least trying to.
She panicked and put the shirt she was holding in the bag she was using. She quietly moved out of the room, she thought maybe he was drunk enough to not see her.
“Hey, you’ve come back for more, eh?� Justin slurred. He gave her a grin. He obviously didn’t know it wasn’t Devona.
“I’m not Devona, stop! Leave me alone!� screamed Mikayla as he ran towards her, threatening to hit her. She ran past him and he stumbled behind her. She hurried through the door and yelled before she walked out. “You leave Devona alone!�
She ran out towards the car and jumped in. She quickly started the engine and floored it the rest of the was to her house, even though she knew she was safe. Finally she got to her house and sighed as she got out of the car.

*In the morning*

In the morning Devona woke to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking. At first she didn’t know where she was and panicked, remembering what Justin had done to her. She finally remembered as Mikayla walked in hold a warm plate of breakfast.
“Hey, how you holding up? Sleep well?� questioned Mikayla. “I went over your house last night and got some stuff.�
“Mikayla! He could have beaten you, too! Why?� said Devona, getting stressed.
“Relax, he was too drunk to do anything to me, besides, you need your stuff. I don’t think you can fit into all of my clothes.� responded Mikayla.
Devona had tears in her eyes as she told Mikayla that she couldn’t stay. “Mikayla, I really appreciate all that you have done, but I have to get away from here. He will eventually find out where you live, and it would be best if I moved somewhere else. I have some family in Waldorf, and maybe I can go there.�
“Okay, I understand that, but when? I mean you can’t just leave with any money at all.� said Mikayla.
“I have some saved in the bank, about one hundred I think. That should be enough. Waldorf is only about two hour’s away.� explained Devona.
“Okay, if you need help with anything, let me know.� said Mikayla, hugging Devona.
After breakfast, Devona started to get all of her stuff together. She got it all and started to say goodbye to Mikayla.
“I’ll miss you, you know that, right?� said Devona, on the verge of tears.
“Yeah, me too. Just know you can call me anytime.� said Mikayla, also about to cry. “I guess this is goodbye, call me when you get there!�
Devona walked out the door and looked at her best friend, maybe for the last time. “See ya!�

*Driving*

The trip to Waldorf was unexpectedly short, considering Devona was crying the whole time. When she pulled into the familiar driveway of her aunt’s house, she calmed down. Her aunt had always been there when her mom and dad were fighting. She shook her head and tried to put the bad memories in the back of her head.
She walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. The house was more beautiful then she remembered. The house looked like a mansion, but it was only a big condo. It was light gray in color, and had a black door. She remembered always playing in the huge backyard with all of the neighborhood kids. They used to play hide and seek. She smiled to herself as she waited patiently.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment