Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Broken Memories Chapter 3

This is my series called Broken Memories...Devona's boyfriend has hit her for te last time. She runs away to her best friend, Mikayla's, house, only to realize that she has to get out of that place. Will she ever find a place to live safely?

Chapter 3 - Broken Memories Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Broken Memories Chapter 3
Chapter Three:


As Devona waited, she heard someone come to the door. She stopped thinking about the past and stood up strait. A lady opened the door. Devona didn’t remember this lady being her aunt many years ago. The lady kept looking until Devona spoke up.
“Uh, hi. My name is Devona. I remember this being my aunt’s house. I’m not sure if it is though…� said Devona, shaking her head.
“I’m sorry, but I guess she moved. You can come in if you want.� said the lady, moving away from the door so Devona could come in. “My name is Robin Madden, by the way. So, what brings you hear anyway?� she asked nicely.
“Well, I don’t like to talk about it, but I left my house in Annapolis because my boyfriend hit me, too many times.� said Devona, a tear dropping from her eye.
“Oh, I’m sorry.� said Robin, pulling Devona into a hug. Devona was beginning to like this lady. “If it makes you feel any better, I had problems with my husband. He left me and my four children. It was hard, but we got through it.� Now both of them were quietly crying.
A guy, Devona guessing Robin’s son, came down the stairs, hearing his mother crying.
“Why are you crying ma, and who’s she?� asked the guy. He had a lot of piercings, and a lot of tattoo’s to go with them. Devona was a little nervous at first when seeing him, but she warmed up to him.
“This is Devona, she came here from Annapolis. This used to be her aunts house. She, uh, came here because she ran away from her house because her boyfriend…hit her…� said Robin.
“Oh, I’m sorry. I guess mom told you what happened with us. That’s the only reason she cries.� said the guy, laughing a little. He saw the confused look on Devona’s face and introduced himself. “Oh, sorry, my name is Benji.� He walked up to her offering his hand to shake.
Devona took his hand and shook it. Then she saw another guy walk downstairs, looking almost exactly like Benji.
“Hey, mom. Uh, not to be rude, but who’s this?� asked the other guy. He looked a lot like Benji, but he didn’t have any tattoo’s that she could see. She blushed a little and looked away, suddenly interested in her shoes. She thought he was kinda cute.
“Joel, this is Devona. She came here because this used to be her aunts house. She used to live in Annapolis, but…her, uh, boyfriend hit her.� said Ms. Madden, choosing her words carefully.
“Oh, I’m so sorry!� said Joel, immediately embracing her into a warm hug. She was taken aback at first, but then hugged him back, suddenly feeling safe. “What are you going to do?� he asked concerned.
“I don’t know, I was going to live here, you know because I thought my aunt lived here, but…now…I don’t know…� she responded, crying.
“No, don’t cry. We’ll figure something out� said Joel, hugging her again. “Mom, do you think that maybe she could stay, I mean we have enough room. She could stay until she finds a new house or something.� said Joel, pleading with his mom.
“Sure, she can stay as long as she wants to.� Ms. Madden said with a smile.
“C’mon, I’ll show you your room.� said Joel, taking Devona’s hand and leading her upstairs.
“Thanks mom, I think she’ll like it here!� said Benji, giving his mom a hug. “I think Joel likes her, so you’ll have to watch him!� he said, winking and walking upstairs.
“Benji!� she said, shaking her head and laughing.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment