Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Broken Memories Chapter 4

This is my series called Broken Memories...Devona's boyfriend has hit her for te last time. She runs away to her best friend, Mikayla's, house, only to realize that she has to get out of that place. Will she ever find a place to live safely?

Chapter 4 - Broken Memories Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Broken Memories Chapter 4
Joel’s POV:

I took Devona up to mine and Benji’s room. I think she was a little nervous, but I hoped she would warm up to us soon. To me, she was beautiful. I don’t think Benji thought this when he first saw her, so my hopes are up.
“So, this is our room, and I guess it’s gonna be yours, too!� I said, showing her the room.
“It’s uh, nice…� Devona said, trailing off.
“Hey I know it’s not the biggest room and all, but, if you don’t feel uncomfortable, you can sleep in my bed.� I said, not taking my eyes off her.
“Uh, sure I guess. But I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but hands of me until I get used to everything.� Devona said smiling. “I’m still worried that Justin, my boyfriend, well ex, cause I’m definitely not going back there, but anyway I’m still afraid he’s still looking for me.� she stuttered.
“Of course, I kinda know how you feel. You see, my dad used to hit us before he left.� I said sitting down. I normally would stay off this subject, but for some reason I felt I could tell this girl without having an emotional breakdown. “He hit us for anything, all he had to do was find something misplaced, or the TV. left on, anything. It only started as him coming home drunk from some random bar, and taking everything out on our mother. But one night Benji protected her, and ended up getting hurt himself. Being the more emotional one of the two of us, I just ran off crying in my room, since I was afraid of getting hit myself. From then on it was all of us getting hit, like I said, for anything.�
“Wow, I’m so sorry. I didn’t think I would know anybody that went through the same crap as me.� Devona said with sad eyes.
“Yeah, I don’t normally talk about it, but, I just feel like I can relate to you, ya know?� I said.
“Yeah, now I think I can feel more comfortable here now…� said Devona. Just as she said that Benji walked in.
“Oh great, I can’t leave you two alone without you guys making out!� joked Benji.
“Benji! We were talking!� said Joel, slightly blushing.
“Awe, Joel, c’mon, he’s your brother, you don’t have to hide everything from him!� said Devona winking, playing along with Benji’s joke.
“Great, now I have to deal with two jokers…� said Joel sarcastically, leaving the room.

Devona’s POV

Joel walked out of the room. I think I was beginning to like him, but I was still unsure about the whole being with someone deal. I guess Justin had that effect.
“So, Joel was talking about how your dad, uh, hit you.� I said, feeling uncomfortable.
Benji looked uncomfortable as he sat down next to me. “Yeah, he did.� His eyes were full of sadness now.
Feeling bad that I made him think of his past, I quickly changed the subject.
“So, what are you guys making for dinner?� I ask, smiling.
“Well, I dunno. We could go out if you want. If not you’ll have to stay here and eat my horrible cooking.� he said with a wink. This guy jokes a lot, I thought.
“Ok, either sounds good to me!� I said, not knowing if his cooking was good or bad. Joel came back into the room asking Benji something.
“Hey, Benj, could we maybe go out to eat tonight, I haven’t had a good salad in a long time.� said Joel.
“What, my cooking’s not good enough for you?� said Benji looking hurt, obviously joking again.
“Wait, are you guys vegetarian or something? No offence but no one goes out and has just a salad!� I say.
“Yeah, why is that a problem with you?� asks Benji, acting like a high school bully.
“No actually, I don’t. I am, too!� I say happily.
“Awesome! Well, are we going out?� Joel says excitedly.
“Sure, let me just get changed.� I said. Benji left to go to his room to change, but Joel stood in the doorway. “And no you can’t watch me!� I nearly screamed, laughing as I shut the door in his pouting face.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kristefur on March 27, 2004, 12:29:28 PM

kristefur on
kristefurPlease do go on and on, this is really getting exciting! aw come on I wanna find out who she goes with. Please? Please finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish itPlease finish it!