Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Shadow's Song

I really dunno. I just sat down one night and started writing the first things that came to mind...Maybe I'll continue it if enough people like it.

Chapter 1 - The Shadow's Song

Chapter 1 - The Shadow's Song
Journey


In the astrological sphere, Cain opened his eyes to bewilderment and wonder. How did he get here? Why was he here? As he pondered, shadows danced in shapes and forms around him. They seemed good enough to examine; he neared one and upon only breathing a simple "wow" it changed its shape to synonyms of awe. He wondered how this occurred, was it comprehending what he said; a response to a simple utterance? He viewed the surrounding shadows, which appeared vaguely against the starlit structure of sky behind them.
It was then he realized the earth beneath him was not earth, but the great expanse of sky which the shadows lurked and swayed. He was surely dreaming, a vision brought on by poor eating habits, or maybe he accidently caught a whiff of some misplaced narcotic. As he thought on these things, the shadows merged to form a unity. One shape, the shape of him. It was his shadow. Enamored, he raised his hand. The shadow did the same. He put it down, and the image followed suite.
Again, why was this happening, and how? He opened his mouth, simply to inquire, but as the shadow imitated the lowering of his jaw, a screech echoed throughout the starry plain. It was horrific the images that flashed across his mind as he endured this sound. All he feared, all he despised raced across his mind's eye like a slide show gone awry. He clasped his hands to his face and screamed in horror, only to be deaf to his own words, for the shadow figure still stood screaming its miserable off key song of discomfort.
He fell. Cain's feet lost contact with the nonexistent ground beneath them, and he fell. He fell far, not knowing where he would land, or if he would. But as he plummeted, the scape changed subtly. The stars dimmed, and the sky grew orange. Cain realized he was falling back to earth on a roller coaster called gravity. He grimly awaited to become as Judas, but when he struck, he did not die. Only, he lay there, dizzy, and no longer in awe. He wanted out of this nightmare. Rising, he surveyed the area in quick glances. Lost he was to the endless field of grass and short, rolling hills. He moved, devoted to the purpose of finding his way to wherever he was going; not knowing, however, the most important factor: he was going Nowhere.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment