Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Competition

This story is discontinued as of August 22, 2007.

Chapter 3 - Competition

Chapter 3 - Competition
Chapter 3: Competition

“Ok, the partners are:
Milli Canial and Naruto Uzumaki,
Amber Inuzuka and Sabaku no Gaara,
Shikamaru Nara and Tenten,
Neji Hyuuga and Tamasii Suromi…” Ms. Rain announced. And the list goes on…I don’t even remember how many kids are in my class, but there’s a lot! Mizaki High is a pretty big school.
Anyways, who’s this Neji guy? I hoped I was partners with Milli, but I’m stuck with someone I don’t know.
Ms. Rain was still listing partners! I never realized my Geography Class was so big…then again; I never really paid attention to much, besides the lessons.
After what seemed like forever, Ms. Rain said, “Ok! Now that you know who your partners are, you can start working on your report, and remember! It’s a team effort!”
I stayed at my desk, I didn’t know who Neji was so what was I supposed to do?
Everyone was running around, so I couldn’t see anyone, really.
“Ugh! Why does that “Amber girl” get to be partners with Gaara and not me??” Milli asked me angrily. “I should be with Gaara-kun!”
I laughed aloud.
“What’s so funny Tamasii??” Milli questioned.
“Well, a minute ago, you were afraid to say hi to him and now you’re plotting against Amber because she’s Geography Partners with him?” I explained.
“Well, yeah!” Milli replied. “What’s wrong with that?”
I sweat dropped.
“Nothing.”
“Well, at least you get your brother as your-” I was cut off.
“Hey.” A monotonous voice said from behind me.
“Neji?”
“Yeah. You must be Tamasii, my partner.” He said.
“Yes I am. So…which village should we do?” I asked, staring out into space.
Silence.
“Do you think I’m ugly?” Neji asked.
“Um, no.” I replied to his ridiculous question.
“Then why won’t you look at me?”
I turned around.
“That’s better.”
That was…weird.
“Let’s go back to my desk.” Neji suggested.
I followed.

“Ok, so what village do ya want to do it on?”
“Umm, who?” Naruto asked confused.
Milli sighed. “Do you even know what we’re doing?”
“Yeah! We’re…studying! That’s why I’m at your desk.” Naruto said thoughtfully.
“No. We’re working on a report. We’re supposed to do a report on one of the shinobi villages. Ok?” Milli explained to her very confused brother.
“Ok.” Naruto agreed.
“Now, which village are we gonna do?”
“Um, let’s do…wait, what?” Naruto stared at his sister. “You’re confusing me.”
Milli sighed again. “Ok, Naruto. We are doing a report.”
“Yeah, and?”
“And, we have to do it on shinboi villages…”

“Um, Nara?”
“Y-Yes?”
“Since you’re going to help me, could we, um, meet at the Minoru Restaurant after school?” Kiba asked Nara, as they headed towards the lunchroom.
When Nara didn’t answer, Kiba added, “Kinda like a study date.” Nara blushed at the word “date”.
“A study d-date??” Nara repeated.
“Yeah, something wrong?” Kiba sounded concerned.
“N-No.”
“Great meet you there at four. See ya then!” Kiba waved, and left leaving a surprised Nara behind him.
Did Kiba just ask me out??

“Hi.”
“Hn.”
“Um, should we, uh, start our project?” Amber asked Gaara.
“Yea, I guess.” Gaara replied.
“Um, what are we supposed to do again?” Amber asked, blushing.
Gaara sighed. “We have to do a report on a shinobi village, ok?”
“Ok. Which village do you want to do the report on?”
“Sunagakure.”
“Why?” Amber asked, tilting her head, ever so slightly to the right.
“Because…” Gaara paused. “That’s where I’m from.”
“Oh.”
Amber giggled, but Gaara ignored it.
“So, um, should we split up the jobs?” Amber asked, changing the subject.
“I don’t care.”
Amber giggled again.
“What do you think is so funny?” Gaara asked in annoyed tone.
“You look cute when you’re trying to be serious.” Amber turned her head away from Gaara.
Gaara tried his best not to blush, but Amber saw.
“Um, let’s get to work.” Gaara said, changing the subject.
“Ok.”

“So. . .You’re Neji?”
“Yeah.”
I took a good look at Neji, he had long dark-brown hair, white pupil-less eyes, and he was from Konohagakure.
“So, should we start working?” Neji asked me.
“That’s fine with me.” I replied. “Um, could we do it on…Taigakure?”
“Sure.” Neji flashed me a smile.
I wonder what’s wrong with him…he’s so nice, it’s kinda creeping me out.
“Um, should we-” I was cut off.
“Hey Neji!” A girl called, waving to Neji. “I just asked Ms. Rain, we can switch partners. So do you wanna?”
The girl had dark-brown hair, but lighter than Neji’s, she had her hair up in two buns and was wearing a Chinese shirt. It kind of ticked me off that she was trying to steal my Geography Partner, I mean I don’t like-like Neji, I just don’t like to loose.
“Well, don’t I have to agree with switching partners?” I asked the girl.
“”Oh.” She turned towards me. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there. What did you say?” The girl gave me a sheepish smile.
That really annoyed me.
“You can’t switch partners unless I’m ok with that.” I repeated.
“Oh, sorry. I forgot about that. Well, um, are you ok with switching?”
“No thanks.” I said, trying my best not to explode.
“Um, ok. Are you sure?”
“She said no, Tenten.” Neji said, surprising both me and “Tenten”.
“Um, ok. See ya at lunch!” Tenten said, and went back to her desk.
“So, what-” I was cut off, again.
Ring

Nara sat down at an empty table to her left.
Then, she started picking at her food. She didn’t like school’s lunches anyways, she was too caught up with the fact that her crush, actually asked her out! Before, he didn’t even know she existed, it was amazing.
“Hey.” A voice greeted her.
It was Kiba.
“What are you doing sitting all by yourself?” He asked, giving her a warm smile.
“I-I don’t know…” She answered.
“Well, don’t you wanna sit by your friends?” Kiba asked, with a confused look on his face.
No answer.
“Ohh, it’s ok. I’ll be your friend!” Kiba flashed her another smile.
“R-Really?” Nara blushed.
“Sure.”
And for the first time in a long time, Nara smiled, too.
“So. . .have you ever been to the Minoru Restaurant before?”
Nara shook her head.
“Oh, that’s ok! I’ll show you after school, and then we can study together!” Kiba explained.
“Ok.”
Then she heard someone call Kiba’s name.
“Hey Kiba! Whatcha doin’?”

“So, are you gonna switch partners?” I asked, taking a sip out of my milk carton.
“Maybe, if I can find someone who’ll switch with me…” Milli replied.
“Good point…”
“Yeah.” Milli said. “I wanted to be with Gaara-kun!!”
“Not again…just kidding.” I teased. “Hey, wanna sit over there?” I pointed to an empty table by Neji and his friends.
“I see where this is going…” Milli replied slyly.
“Eh? Did I miss something?” I asked, confused. I don’t catch on to things very easily.
“You just want to be one table closer to Neji.” Milli finished.
“Eh? No! I just…” I paused, trying to think of a good excuse. “…Wanted you to be closer to Gaara!”
“Oh, thanks!” Milli said, looking to where Neji’s table was.
And there was Gaara.
Whew! I always was good at making up excuses.
“Ok! Let’s go!” Milli practically dragged me to the table right by Gaara and Neji.

“Oh, I’m just talking to Nara.” Kiba replied to the brown-haired boy.
“Ok.”
“Um, h-hi.” Nara said shyly.
“Oh, hi.” The boy said.
“Nara, this is Neji. Neji, this is Nara.” Kiba introduced everyone.
“H-Hi.” Nara blushed.
“Hi.”

“Hey, who’s that girl by Neji-kun?!?”
“Neji-kun? Am I going deaf? Neji-kun??” Milli stared at me in amazement. “OH MY GOSH, YOU DO LIKE HIM!!”
“SHHHHH!” I put my hand over Milli’s mouth before she could say anything else.
“Mfff.”
“Let’s go to class!” I suggested.
“But we don’t go to class yet!” Milli pushed my hand away. “We have study hall, then class! Can’t we stay??”
“Why do you want to stay?” I asked. “I have homework to do, uh, yeah! BYE!”
I ran out of the cafeteria at top speed.
“Heyy! Wait for me!” Milli ran after me.

“So…ANYONE want to switch partners with me??”
Silence.
I laughed out loud, and said, “I guess Naruto ain’t that “popular”.” I teased.
“Ya think??” Milli glared at me.
“Hey, I don’t want to fail Geography either. Besides, Neji seems…kinda nice.” I replied, turning to the next page in my book.
“I don’t wanna fail!! I can’t afford it!” Milli cried.
“Neither can anyone else, you fail one class your outta here!” I said.
“Thanks a lot.” Milli said sarcastically.
“Sorry.” I apologized. “Well, maybe someone would be willing to switch partners…”
“Ya, right. You already said. Naruto isn’t gonna get me an A.” Milli sighed.
“Well, you’re supposed to work together, besides, it can’t be that bad, right?” I asked, trying to be optimistic.
“I’ll switch partners with you.” A voice called from behind us. “Hi, I’m Melody.”
“Oh, hi. Um, are you sure? Naruto’s…Naruto.” Milli said.
“Nah, it’s fine.” Melody came out from behind Milli. She smiled at us.
“Whoa, you, have…” I trailed off, my jaw practically dropping to the floor.
“Fox ears and a tail?” Melody finished for me.
I nodded.
“Oh, it’s just something from my clan, everyone in my clan has it. Don’t worry. It’s nothing.” Melody explained.
I nodded again.
“Ok. . .who’s your partner?” Milli asked.
“Her name’s Hinata Hyuuga. She’s really shy, just so you know.” Melody replied.
“HYUUGA??” I yelled.
I received a lot of “Shhhhh”s from the people around me, after all there’s no talking in the library.
“Sorry.” I whispered back to everyone.
“Yeah, why?” Melody asked.
“Neji’s last name is Hyuuga!” I exclaimed.
Again, I got many, this time louder, “Shhhh”s from everyone.
I ignored them.
“You and that Neji guy…you’re like a fan girl of him now.” Milli crossed her arms across her chest.
“Nu-uh. I just want to know my geography partner better.” I lied.
“Right, and I’m going to believe that.” Milli looked at me.
“I just don’t know him, I want to get to know him. That’s it.” I said.
Technically I wasn’t lying. I wanted to get to know him, I just didn’t say why.

“You remind me of my cousin, Hinata.”
“W-Who?” Nara asked.
“Hinata, I could introduce you two sometime.” Neji offered.
“Um, ok.”
“We better get to study hall before Mr. S yells at us for being late.” Kiba said, picking up his tray. “See ya later!”
“S-See ya.” Nara replied, getting up and heading to the library, also.
I wonder what Hinata is like…
As Nara walked into the library, she spotted Neji and Kiba right away. They were studying, or arguing, she couldn’t tell.
Then she sat at an empty table and started working on some homework from earlier.
“Can I borrow a pencil?” A blonde girl asked Nara.
“Um, s-sure.” Nara responded, handing the girl a mechanical pencil.
“Thanks.” The blonde girl smiled. “I’m Milli, what’s your name?”
Will the day’s surprises never cease?

=

A/N: Whew! That took a long time! Sorry for the late update. >.< Sorry BlackPhoenixHighlord. I couldn’t fit Kiri in this one. T.T I’m really sorry, Kiri will be included next time. Promise. :D Thanks for waiting, I hope you like it. And crazicat06, I’ll try to fit Amber in more often. :D

Comments

Comments (17)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AmmyK on January 14, 2007, 10:13:30 AM

AmmyK on
AmmyKO lord...i am dying from suspense. Please write more soon!

Ryokou on January 14, 2007, 10:37:58 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouI'm sorry, I'll try to update soon. >.< By the way, thanks for adding me to your favs! *.*

BlackPhoenixHighlord on January 10, 2007, 5:14:33 AM

BlackPhoenixHighlord on
Comment Deleted

Ryokou on January 12, 2007, 6:34:22 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouI will. : )

wolf-girl-ghost on January 8, 2007, 12:59:01 AM

wolf-girl-ghost on
wolf-girl-ghostyay someone swapped with me phew naruto ish so clueless XD yay i can't wait for more

Ryokou on January 9, 2007, 10:22:50 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouYeah. You're patners with Hinata. CX

Sasukesgirlfriend on January 8, 2007, 8:05:41 AM

Sasukesgirlfriend on
SasukesgirlfriendUh...It's me ^_^'.
(if u do know
uh never mind ^^')

_Lets_Run_Away_Together_ on January 7, 2007, 12:35:11 PM

_Lets_Run_Away_Together_ on
_Lets_Run_Away_Together_XD

You know what im gonna say pretty much

Suki and Itachi=WIN. XDDDD

lol yea. plz?

Ryokou on January 9, 2007, 10:21:47 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouOf course. XD

_Lets_Run_Away_Together_ on January 9, 2007, 12:05:21 PM

_Lets_Run_Away_Together_ on
_Lets_Run_Away_Together_XD yayz! thanks! ^_^

Kouni46892742 on January 7, 2007, 10:43:37 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742I am so exited to see how this ends up

Ryokou on January 9, 2007, 10:21:10 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouThanks a lot. C:

Kouni46892742 on January 7, 2007, 6:30:51 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Yes..VICTORY

Ryokou on January 7, 2007, 10:21:13 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouVictory!! :)

crazicat06 on January 7, 2007, 5:12:46 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Me: O.o'... OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! YOU PARTNERED ME WITH GAARA-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in case if you dont know, but as soon as I read that part, I screamed. My dad thought I had hurt myself) I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!!!!! ^.^'
Gaara: O.o'...

Ryokou on January 7, 2007, 10:20:34 AM

Ryokou on
Ryokou:D

Sasukesgirlfriend on January 7, 2007, 4:55:11 AM

Sasukesgirlfriend on
SasukesgirlfriendYes!!
IT'S UP!!
AND I READ IT!!! XD

Ryokou on January 7, 2007, 4:57:38 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouYAY! CX

Sasukesgirlfriend on January 8, 2007, 8:07:00 AM

Sasukesgirlfriend on
SasukesgirlfriendYay XD!