Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Winter Formal?

This story is discontinued as of August 22, 2007.

Chapter 5 - Winter Formal?

Chapter 5 - Winter Formal?
Chapter 5: Winter Formal?

“Lee! C’mon, we’re going to be late.”
Lee turned his head to face his female teammate.
“Oh, uh, I’m going to get a snack before we practice! One should never train on an empty stomach!!” Lee replied with much enthusiasm.
“Ok, we’ll be at the usual spot.” Tenten reminded Lee, and with a little wave she was gone.
Whew, that was close.
Lee’s mind was on a lot of things lately, and one of things was Kiri, a girl he met in study hall last hour.
Ok, maybe he didn’t ‘meet’ her, but he saw her walking by. Lee was too shy to say, or do anything which is surprising.
At least, surprising for Lee; usually he’d walk right up to her and ask her out.
Lee wasn’t the kind of person to eavesdrop, but he ‘accidently’ overheard she was taking a class after school and just wanted to take one last glance at her.
Why?
Because Lee wouldn’t see her until Monday, which was far too long for Lee to wait.
As he walked through the halls of Mizaki High, he noticed how quiet it seemed. It was usually hard to even hear yourself think in the mornings when everybody poured in, trying to get to class.
“C’mon! Open!! …Please?”
Lee heard a frustrated voice echo through the halls, and tried to find where the sound had come from.
As Lee turned a coner he saw…
Kiri!?!?
“Err…open sesame??”
Lee walked over, but slowed down and ran back to the corner and observe Kiri.
The girl looked at her something on her wrist, porbably a watch, and groaned.
“I’m gonna be late!”
Kiri tried once again to open the stubborn door, but it didn’t budge.
“Need some help?”

“Well, today was totally boring.”
“How!? We met tons of people and stuff!” Milli looked at me.
“What I consider “exciting” is something like, er…somebody dying ! Yeah, something like that. Meeting other people doesn’t count.” I had my hands behind my laid back head with a lazy look plastered my face.
“Somebody dying? Wow. You’re almost like Shikamaru, just not so lazy.” Milli paused. “Shikamaru thinks breathing is too “troublesome”.”
“Wow. That’s…lazy. How does he get to school?” I asked and stopped walking for a second.
“I ask myself that question everday.” Milli and I laughed hard.
“So do you just live with your brother?” I asked, changing the subject.
“Yeah, you?”
“I live with my uncle. I’m not even related to him, I think. Ever since I can remember, though, I’ve called him “uncle”.” I explained; I was so focused on our conversation I didn’t bother to look where I was going.
“Hey! Tamas-”
Too late.
“OWW! That hurt…” I rubbed my head and stared up at the pole I just ran into.
“Not only are you sarcastic, but you’re a klutz, too. You are talented.” Milli laughed at the huge bump on my head that the pole gave me.
“Gee, thanks. I feel so much better now.” I got up and dusted off some dirt that had managed to get on my pants.
“C’mon. We’re here!”

Almost time.
Shikamaru sighed as he walked down the streets of Konoha. He wasn’t used to after-school Shogi games with Ino. She didn’t care whether she won or lost, and didn’t make a big fuss out of it as Asuma used to. That’s what made it fun to play against Asuma.
Ino wasn’t interesting in how “talented” and smart he was; she was there because he asked to to.
It was better than nothing.
“Where are you going Shikamaru??” Ino asked, no, yelled.
“Shogi? Remember?” The genius boy walked into the house before them.
Again? Why?” Ino whined.
“What else should we do? Shop!?” His remark sounded more harsh than he expected it to be, and before he knew what happened Ino was gone.
“So troublesome…” Shikamaru slowly walked in the direction he thought Ino went.
He sighed.
Why are women so troublesome? And touchy and that…
“Oww.”
Shikamaru turned a sharp corner and ran into someone.
Hard.
Very hard.
Especially hard when your head hits the other person’s head.
“S-sorry.”

“Umm, yeah.”
“Is there any way I can help?!”
The boy seemed to come out of nowhere at the right time, thought Kiri.
“Could you plase open this door? I need to get inside.” Kiri asked politely.
“No problem!!”
The bowl-cut boy lifted his leg and then…
“Leaf hurricane!!”
BAM!
“T-t-t-thanks?” Kiri was unsure. What he did might get her in more trouble than being late.
“Your welcome!”
“…Thanks for breaking the door. Both doors.” Kiri could feel a vein on her head pulse.
“Again, your welcome!” The black-haired boy only smiled at her.
“I was being sarcastic.”
“Huh?”
“YOU WEREN’T SUPPOSED TO BREAK THE DOORS OPEN! WE’RE GOING TO GET IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!” Kiri shouted so loud that the boy in front of her looked like he was going to faint.
“You asked for help…” He started.
“Help. Helping me does not include busting the doors open like we’re cops or something.”
“I-”
“Whatever, just go. I have a meeting to attend.” Kiri sighed.
“A meeting for what?”
“The Winter Formal. It’s coming up, so everything has to be planned before.” The girl seemed to calm down a little.
“Winter Formal?”

“This is your house?”
“Yeah, why?”
“It’s pretty nice.” I looked Milli’s house over.
“Well, it’s not that amazing.” Milli seemed to get bored just looking at it.
“At least you don’t have anyone to boss you around or tell you how late you can stay up and stuff like that.” I scowled at the thought.
“Oh yeah. Your uncle…is he strict?” Milli turned to face me.
“YES. Very.” I paused, remembering all the times he treated me like a little kid. Even now he treats me like I can’t take care of myself.
“How so?”
“What’s your bedtime?” I asked.
Milli looked surprised at the question I asked.
“I stay up ‘til whenever. You?”
“8:00 P.M.” I stated.
“No way! And you’re like the same age as me? Dude, that just…strict.” Milli struggled to find a better word, but couldn’t.
“Yeah, it’s not fair. Ever since he’s treated me like I’m 3. It was okay until I got older. It’s like he can’t see that I’m older.”
“I can see why you don’t like livin’ with him.”
“It’s okay. He just is so…I don’t know.” I paused, and changed the subject. “Can I look inside?”
“Sure!” Milli agreed.

“When is it?”
“December 14.” Kiri informed Lee. She thought it was a strange name, but she liked it for some reason or another.
“Then you got lots of time!” Lee shouted excitedly, which he did often.
“Well, I’m late as it is…so bye Lee!” Kiri was about to leave when she heard her name.
“Kiri! Can I come, too?” Lee ran until he was about a foot ahead of her. “It sounds like fun.”
“Sure.” Kiri couldn’t help but smile as Lee joyfully skipped ahead of her.

“Ugh. Lee!”
Tenten looked at her watch.
3:50 P.M.
“It can’t take that long to get something from the vending machine…” Tenten started.
“Unless he got his money stuck in it or something. Then he’d probably be there forever.” Neji finished for her.
“Oh great. I guess we should just start praticing with out him. He’s taking too long!” Tenten sugguested.
“Oh, LEE! WHERE COULD HE HAVE GONE!??” Gai Sensei was already crying over Lee’s absence.
“Gai Sensei…it’s not like he’s dead-” Neji was nudged in the stomach by his teammate.
“I mean…he’s-”
Too late.
“LEE’S GONE!!?!! NOOOO!!!”
“Nice going genius.” Tenten remarked.
“I know. And you did nothing but make things worse.”
“Me?? You’re the one who said that Lee was dead!” Tenten shot back, glaring at the Hyuuga prodigy.
“Whatever.”

Try not to make a sound…
Crack
Amber stepped on a twig and it snapped in half.
So much for being sneaky.
“Are you going to follow me home?” An all too familiar voice asked.
“Maybe.” Amber tried to sound as innocent as she could.
“Well we’re almost there then. I’m suposing you want to work on the report?” Gaara asked.
“Y-yeah.”
“You could’ve just asked instead of stalking me…” He started, but was cut off by Amber’s voice.
“I t-though you would say no.” Amber’s voice trembled.
There was silence.
“Fine.” Gaara broke the silence with one word, and with that one word there wouldn’t be silence again.
“YAY!! Thank you Gaara-kun!!”

“Here we are.”
Kiba pointed to the little restaurant on the corner of a street.
“It’s not that busy most of the time so we can get right away. I sometimes come here just to get away from everything else and study. The people there are very nice…”
Nara nodded.
“Like you.”
This made Nara blush for the hundredth time that day.
“Nara-chan, you’re face is red again. It is kinda warm today…” Kiba looked concerned.
“I-I’m okay.” Nara replied. She was a little surprised he didn’t realized she liked him after all the times she turned red right in front of him.
Then it hit her.
Kiba had just called her “Nara-chan”.
Nara could just feel her heart beating faster. She was so deep in thought she didn’t notice that she was already in the restaurant.
“Table for two plase, Miharu.”
“Sure thing, Kiba.”
“Heyyy, you didn’t tell me ya got a girlfriend.” The brunette woman winked at him.
“Uhh…er, she’s not my girlfriend.” Kiba said, trying to sraighten things out.
“W-we’re studying t-together.” Nara joined in the conversation, then added, “For a project at school.
The woman had short, wavy hair that reached just a little before her shoulders. It was dark brown, almost black. She had brown eyes to match, too.
The woman looked at 24 in age, Nara guessed.
“Suuuure. Lemme find you and your friend, who happens to be a girl, a table.” The woman smirked.
Now I know why Shikamaru says women are troublesome. Kiba thought.

=

A/N: Whew!! That took forever. Tell me if I got Kiri’s personality right. ^^U I think I made her sound like my OC, Tamasii for some reason…
¬.¬ I had to reload all the chapters because the computer was being retarded if anyone noticed, so...yeah.
Anyways bye for now! I hope you like the new chapter!

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BlackPhoenixHighlord on May 26, 2007, 6:41:40 AM

BlackPhoenixHighlord on
Comment Deleted

Ryokou on May 28, 2007, 10:20:43 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouThank you. ^w^

AmmyK on May 2, 2007, 10:56:54 AM

AmmyK on
AmmyK...*sniff sniff* where did I go?
AmmyK aka Shoko Kinamoto

Ryokou on May 4, 2007, 8:10:01 AM

Ryokou on
RyokouI'll fit you in the next chapter where, FOR SURE I will include all of the the OCs. *keeps forgeting* X.x

crazicat06 on April 21, 2007, 12:17:41 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Yay!!!!! ^.^