Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Fly away

The miss of my friend Stephy-chan when I move. T_T;;

Chapter 1 - Fly away

Chapter 1 - Fly away
AuThOrS nOtE: For one of my best friends at my school, Stephy-chan. For the rest of you, hope you all enjoy. ^^

SuMmArY: Basically, I was the last in my family to know we're mouving away from Athens, & of course my friends were upset. I think one of the people who took it the hardest was Stephy-chan, so I decided to make this song fic.

"Fly Away"
Song: Fly Away
Artist: Lenny Kravitz

1st November. The day Donni feared & despised. It was the day the family, including herself, was mouving away into the big city of Atlanta, GA again. Sure, Athens was a pretty small town, but she knew there wouldn't be friends as great as the ones she made there. Outgoing, crazy, a true Otaku. Just like her.
Inside she was feeling nervous. The pit forming in her stomach was the same feeling she always kept when she was 11. Alone, anti-social, constantly mouving to the point where she can never keep her friends. Sometimes it would make her chuckle to herself, knowing her life was just about identical as Minamoto Kouji, her favourite anime character. But she still felt down. She won't be able to graduate with her friends like she planned. She was also afraid she wouldn't make any friends. She didn't now much about how to make friends, because most people never accepted her for who she was anyways. Yaoi made people sick to their stomach, anime was too kiddish & rap was their all-time favourite thing in the world.
She hated rap. Maybe not from the old school, but music made now made her sick to her stomach.
She knew making friends was hard, so she decided to make new friends her 10th grade year. She made 4 new friends during that time, but one seemed to stick out from the rest.
Stephy-chan.
She was a quiet girl who sat diagnal from her in Euclidean Geometry ACP.She just stood there, watching as her guide frantically signed her assignments & notes with her hands. An anime freak who loved to talk about Fruits Basket & Initial D, & wrote stories as well, mostly romance.
At 1st Donni really didn't know much people in her class, until the teacher assigned everyone to pick "time partners" when classwork assignments are written on the board. Donni decided to choose 4 random poeple to make friends with.
The 1st person she decided to choose was the girl sitting diagnal from her.
She later discovered her name is "Stephy", a quiet 10th grader who loved anime & manga, had an obsession over Kyo from Fruits Basket, & was deaf. Donni didn't mind at all. She had a deaf friend before named Laura, but she mouved away from that school as well. She knew she & her would become the best of friends, & to her thoughts, she was right. She thought she would finally be able to graduate with a friend, but her luck ran out, as always.

I wish that I could fly
into the sky, so very high
Just like a dragonfly
I'd fly above the trees
over the seas in all degrees
to anywhere I please.


It was 24th October when she found out the terrible news. She knew she was going to mouve, but not so soon.
The rest of the week she felt miserable. Many of her friends told her about their "diabolical plan" to "kidnap" her, some planned to see her for the last weekend. Even though Donni thought it was really nice of them, she knew she would miss them very much when she leaves.

I want to get away
I want to fly away
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I want to get away
I want to fly away
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Donni smiled sadly, staring at the beautiful senery of the sunset as the sun began to fade away for the day. She was at the park, enjoying her final day at the small town. She clutched her small artcase, the memories overflowing in her head. The 1st time she arrived at her new high-school, her incident where she was almost thrown into the trashcan for simply being a freshman, & the laughs she shared with her friends when they talked about anime, yaoi, or anything else that seemed to come into mind.
She saw a figure coming towards her direction. She spun around to see it was Stephy-chan, simply smiling & sitting at a free spot.
"I got your message." she replied.
Donni nodded in return & stared at the clouds. "Yep, my last day here, huh?"
The rest of the seconds flew by as the two girls said nothing in particular. Donni fiddled with her shoes, while Stephy-chan started adjusting her glasses.
Donni sighed, thinking that would break the silence, & Stephy-chan started to shake her head, handing her a picture. Donni stared at it for a moment, then smiled. It was a picture she drew of herself & Donni, a chibi Takuya standing away, followed by a panda.
Donni chuckled & handed Stephy-chan a pic as well. It was a picture of The both of the girls in chibi forms, giving eachother a high-five. Takuya was in the background dressed as a school-girl, & panda was wearing a karate outfit. The both of them smiled, staring at the picture in awe before giving eachother a hug.

Lets go & see the stars
The Milky Way, or even Mars
Where it could just be ours
Lets fade into the sun
Let your spirit fly
Where we are one
Just for a little fun

Donni sat back at her spot & sighed heavily. "You know, have you ever thought of flying away somewhere?"
Stephy-chan gave her a confused look before she continued. "Like if you ever wanted to get away from your problems, or you wanted to see how a bird does it all, you just wanna fly, ya know?"
"Oh, I see what you mean." she replied.
Donni yawned & stood up, giving her friend the usual pat on the head & happy grin. "I think I'd better go now, I'm not done packing &...-"
"You know, you really don't have to go." Stephy-chan stated. Donni turned around & smiled.
"I really don't want to go. Not yet, I wanted to graduate with my friends, & my mom promised me that!" she looked towards the ground, a tear slipping from her eye. "I guess not all promises can be made, huh?"
Stephy-chan walked over to Donni, giving her a smile. "You wished you could fly, right?"
Donni smiled & chuckled to herself. "I dreamt of that lots of times, but some dreams aren't meant for reality."
"Some dreams are." she replied in a gentle voice. "If you just believe in yourself, you can do it. I know it may sound crazy, but trust me on this."
Donni gave her a confused look. She didn't think that was possible, but soon she started to believe her. Flying maybe a good thing, something exciting to in her life. She turned to Stephy-chan & smiled, giving her a thumbs up.

I want to get away
I want to fly away
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I want to get away
I want to fly away
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Stephy-chan smiled & grab her hand. Donni gulped & shut her eyes, feeling a growing pain in her stomach. Stephy-chan shut her eyes as well, & in an instant, flaming wings started sprouting from Donni's back, as light wings spread across Stephy-chan's back. The both stared at eachother before giving a wide grin & flying off, hand in hand into the clouds as the sun set fadly in the sky.

No matter where you are
No matter what you're doing
I am always in your heart,
remember that.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FreakAmineStephy on November 11, 2005, 1:12:03 AM

FreakAmineStephy on
FreakAmineStephyI LOVE THAT A LOT! Love ya!