Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

This story was popular on fanfiction.net, so I thought I'd post it here.

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
It was late at night. about 11:45 p.m.. Eddy slept soundly in his giant blue bed, tossing and turning for a comfortable position. The only sound heard was the rain pitter-pattering on the window. Though Eddy was in a deep sleep, he could not hear it. But even though he was asleep, he wasn't dreaming. He just stared into a blank darkness that seemed to last forever. He couldn't remember the last time he had a dream, it seemed like a lifetime.

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck into Eddy's backyard. The thunder was so loud Eddy woke up from his deep sleep. He was half-asleep and confused, wondering what happened. He tried to get off his bed and stand to his feet, but he just tumbled down on the floor. his legs kicked the little table by his bed, and knocked it over. Eddy opened his eyes. He saw the mirror that stood on his desk, it was cracked, but it stood up right. Eddy fixed his eyes to the figure in the mirror- but he didn't see himself. He saw someone familiar - and he knew in an instant it was his brother. His eyes were very different from Eddy's... they were narrow and powerful-looking. They seemed to look right through Eddy. They were the eyes of the kid who once ruled this cul-de-sac... They were his brother's eyes.

"Eddy!" Called a voice. Eddy didn't move. He kept staring into the broken mirror. A tear rolled down his face. He could remember what happened perfectly, as if it happened yesterday.

"Eddy! Fire!!" The voice called again. He could hear his door slide open. He closed his eyes and passed out.

"Eddy?" Whispered a voice. Eddy opened his eyes and saw Edd and Ed staring at him. Eddy was laying in a hospital bed, there were casts on his arms and legs. Everything hurt, even his heart.

"Eddy!" Edd exclaimed. "You're alright! You passed out after you fell out of bed."
Then Eddy remembered the picture of his brother.

"Uh, yeah... Was that you calling out my name, Edd?"

"Yes. Lightning struck a tree in your yard during the storm. We were able to put it out on time, untill more lighting struck that metal pole you put above your bedroom. Remember, you put it there, thinking it'll pick up a radio station?"

"Oh, YEAH EDDY!!" Ed exclaimed, jumping on the bed.

" It was SOOO awesome! Lightning struck from da sky and then BOOOOMMMM SSSSHHHLLLIIIINNNNKK, all over your room, Eddy! All the colors..."

"What?" Eddy asked. "Wait, what happened to my room??"

"The damage was so bad, you'll have to stay with one of us, untill it's fixed." Said Edd.

"I'll stay with you." Eddy rushed, shuddering at the thought of being Ed's roommate.

"Aw, no fair." Ed said, lowering his head.

"Unfortunately, Eddy," Edd went on. "No tacky- I mean, no item in your room survived the storm. Everything was pitch black when they were cleaning out your room."

"Not even my brother..." Said Eddy in a low voice.

"Hm? Your brother?" Ed asked, confused. "Eddy, your brother ran away from home a long time ago, remember? He wasn't in your room."

"That's all I really want..." Eddy whispered to himself. Edd and Ed could hear him.

"I thought money was what you wanted." Said Ed. "And I wanted honey mustard toast, and Edd wanted..." He paused.

"Oh yeah! Edd wanted a girlfriend." Edd blushed and glared at Ed at once, then looked at Eddy.

"Eddy, are you okay?" He asked.

"I want to find him..." Eddy didn't seem to hear his question.

"HE'S DELUSIONAL!!!" Ed exclaimed. He grabbed a bucket of water out of nowhere and splashed it on Eddy.

"Hey hey hey!" Eddy exclaimed. "Watch the hair!"

"Hm..." Edd examined him. "Eddy I can't figure out what's wrong. Usually it's money troubles, but not this time, it seems..."

Eddy sat up in his bed and took a deep breath. "I'm running away."

"What??" Edd exclaimed.

"He's Delusional again!!" Edd grabbed another bucket and splashed Eddy.

"Stop it, Ed!" He screamed. "I'm running away to find my brother! I want to know why he ran away seven years ago! He's taunting me! He wants to drive me over the edge!"

"Now would be a good time to splash him, Ed." Edd said.

"Sorry Edd, outa water."

"Eddy, you can't just run away! You don't even know where your brother is, first off."
"My brother will know I'm coming."

"What, now you're some monk?"

"I'm going and that's final! Tomorrow morning!"

As Ed rolled on the floor, Edd just stared at Eddy. That's all he could do, its obvious Eddy wouldn't change his mind this time.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment