Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - That Damn Moon

Sometimes Roxas just got tires of it all.

Chapter 1 - That Damn Moon

Chapter 1 - That Damn Moon
I sighed, standing up from my bed. The old metal springs churned loudly from the shifting weight. I reached over to the curtains, and pulled them shut roughly, the metal bar made a shrill creaking sound, sliding a bit farther off the wall above the window. The light still shone through the thin fabric.

That damn moon. Ive always hated it so much. It, of course, isnt the real moon, simply Kingdom Hearts, hovering above this ungodly chunk of non-existence. Its always night here, always the same darkness. Always. Why is it that the only source of light in this endless obsidian, is what weve been trying to darken this whole time? Failure. Failure that has doomed us to non-existence. Who cares if we fail, right? I cant. Its impossible for me to. I cannot hate, cannot love, I cant truly exist. I can only remember and pretend. But I can choose. I can choose to discover what I am. Im tired of pretending, tired of impending failure, and Im tired of that damn light.


I scratched some words down onto a small scrap of paper. The ink smeared my weird handwriting a little. I dont know why I wrote it. Those words just came. They meant something, I felt like I had heard it before. The feeling was vague, but there, thats all that matters. I crumpled the paper, shoving it roughly into my pocket before heading out onto the streets. I tried to ignore the footsteps behind me.



Thats not true! I would. Axel sighed as he watched the last of the swirling black vortex fade away. I cant believe hes gone. I-I just dont get it. Why? He cast his vision downward, Emerald eyes met with a small scrap of dancing paper. Axel bent over, capturing it in a gloved hand; he smoothed it out with his fingers, instantly recognizing Roxas handwriting.


There are many worlds

But they all share the same sky

One sky, one destiny



All but one



Then he understood.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Ah, yes another 2AM inspiration. Go me :D Anyways, just felt like writing something. So I tried experimenting with first person, to see if Im any good. Please R&R.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment