Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Moonshadow

First Lara_Fox did this, then I saw ChaosCollision's, and I thought it'd be fun to do my own .^_^. I'd love some feedback so plz comment!!!! :D

Chapter 2 - Moonshadow

Chapter 2 - Moonshadow
Moonshadow


Age: Teen

Species: Kangaroo rat

Personality: Serene, sweet, kind, comforting, adventurous, enigmatic at times

Item: Magical staff, used for ceremony and combat

Greatest Wish: Peace

Special Abilities: Uncanny gift for understanding others, can contact the spirit world via her dreams or “visions”


Moonshadow is supposedly part spirit and has the rare gift of being able to communicate with the spirit world. Because of this she’s believed to be the new oracle, making her an important part of many church ceremonies. She’s often called upon to perform religious duties, and, owing to her great significance, she’s been appointed a personal bodyguard: Kit, a lively young cat girl. The head priest, who acts as her guardian and mentor, recommended Kit because both girls are roughly the same age, and he wanted Moonshadow to have a real friend. Most of the clergy treat her with reverence but not love; he, however, loves her like a daughter and he’s often concerned that she can’t grow up like a normal girl and has to be “a lifeless pawn of the church.” Moonshadow insists that what she’s doing is good and that she’s happy to do it, which is true. She’s told the things she does for the church are for the greater good. Secretly, however, she does wish she could do more with her life than serve the gods and sometimes feels suffocated in her sterile world of clerics, priests, and other servants of the gods. She escapes from it all in her lessons and books of brave heroes and incredible adventures, which, to her slight annoyance, need to all be screened before she’s allowed to read them (occasionally, her books of choice are forbade). Moonshadow’s told it’s “for her own good” and that some texts are “blasphemous” and will “corrupt her mind.” Personally, she thinks books that sway opinions and alter ways of thinking are the best ones. She manages to get her hands on forbidden books sometimes, usually via her uncle, who slips her the “good books, not that churchy garbage,” as he puts it. Her other relatives often bring her (church-approved) books to read, which keeps her happy—and sane.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment