Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Power of Controlled Wind, The White Spirit Book

When Shinji Kuromia gets out of the hospital 5 years late, he enrolls at an all grade university called, Spirit Book University. It is said that there were Six powerful books that are born at random. But not one book: The Red Book.

Chapter 4 - Power of Controlled Wind, The White Spirit Book

Chapter 4 - Power of Controlled Wind, The White Spirit Book


Chapter Three: Power of Controlled Wind, The White Spirit Book



Dr. Kansume stared through a sheet of glass at a young silver-haired boy who was sitting up in his bed, flicking at a teddy bear's nose.

“Five years you have been a patient of mine.” Dr. Kansume said to himself. “You are now ten by our count, the year your book appears.” He pulled up a chair next to the glass and sat in it, waiting.

“But, you are turning eleven tomorrow. Why hasn't it appeared?” Dr. Kansume grabbed a folder next to him on a table and opened it. He looked through it; part by part, word for word. Nothing in this boy's file comes up abnormal.

He looked up to see that a man had opened the door to the room the doctor was looking into. He was also silver-haired.

The boy was smiling. He threw the teddy bear aside and leapt out of bed to the man. It was his father. His father knelt down and the boy ran into his outstretched arms, hugging him.

Dr. Kansume got up and went to a speaker next to the glass and turned it on.

“Hey, there Little Shinji!” the man's voice said in the speaker.

“Papa, you are back!” the boy said. He then gave his father a kiss on the cheek.

“Is there anyone here?” the man asked.

“No, silly Papa! It's just me and you!”

“Okay, but just in case.” The man looked at Dr. Kansume with a serious face.

“Papa that is just a mirror.” Shinji started to laugh.

Conceal!!” the man whispered. A piece of black fabric appeared out of no where and it stretched over the glass and covered it.

`Well,' thought Dr. Kansume. `At least I can still hear them.'

Chibi-Raikou!!” the man said and now there was only static coming from the speaker.

`Damn…'







Beep… beep… beep… beep…

“…alright…has to… hospital…a while.”

Words…. Words formed in Shinji's head as he heard them. But they didn't connect to make sentences. He felt groggy, as if he had just woken up after a long sleep. He opened his eyes slightly. Everything was blurred. He blinked and opened them more. His silver eyes reflected the light above him.

A door opened and Shinji's father entered the room. Shinji turned his head and looked at him.

“Pa…pa?” Shinji weakly lifted his hand up, wanting to touch his father's face.

Mr. Kuromia walked over to him, knelt down and took his hand to his face. Shinji felt his father's worry on it.

“Why… are you worried?” Shinji asked in a raspy voice.

“It's nothing. Don't talk.” Mr. Kuromia placed Shinji's hand back on the bed.

“It… came out.”

“What?” Mr. Kuromia stood up.

“My Spirit Book; it came out of me.” Shinji looked up at the ceiling. “It hurts here…” Shinji placed his hand in the middle of his chest. “This is where it came out.”

“Where is it?” Mr. Kuromia clutched Shinji's hand on top of his chest. “Shinji, do you know where it is?”

“No,” Shinji turned his head to him. “I fell unconscious after it came out. Last thing I remember is seeing it red like blood.”

Mr. Kuromia's eyes widened. But, he closed them and said nervously “It's probably because it was covered in blood.”

“No.” Shinji said. “It wasn't…”

Before Mr. Kuromia said anything else, Shinji had closed his eyes, he head fell sideways.

Beep… beep… beep…





In another room on the other side of the hospital, a doctor flew across the room and hit the opposite wall. In the middle of the room electricity sparked from a thin red book that stood on it's back.

“So the same rule applies to this book too.” Dr. Kansume said walking up to the book. “Only the women, the owner, and the owner's family can touch it. And the same rule applies with a girl's Spirit Book, but the women can't touch it, only the men, the owner, and the owner's family.”

“This is probably why it didn't come out when it was supposed to.” Hitomi said walking up beside him. “Look at the color; it as red as blood.”

“That's because it is blood. It just needs cleaning.”

“No, it doesn't need cleaning. Look at the cover,” She picked the book up with ease and looked at the cover. “It says, `Red Spirit Book' in gold lettering. And the font is Footlight MT Light, wow.”

“That is not amazing nor is it amusing. The Kuromia boy was trying to hide this from us because he thought we would destroy it. Thus he will be punished.” The Doctor turned around and stamped to the door.

“Punish?! Don't be so rash Doctor! He's just a boy.” Hitomi grabbed the doctor's sleeve to stop him.

“Be quiet! You are just trying to protect him because you raised him since he was five!” He threw Hitomi off his arm and she landed on the floor. The book flew out of her grasp.

“Oh no!” She quickly got back up, but it was too late. The book dropped onto the floor.





Shinji's eyes opened wide and gave a painful gasp. His hand jumped to his chest right where his heart was. He gave raspy gasps and he curled into a ball in his sheets.

“Papa! Help… me!!” Shinji gasped.

Mr. Kuromia ran to the other side of the bed and embraced Shinji. “Someone probably dropped your book. Hang in there!” He moved Shinji's head to his shoulder and held him there. Shinji's hands moved across his back and grasped the back of his father's clothes tightly, trying to gather strength. But he then spat out blood.

“Enough of this!” Mr. Kuromia closed his eyes and concentrated. His eyes pinched together as he concentrated harder. “Retrieve!” His eyes snapped open and they glowed black.







Hitomi was dusting the book off when it started glowing black.

`This is Mr. Kuromia's retrieving aura…' She let go of the book and it zoomed off through the open doorway where Dr. Kansume had left through. And soon enough, it had passed him.

`That's…!' Dr. Kansume started running after the book. He made several turns and flew down long hallways, his footsteps echoing and his blurred reflection under him keeping up. This was a stupid chase to Dr. Kansume. But at the same time, he wanted to get this books power even though it was thinner than his purple book. Before long, the book had gone into Shinji's ward.

Mr. Kuromia caught the book and gave it to Shinji who took it quickly and held it to his heart.

“Your book is like your heart, don't mistreat it or else your health will suffer.” He told Shinji. “And don't ever drop it. You'll experience, if you were asleep, a very rude and painful wake up call.”

Shinji nodded. But then, the door burst open and Dr. Kansume came to view breathing heavily.

“We… meet… again Kuromia.” He panted.

“Yes, but I'm afraid that I have to leave this time.” Mr. Kuromia picked up Shinji like a new bride.

“Running away?” Dr. Kansume asked with a smirk. “That would just ruin the fun. Sousei!!” multiple small comets shot out of the doctor's hand straight at Mr. Kuromia.

“Hold on! Teleport!!” In a flash of light, Mr. Kuromia and Shinji disappeared. The small comets zoomed past and hit the opposite wall.

“Damn. I missed.” Dr. Kansume stood up straight and fixed his white coat. “I'll get him next time.”





Mr. Kuromia and Shinji reappeared in the living room of their house. The house was dark and the moon was shining the kitchen window once again. Mr. Kuromia looked down at Shinji and found the he was asleep. He smiled and looked around.

“Not exactly where I intended to teleport…” Mr. Kuromia said. He sighed and went across the room to a staircase. Upstairs, he went into his room where a laid Shinji on his bed. He took Shinji's Spirit Book and his and stuck them in the pillow cases. This bed once led Mr. Kuromia and his wife to the gateway of their dreams, but now, he went to the gate alone.

He changed Shinji out of his hospital clothes carefully, not wanting to wake him. He then put a pair of pajama pants on Shinji, leaving his chest in the open. Mr. Kuromia then took his clothes off and changed into his own pajamas. He then pulled the covers over Shinji and himself and drifted off to sleep.





The alarm clock read 4:55 A.M. Shinji shifted in his sleep and turned over; he was now right against his father's chest. Shinji then delved deeper in the warm sheets, wanting to keep them warm.

Mr. Kuromia felt Shinji's presence next to him. As quietly as he can, he wrapped his arms around Shinji's torso near his stomach. He then started to stroke the area.

Shinji's eyes opened slightly at the sudden movement. His eyes were clouded a bit, still full of unawareness. They shimmered with the moonlight behind the white curtains of the window near Shinji's side. He closed them, his cheeks turning pink and his mouth letting out slow lustful pants.

Candles that sat on the bedside tables, lit up with a sliver flame burning gently at the wick. The little flames were like a small portion of the moonlight flooding into the room. Oh how calming it felt.

“Papa…” Shinji said suddenly.

“What is it?” Mr. Kuromia asked in a muffled voice; he had turned Shinji over to face him and was now kissing his way down his chest.

“I'm… not in the mood.”

“You say that and it ruins the mood. Just relax and let the candles' aroma fill you.”





Shinji sat on the rooftop later that morning. It was around six and the sun was turning the clouds a welcoming orange of a new morning. His eyes looked at the clouds, his mind deep in thought of what had happened earlier that morning.



“Papa, I really don't want to do this.” Shinji had said.

“I won't. Your chest doesn't look good when it's marked. So I'm healing it.” Mr. Kuromia took one of the silver flamed candled and tipped it over Shinji's exposed chest. The wax dripped of the base and landed right on the scar. Shinji had shut his eyes tight, ready to endure pain. But there was none.

This candle has healing powers when lit by a silver flame. I can get rid of scars and heal wounds.” Mr. Kuromia put the candle back down and rubbed the candle wax over Shinji's long scar. Instantly the scar disappeared.

“Now, I can do it.”

“What?! I don't—! Mmph!” Mr. Kuromia shoved a hard kiss upon Shinji's lip to silence him.



Shinji shook the though out of his head.

“I should get ready…” Shinji stood up and bent down next to a trap door on the roof top; this is where he came up from.

But Shinji heard something move and the trap door came up and met his face.

“Shinji! I came to cook breakfast for you!” Kagura's happy voice said.

“NAI!!!! TASKETE!!!”

Kagura lost her happiness and came onto the roof and went to the edge. Hanging there was Shinji.

“Oh no, I'm so sorry! I didn't know that you were right at the door!” Kagura said apologetically.

“You're forgiven! Now help me!!!”

Kagura grabbed Shinji's hand and tried to pull him up.

“You're… too… heavy!” She said still trying to pull him up.

The morning wind started to blow strong as if trying to make Shinji fall. Shinji's fingers started to slip as they fell numb. Kagura felt the wind blowing hard and kept trying to pull Shinji up. Her feet dug into the tiles, trying to stay glued to the roof. She felt stupid trying to pull someone like Shinji back up with her weak strength. But she didn't want Shinji to fall. But then the wind blew its mightiest and both Shinji and Kagura flew off the two story house and toward the ground.

“No! I don't want to die! And I don't want to go back to the hospital.” Kagura shouted, crystal tears falling from her white eyes. “I want to live! I want to live for those who need me!!”

“Is that what you wish?” A voice asked Kagura. “If so, we will grant you that wish”

“Kaze-sama?” Kagura asked. Her chest started to white. Kagura felt extreme pain there; her chest felt like it was being crushed. A spine of a thin book tore its way out and so did the rest of it. Kagura's eyes closed with the book in her arms.

The wind picked up under both Kagura and Shinji, and they floated down at a safe pace, landing on the grass unharmed.

Shinji sat up and rubbed his head. He then looked around and saw Kagura lying on the ground.

“Kagura! Are you okay?” Shinji went over to her; she was unconscious. But he then noticed a pure white book in her arms. He picked it up; it was as thin as his. He turned the book around and saw the front. “White spirit book” it read in Castellar.

Your book is like your heart, don't mistreat it or else your health will suffer. Rang Mr. Kuromia's advice in Shinji's head. He carefully put the book on the grass and picked up Kagura. He then picked the book back up and took both into the house.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lamia on March 28, 2006, 7:36:05 AM

Lamia on
Lamia Oww, blush. Let me kniow when the next chapter comes.

-Lamia