Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - What Worries Most to Shinjimo

When Shinji Kuromia gets out of the hospital 5 years late, he enrolls at an all grade university called, Spirit Book University. It is said that there were Six powerful books that are born at random. But not one book: The Red Book.

Chapter 5 - What Worries Most to Shinjimo

Chapter 5 - What Worries Most to Shinjimo
Chapter Four: What Worries Most to Shinjimo



Shinji sat against a tree outside of the university, eating a boxed lunch his father made for him. Propped against his knees was his Spirit book, open to the first page. It read:



Bou Gyo (Defense) - A defense spell. (Level 1)

This spell is the first defensive spell a child should learn. This requires very little strength and has different versions. But it varies from child to child. Can be used in both Japanese and English.



Above the spell name, there was a moving picture that showed what the spell looked like. It first showed a barrier surrounding the person.

“I already saw that version.” Shinji said to himself.

The book then showed the person surrounded by glass beacons that levitated and shattered, blocking the attack.

Below the description, the word, “Mastered” was printed in red. Shinji traced the word with his finger. He then turned the page.



Zen Kai Bou Gyo (Complete Defense) - A defense spell (Level 2)

The spell is an upgrade of Bou Gyo. This can protect the user from any spell. But it is hard to master for it is a four syllable spell. But can be managed when user is fifteen or older.



“So that means I can master this. I''m fifteen after all.” Shinji looked under the description and saw “Not Mastered” in red below it.



Retsu (Burst) - a basic attack spell (Level 1)

This spell is the first offensive spell a child should learn. Level 1 can be taught at any age.



Below this the word “Mastered” was imprinted.

Shinji felt a throb in his head and his hand held it. With his eyes shut tight enduring the pain, he saw his mother falling to the ground blood spilling.

“Mama…” he whispered, tears crawling out of his eyes. “It''s my entire fault. I shouldn''t have used that spell…” Shinji closed his Spirit Book gently and put it in his backpack. “Mama…”

“Don''t be thinking of Mama. Papa is here loving you twice as much.” A voice said in the branches above Shinji.

“Papa?” Shinji looked up and sure enough, it was Mr. Kuromia. “What are you doing in a tree?”

“Watching you.” Mr. Kuromia leapt down from the tree and landed right next to Shinji. “How do you like your lunch?”

Shinji looked away from him. “It okay.” `I forgot that he was substituting for one of the teachers today.'' Shinji thought. `That is his job after all.''

“I''ll see you later, Shinji.” Mr. Kuromia said as the bell rang. “Duty calls!” he then left Shinji, running to the building.





Shinji lay on top of his father, both breathing heavily and covered with sweat. Mr. Kuromia got out of bed and opened the window, letting in the night''s cool air. He then pulled the covers over Shinji and went into the shower. As he was turning on the water, his face gave a guilty look.

`You have to tell him sooner or later.'' Mr. Kuromia thought to himself as water started drenching his bare body. `Or else it will crush your heart.''

Mr. Kuromia''s fingers touched the back of his neck. “I was branded… to carry out the task…” he said. “But I don''t want to. It''ll be the end of my life if I don''t…. On truth I''ll tell. The other, I won''t.”

There was a soft `thump'' outside.

`Shinji probably fell out of the bed.'' Mr. Kuromia thought. `He did that a few times already; clumsy…''

There was a soft knock at the bathroom door.

“Occupied!” Mr. Kuromia shouted over the water.

But the door opened anyway. Shinji stood in the doorway, the blanket from the bed covering him.

“Now what?” Mr. Kuromia said gently. “I''m taking a shower.” He turned off the water, dried himself off with a towel hanging on the wall, and put a bath robe on. “Do you need to use the toilet?”

Shinji shook his head. Then, the blanket fell revealing someone standing behind Shinji holding a blade to his neck.

“Shinji!”

“Don''t move!” the voice behind Shinji said. The voice sounded like a woman''s. “Move and I''ll slit his throat.”

“What do you want?” Mr. Kuromia asked calmly.

“This boy. Clothe him!”

“No tricks. Enclothe!

Shinji''s school clothes appeared on him.

“Do not speak of this meeting.” The woman said. “If you do, you won''t see Shinji live to his adult years…” the woman moved her face into the light. “But I will…”

“What?! Kiroi?!”

Teleport!” The woman disappeared.

Mr. Kuromia stood there, the wind blowing from the open window.

`There''s just no way that she''s alive.'' He thought. `There''s no way. I was told she died.''





Shinji backed away from the woman as soon as she released him. They were in an abandoned house where webs and dust lived for who knows how long. Shinji didn''t care about his location though. He just wanted to be away from this woman.

“What''s the matter? Don''t you remember me?” Kiroi asked holding out her arms. “It''s me, Mama.”

Shinji backed up against the wall where dust clouds came free and surrounded him. He shook his head violently.

“No! I don''t remember you being like this! You are not Mama!!”

“Of course I am.” Kiroi said locking an embrace around Shinji''s head. “You just don''t remember what happened before…. before I got hit.”

“No! Sakenda!!! Hanasei!!”

“Shinjimo and I got into a fight when he found out that I was pregnant.” She started even though Shinji was trying to get out of her grasp. “But not with you. I was pregnant with your older brother, Lysumo. Know that I had him when I was 20 years old. By the time you were born, Lysumo had run away at ten years of age, right after his Spirit Book appeared.”

Shinji stopped struggling. He was surprised at the new information. `Papa never told me…'' His eyes clouded suddenly and his ears were wide open, ready to take in the information.

“You were a surprise because… we didn''t have intercourse after Lysumo was born. We were too busy and tired taking care of him as he grew up. We didn''t have time for it.”

Shinji stared into his mother''s fair hair. It was the color of buttercups that just bloomed. Though, her hair was a bit messy and she had split ends. To Shinji her hair was beautiful no matter what its state.

“Shinjimo left me after you were born saying that he was going to another country to teach Japanese. I was still in the hospital too. I was there until that day…

“But now…” Kiroi held Shinji tighter. “I am finally reunited with my kodomo… my bishounen…. Genki ….”

Shinji''s arms hesitantly wrapped themselves around her torso and hung on loosely.

“You were like this the whole time?” Shinji asked in a choked voice. “Why did you hold a knife to my neck?”

“Just to scare Papa. That''s all.” Kiroi pulled out a needle out of her sleeve. “I''m just going to keep you for a day and night. I want to see how much you''ve grown.”

Shinji sensed something in her hand. But as he was about to stop it, it was too late. The needle she was holding was stuck into his neck and the substance was injected. She quickly took the needle out and stood back, watching Shinji on the dusty floor.

She took out a yellow Spirit Book and it started to flips its pages.

“Is… that book yellow?” Shinji asked trying to get up. But his legs and arms had gone numb so his attempt was a failure.

“No,” Kiroi answered. “It''s Goldenrod. Awful color if you ask me.”

Shinji started to feel hot and he was perspiring. His legs twitched and his hips gave a sudden thrust. He was also pink at the cheeks. What was going on?

`I''m… starting to … get… hard…'' Shinji thought to himself shutting his eyes tight. His closed his legs and bent them, bringing his knees to his stomach.

“You feel it?” Kiroi asked. “It''s a little intense ecstasy in just a few teaspoons of liquid. I was quite malicious when I was in SBU High School; made it myself. But it only works on guys 14 and older.”

Kiroi bent down and took the top part of Shinji''s clothes off revealing his lean build.

“My goodness; you''re skinny!” her finger tips of her left hand glided down Shinji''s side; he let out a moan and his back arched. “Hypersensitive are you? Probably without the ecstasy, you would still be sensitive.”

“Ya-yamite…” Shinji moaned. His cheeks had gone a deep pink.





Mr. Kuromia shot up in bed breathing hard. He looked around and saw bits of the sunlight creeping through the curtains of the shut window. He then looked next to him.

Shinji lay next to him in a ball sleeping soundly. You can hear his slow and calm breathing. But Shinji''s eyes opened slightly and looked up at his father.

“Papa, is… something the matter?” Shinji asked yawning.

“I''m fine.” He answered. `So it was just a dream.''

“Papa?”

Mr. Kuromia turned and looked at Shinji. It was accidental that Shinji saw his sad face. Mr. Kuromia quickly turned away leaving Shinji crestfallen.

“Papa, why are you sad?”

Mr. Kuromia didn''t answer. He moved to his bedside table and opened the drawer. His picked up a cell phone inside and dialed a number.

“Hello?” he said into the phone. “Yes, good morning. I''m Shinjimo Kuromia and I''m calling Shinji sick today.”

“What?!” Shinji shouted. “I''m not—!” Mr. Kuromia covered Shinji''s mouth.

“Yes, Shinji Kuromia. Yes, he caught a slight cold, he''ll be back tomorrow. Okay, thank you.” He then hung up.

“Papa, what did you do that for?! I wanted to meet Ice, Yamina, and Kagura today so we can work on my spirit skills!”

Mr. Kuromia embraced Shinji, making him fall silent. “I want you to stay home today.” He then leaned forward, falling onto the bed and pinned Shinji to it. “Please, for me.” He then started kissing Shinji neck and made his way below.

“Ah… Papa…!”

And there, Mr. Kuromia made love to Shinji, his tears as transparent as Kiroi''s spirit. He held them in his eyes… and in his heart, which filled with fear.

`I will regret the day when I have to do my task…''









1

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lamia on April 30, 2006, 1:45:46 AM

Lamia on
Lamia Blush. I like the intro of Kiroi

-Lamia