Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Dark Reflections

When Shinji Kuromia gets out of the hospital 5 years late, he enrolls at an all grade university called, Spirit Book University. It is said that there were Six powerful books that are born at random. But not one book: The Red Book.

Chapter 8 - Dark Reflections

Chapter 8 - Dark Reflections






Chapter Seven: Dark Reflections













Papa, wake up! Please wake up!





Shinji calm down. Hes just asleep.





But&all that marking&. What happened to him?!





Mr. Kuromia conscious came out of the darkness. He felt Shinji holding his hand tightly; he felt his nails digging into his skin. Someone else was treating the scratches; it was a woman judging by the voice.





Mr. Kuromia opened his eyes. His sight was blurry at first, but it then cleared up.





Welcome back, Mr. Kuromia. He looked over at the woman; it was Hitomi.





What&? What are you doing here? Mr. Kuromia asked.





What does it look like? she asked back. Im treating your injuries. She smiled.





Papa! Shinji shouted happily, jumping on the bed and giving his father a hug.





Ouch, ouch! My injuries!





Gomen, Im just so happy youre alive! Shinji got off of his father.





Im not that easy to kill. Mr. Kuromia looked at Hitomi and smiled.





Shinji can you get a bag of ice for me? Hitomi asked.





Hai! Ill be back. Shinji then left.





Mr. Kuromia waited until Shinjis footsteps dies away and then asked, So howd you get here?





Shinji. She answered. He came to the hospital looking for me. Its kind of expected since Im the only staff member he knows well. Anyway, he was panicking to find me. He was lucky; he found me before I left from my morning shift. He said that it was an emergency and he dragged me here. She opened a First Aid kit and took out a bandage wrap. She then started wrapping up some of the wounds. He got so panicky, that he forgot that you were completely nude and he opened the door, fully exposing you. I was so embarrassed&





At this point Mr. Kuromia was blushing.





He quickly covered your privates and gave a First Aid kit to me. He was worried that you would die. But I told him that no one can die from bleeding scratches unless that got really infected. But yours werent infected so dont worry. I just cant believe you can be brought down by this sort of thing. Just the thought brings shivers down my spine.





Well, expect the unexpected. You know a weakness now. Mr. Kuromia smiled and Hitomi smiled back.





Im back! Shinji said. And I have the ice. He held up a small plastic bag with ice cubes in it.





Thank you, now bring it here.





Shinji went over to Hitomi and gave her the ice. She took the ice and placed it on Mr. Kuromias forehead.





Why do I?





You have a slight fever. So its best to try to cool it down right away before it gets any worse. Hitomi smiled again and Mr. Kuromia smiled back.





Mr. Kuromia closed his eyes and went to sleep.





Next to him, Shinji had gotten onto the bed and lied down. He also closed his eyes and went to sleep. Hitomi looked at the two sleeping. She just smiled and continued treating the wounds.

















Shinji stood in darkness. Nothing was stirring within this darkness. Shinji took one step and he looked down. Waves of water spread out from his foot and into the dark distance. Shinji noticed the red cape that hung from his shoulders.





The clothes I woke up with& I thought I took them off& Shinji reached to unpin the cape, but electricity shot out at Shinjis hand, hurting it. He also tried to remove the head band, but the same thing happened.





Shinji looked up and saw someone standing some feet away from him. Curiosity filled Shinji and he moved forward. When he did, the person became clearer. When he was close enough, Shinji realized that it was his father. But when Shinji took a step forward, his father held a hand up for him to stop. He gestured something behind him to come out. And it did.





It was a double of Mr. Kuromia.





Shinji looked at the two. The first one looked serious and has a cold star in his eyes. But the second looked gentler, like Shinjis current father.





The gentle Mr. Kuromia held out his arms out and gestured Shinji to come over. He did, and stood in his embrace. The serious Mr. Kuromia walked a few paces away and turned to face them. Shinji turned around and faced him.





The serious Mr. Kuromia grabbed something behind him and roughly pulled it out. Shinjis eyes went wide; it was Lysumo. The serious Mr. Kuromia grabbed Lysumos hair and started yelling at him. But no words were heard. Lysumo was yelling back, words also unheard.





They started to fade, but they still fought. The Mr. Kuromia behind him was also fading, watching the two men fight. As if nothing was happening, all three of them disappeared, leaving Shinji alone again.





He looked around at the darkness. Nothing was stirring again. But Shinji saw some people standing in the distance. Once again, he moved closer to get a better look. When he got close enough, Yamina, Kagura, Lysumo, and Yomi was revealed.





All five of them turned to face Shinji. Kagura was wearing a white head band and cape. She looked tearful as she looked at him. When a tear went down a cheek, she lowered her head and started sobbing. Yamina went over to Kagura to comfort her. She wore a black head band and cape. Ice however stood in place, her eyes empty; Lysumo was the same. Ice was wearing a black cape and a white head band with speckles of their opposite color on them, making the cape like the star filled sky and her head band the Milky Way. Lysumo still wore his blue head band and cape.





But Yomi was the only one the Shinji didnt know. Yomi just stared at Shinji as if he was going to do something strange.





Look down& Someone said. Look down& into the dark water&.






Shinji did so.





Shinji saw his reflection and his eyes widened. He saw that his eyes were narrowed and a red marking was on both cheeks. His ears were pointed a forked at the end. His attire was completely different; it was glaring of red and orange. His hands were clawed and made him look murderous.





Shinji looked away and saw the others reflections. Yamina and Kagura didnt have reflections. But Ice did. Her reflection showed the here right eye was white and her left eye was black. No cat ears occupied her head. But, on the right of her head was a white phoenix feather and on the left a black dragon whisker. Her shirt was white and her pants black. On her back a white phoenix wing extended from the right and a pure black dragon wing extended from her left.





Lysumos reflection showed that he had strange looking ears; they were fin-like and had a shade of blue on the edges. But they werent the only ones that were fin-like. He was topless so most of his torso showed. Along his spine the same colored fins protruded, going all the way to his lower back, stopping at his hips. On his wrists fins also protruded. He looked like to be a fish like monster of some kind.





Shinji then looked at Yomis reflection. But Shinji couldnt make anything of it; it was just a puddle of blurred yellow.





Shinji looked back at Yamina and Kagura, but they werent there. They had disappeared. He then looked at Ice and she was already fading. She looked at Shinji, tears falling. Her mouth formed words, I dont want to die&. She then disappeared.





Yomi was being engulfed by darkness and he looked at Shinji. You will die& he mouthed. He then disappeared with the darkness.





Lysumo walked up to Shinji and held him in an embrace. Shinji looked up at him as his lips formed words, Brothers should die in each others embrace& He also disappeared. Shinji was now alone again.





Will you live or will you die? It is all up to you&


















Midoshi sat in front of a computer, in his room, typing away at the keyboard. On the screen, an Alert Message popped up. Midoshi narrowed his eyes.





Now what& He clicked on the alert and read the message. He eyes widened. He quickly got up and ran out of the room. He ran to a cupboard and took out a medical box. He then ran down a hallway and kicked a door open.





shoot& The room that Midoshi stood in front of was completely dark. Yomi?!! He ran inside and found the light switch. But he realized it was still up; all of the lights had burned out.





Too& cold& Yomis voice said in the darkness. Need& light& and heat&





Midoshi located Yomi, who was curled into a ball and picked him up. He ran out of the dark room and took him into his room and laid Yomi onto his bed. Midoshi turned on the lights and looked at Yomi. Yomi was flushed with coldness and shivering from head to toe. Midoshi walked over to him and took an injection needle out from the medical box and gave Yomi a shot.





That should warm up more quickly. Midoshi said.





Arigato& Yomis eyes started to close and he fell asleep.





Yomi, the carrier of The Yellow Book, barely survives the cold and darkness. Midoshi thought, going back to his computer. On the computer screen the alert was still open. It read: Warning! Patient Yellow status conditions dropping. Immediate attention required.





Midoshi closed the message and clicked on a file called, Spirit Book Info. The file opened and showed three thumbnails of Word documents. The first one was called, Sapphire. The second, Blue and the third, Yellow. His face was blank; he was thinking. After a minute or so, he got up and went back to the room where Yomi was. But he didnt go inside. He went next door and opened it.





This room was also completely dark, but Midoshi didnt panic or anything.





Aoi Hikari! A blue light appeared near his head and followed him as he walked in. He stopped in the middle of the room. In front of him, Lysumo lied on the floor sleeping on his back. The only things Lysumo had on were his cape, headband and pants.





Midoshi levitated and inch above the floor and glided over to Lysumo, not wanting to wake him. He then placed his feet gently back on the floor and bent down next to Lysumos wrists and looked closely. There was a patch of dark blue on his wrists. But Midoshi couldnt tell because of his light.





Shiori Hikari! Midoshi whispered. The light changed to white.





Midoshi saw Lysumos natural skin color and his blue clothing. He looked back at Lysumos wrists; the patches on his wrists were most definitely blue. Midoshi gave a small smile and went back to his room.





He clicked on the word document Blue and typed, Lysumo Kuromia shows first signs of transformation. It wont be long until his father comes back.





Midoshi then started laughing quietly.





I hope we will meet very soon, Lysumono.





Midoshi opened a draw of the desk and took out a wrist band. On it, it read:











Name: Kuromia, Lysumo






DOB: Unknown






Age: 10 years






Birth Mother: Hirosake, Kiroi






Birth Father: Kuromia, Lysumono






Spirit Book Color: Blue





























4





























Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment