Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - New Knowledge

When Shinji Kuromia gets out of the hospital 5 years late, he enrolls at an all grade university called, Spirit Book University. It is said that there were Six powerful books that are born at random. But not one book: The Red Book.

Chapter 9 - New Knowledge

Chapter 9 - New Knowledge






Chapter Eight: New Knowledge













Shinji awoke in his fathers bed. Outside, night had fallen; the moon shining bright and a small amount of stars were scattered. Shinji yawned and got up, noticing that his father wasnt in bed. He stood up and walked out of the room.





As he went down the hallway, Shinji heard talking downstairs. Shinji went to the stairs and stopped at the top. He crouched and looked down through the railing. At the table, Mr. Kuromia was talking to Ice who sat opposite of him.





Between them sat a figure. The figure had the same exact figures as Ices reflection in his dream, except for the cape and headband. Shinji swallowed some moisture and started down the steps.





Ice looked up from her conversation with Mr. Kuromia and spotted Shinji.





Konbanwa, Shinji. She said smiling.





Uh& Hai, Konbanwa& Shinji said with a bit of fear in his voice. He reached the bottom of the stairs and walked next to Mr. Kuromia. Papa& Shinji placed his arms around his shoulders. Akumu& he whispered in his ear. Shinji then rubbed his cheek against Mr. Kuromias, giving a hint what he wanted.





Mr. Kuromia looked at Shinji and then at Ice.





Ice, you can come back tomorrow night. Well continue our conversation then.





Okay, She got up and went to the door. Keep the figure since I was supposed to give it to you. Oyasumi.





Oyasumi, Ice. Mr. Kuromia closed the door behind her.





When Mr. Kuromia turned around, he saw Shinji sitting on the sofa taking his shirt off. He went over to Shinji and sat beside him.





Shinji, he said placing a hand on his shoulder. Shinji looked at him. May I ask what your nightmare was about?





Shinji looked at him but then looked away.





You& Shinji started. You were in it. And I went over to you. But you stopped me and another you appeared.





Mr. Kuromias eyes widened with fear.





One was serious looking, as if he was older. And the other was just like you now. The serious one walked away and took someone out from behind him, Lysumo. Shinji paused and looked at Mr. Kuromia.





Mr. Kuromia looked at Shinji and immediately held him. Shinji felt him trembling and his embrace tightened.





Dont say anything more. He said. I think its time to tell you everything.





Everything&?





Well, Mr. Kuromia let Shinji go and looked into his eyes. Im going to tell you as much as I can tonight; starting with the reason why Ice was here.





Mr. Kuromia got up and went back to the table where he picked up the figure Ice had left. He placed it between the two figures on the coffee table: the glass and angel and the wooden dragon.





You see these figures dont you? Mr. Kuromia asked. Shinji nodded.





These are from Ice and her parents. The angel is from her mother, the dragon from her father, and the hybrid from her.





Hybrid&? Shinji questioned.





A hybrid is a hanyou, Halfling, half and half, etc. Like Yin& Mr. Kuromia pointed at the dragon. &and Yang together. He pointed at the angel. But the angel is supposed to be a white phoenix, not what it currently is. Japan is really getting into the western culture. Siding that&





Mr. Kuromia arranged the figures in a straight line; The Angel on the right, the dragon on the left and the hybrid in the middle.





Ice and her family have the yin-yang curse upon them.





The yin-yang curse&? Whats that?





This curse has lasted for twelve of their generations thus far. But at the present time, its the thirteenth generation; which is Yamina, Ice and Kagura.





What about Haji? Hes the oldest sibling. Shinji asked.





Haji doesnt have the curse for he is the girls step-brother. They have different mothers. Also, Haji lives in a different house than the girls. Anyway, the yin-yang curse is a curse that the females or males always have or make three babies; one after another, whether they like it or not. Yin is always born first, then the hybrid and then the yang. Also, the three children are the same gender. Currently, the three children, Yamina Ice and Kagura, are three girls.





That doesnt sound so bad though.





Hold on, Im not finished. There are a few other things besides that detail. Those with the yin-yang curse always have a short life. The maximum so far was 39 years old. So by now, the girls father could be dead. But on average, those with the curse lived up to 32.





They dont even reach over the hill? Shinji asked.





Mr. Kuromia shook his head.





Papa&?





What is it?





Do Ice, Yamina and Kagura know this? Shinji then turned his gaze back to his father.





Mr. Kuromia fell silent. He stared at the door.





Yes, Mr. Kuromia looked back at Shinji. I suppose they do. Anyway lets continue.





Wait, is it even okay to be talking about Yamina, Kagura and Ice?





Its okay. They wont know.

















At the girls house, all three were minding their own business.





Kagura was reading, Midnight Moon.





Ice has such a way to be cruel in the end. She said flipping through the book. Ill go ask if I can read The Crescent Moon later.





Yamina happened to be reading The Crescent Moon.





Im glad I got Ice into shounen-ai. Yamina smirked. She then turned to the next page. When she read a few paragraphs, she blushed. Wow& I knew that they were bound to be a couple. She kept reading and then blushed deeper.





Ice was in her room typing away on the computer. At the top of the open word document, it read, The Crimson Moonlight





Damnit, she said. This is harder to type. I shouldnt have made this so complicated.





But then, all three of the girls sneezed.





Someone is talking about me& All three of them said.

















Okay, if you say so.





Where was I? Oh yes; I met the girls parents once. But it was in the hospital where the girls were being taken care of. They were leaving too; leaving all three girls in the hands of the doctors and nurses. You were three when I met them.





Wait, you actually met the girls parents? What did they look like?





Sorry, but I dont remember. But she asked me for you to marry Ice when you were older and thats the only thing I remember. I still wonder how she knew I had a son.





Me& marry&?





Yes, she sounded desperate for you to do so. I didnt know what to say. Mr. Kuromia paused for a moment. Theres another thing I remember. The father also asked the same thing. Also, when he turned around, I thought I saw transparent, black, dragon wings. I must have been seeing things for when I looked back they were gone and both parents left, talking about how he should die.





What happened to their mother? Shinji asked.





I believe shes still alive& Mr. Kuromia said with a little doubt in his voice. Though Im not entirely sure. But I know that shes not living with them





Before Shinji could ask, Mr. Kuromia continued.





Moving on, these figures actually represent the girls: The angel, Kagura, the dragon, Yamina, and the hybrid is Ice.





Wait& Shinji said, pausing.





What is it?





I see significance in Yaminas name. Shinji said thinking. She has the word, Yami in her name, which means darkness; which fits the criteria of a dragon. But Ice and Kaguras names&. Well actually Ices name is Korina. Anyway, their names dont have significance. What was their fathers name?





Yoru, why?





Doesnt Yoru mean night?





Mr. Kuromia thought. Yes.





What about their grandmother?





Lets see. Mr. Kuromia thought again. I think it was Hi.* Why?





Hi means day. Night and day. Get it? Shinji asked. If part of Yaminas name means darkness. Kaguras name should mean light.





I see your point. Mr. Kuromia said. You have to ask Kagura if that is her actual name.





On the clock it read 1:25 A.M.





I think thats all I can tell you tonight; its getting late. Go take a shower, Ill be right up.





Okay&. Shinji went up the stairs and went to the bathroom, his hair gleaming dully behind him.





Mr. Kuromia looked back at the door.





Girls, I sense something horrible might happen to you tonight at this very hour. He thought.





*Author note: pronounced He























Kagura was leaning onto Yaminas shoulder asleep while Yamina was watching a movie on the TV. Ice was at the dinning room table taping her pencil on a pad of binder paper with her head resting in her hand.





Got any ideas Yamina? she asked, still taping.





How about Ryu captured by Oukami?





No I did that a few times in The Crescent Moon, remember? Ice sighed, putting her pencil down and leaned back in the chair.





Oh yeah, well Im dry.





There was a knock at the door.





What the&? Visitors at this hour?





Ice got up from the table and went to the door. But before she could open it, it burst open and a ball of energy shot Ice across the room, into the opposite wall, breaking it.





Ice! Yamina got up and went to her. Kagura awoke and rubbed her eyes and looked at the door.





Alright you doges, where are they? Hajis voice sounded.





Kagura whimpered and ran over to Yamina, who was helping Ice up.





Rushing footsteps were heard and all three of the girls were pinned to the wall by Haji and his gang.





Haji was wearing a silver headband and a matching cape.





Ill ask again, where are they?! Haji yelled into Ices ears.





Where& are what? Ice choked. She was pinned by her neck.





Those stupid statues of the dragon, angel and hybrid! Haji squeezed on Ices windpipe and she gasped. I know theyre here. Now where are they?!





Though luck, Yamina said. We& already got& rid of them. She smirked. Slow as always, Haji.





Shut up, you dog! The guy holding her squeezed on her windpipe.





Kagura started crying. Stop it! Why do you even want those things anyway?!





Thats none of your concern! Haji barked. If none of you are going to tell me where they are then there is only one option. Haji glared at the three girls cat ears. Ill make you three& He smiled wickedly. &lose your ears and tails.





Yamina, Kagura and Ice gasped and their pupils shrank. Their voices disappeared and was replaced with immense fear. Of all things to happen, it was much too early for the three girls to lose their ears.





Lets get this party started. I always wanted to lose these stupid fox ears. Haji said to his gang. Afterwards, search the house for the statues.





Hajis gang laughed with him and they started ripping the girls clothes off.











Author note: Hajis gang is 12 people total and are his age, 17





























4





























Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lamia on July 25, 2006, 2:13:53 AM

Lamia on
Lamiablush... Sometimes I have a gross mind for creating violent torture scenes as well. I tell them to my friends who say they have very visual minds, and it grosses the h*** out of them.

I read in this chapter that there was a white phoenix. May I draw that White Phoenix? If yes, can you give me more details?

-Lamia