Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chap. 2

My book! YAY=P orginally this was going to be just another story about a dragon and her family, but then i got into the Warriors series by Erin Hunter and it turned into the Dragon version of Warriors and i've only got a prologue, and 1 and a half

Chapter 2 - Chap. 2

Chapter 2 - Chap. 2












When I woke up I found myself on the Sleeping Rock. I looked around and saw that the once sizeable fire had died down to little more than a few glowing embers, though the den was still bright with a strange blue light. I looked toward the source of the light but suddenly the blue light disappeared and the fire reignited.





I stretched out my slender body, parting my jaws and rolling out my tongue in an enormous yawn. I jumped of Sleeping Rock and landed with a graceful flap of my wings realizing I was famished. As I walked around the rekindled fire I noticed that there was a small heap of rabbits, I ravenously wolfed down the rabbits. Then, I sat down, licking the last hint of rabbit from my jaws with my forked tongue.





I pondered how well I could swim and ventured over to the pool of water, noticing how sharply my blood red body contrasted with the cerulean blue water. I slithered into the water following my instincts and keeping all but my head submerged. I spread my soft as velvet wings, took a deep breath and dove beneath the surface of the warm water. I opened my eyes and saw a small school of herring. I instinctively pulled my legs as close to my body as I could and swished my tail swiftly from side to side, using my wings to steer me, and shot at the fish like a red harpoon. As I neared the fish I stuck out my head and nabbed one. I victoriously returned to the surface and swallowed my victim in one easy gulp.





I sank beneath the surface and looked around disappointed that I found no more fish but, what I did see surpized me. What I saw was a subtrainen cave, glowing with the same mystifying blue light I saw earlier. Contemplating what could be in the cave, I swam inside.











Inside, still submerged, I found sparkling blue crystalline walls. I surfaced noticing I still didnt need to take a breath, I hauling myself onto the sparkling cave floor, shaking the gathered droplets of water from my leathery pelt. I turned back to the waters edge and looked back at the crystals under water. I leapt into the air as a voice sounded behind me. I turned around and looked to see who the voice belonged to. When I turned around I found myself face to face with a colossal light silver dragon that blended almost perfectly with the crystal walls of the cave, the only thing that give her away was her motherly green eyes. Hello, young one, you must be Frostmoons new chick. the dragon said gently. Usually, it is a mothers duty, and right, to tell her chick its name but, since you have found a dragon who knows your name would you like me to tell you your name? She offered calmly, I sat there wide-eyed, for although I use young in age I was ancient in mind and knew that it was a dishonor to my mother if anyone but her were to tell me my name. No, thank you, but I do not want to disgrace my mother. I said, dipping my head respectfully. I expected nothing less from my sisters daughter. I sat there dumbstruck amazed that, though me and this gentle dragon liked nothing alike, we shared blood!





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment