Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chip's alarm clock

This is a story, I had to write for english, yeah, it's weird.

Chapter 1 - Chip's alarm clock

Chapter 1 - Chip's alarm clock


THE RITUAL



Every time someone's day dawned, a higher being switches off his alarm clock. Conversely, every time someone's day set, he would set his alarm clock. The cycle of the days never ended.

Chip woke that morning in a cold sweat. He had a very bizarre and frightening dream. Most dreams really are both frightening and bizarre if you think about it. Chip was wandering through a corn field in his dream when he saw a crazy old man sitting on a fence.

“Corn Chip!” yelled the geezer, who laughed so hard at his odd pun that he fell right of his fence. His fence, unfortunately, sat on the edge of a cliff.

Chip ran over to see what happened to the man. He leaned over the fence, resting both hands on it as he did so. The man was falling through mid air, still laughing jovially. Then suddenly, he glared at Chip with red eyes.

“No'ne touches mah fence!” shouted the old man. Then he continued laughing as he was falling, although, the laugh had a menacing, evil quality to it now.

“Yu'll pay fer touchin' mah fence!” cackled the insane old man.

This is where Chip wakes up. Scared half to death and sweating like a pig if pigs could sweat (contrary to popular belief, pigs don't roll in the mud for the heck of it, it's so they don't overheat.) Chip walked clumsily to the bathroom to take care of some, for lack of a better word, business. Running into the frame of the door of his bedroom along the way.

On his way out Chip inspected himself in the mirror. He ran his fingers through his short, auburn hair, Looked into his bloodshot, green eyes, and stroked the stubble of a beard on his chin.

He saw something move behind him in the mirror. He turned around and the creepy old man was standing right behind him. He jumped, making the moment exactly like a cliché horror movie.

“I told ya I'd get ya back fer touchin' mah fence!” shouted the old man with an evil chortle at the end of his exclamation.

Chip bolted from the bathroom, down the stairs, and out the door in only his under shorts. He stopped running the second he got outside though. He found himself in the same corn field from his dream. He then heard the old man coming down the stairs.

“I'll get you Corn Chip!” screamed the old man.

Chip ran as fast as he could through the corn maze. He kept sprinting, but the old man would always walk up not far behind him. No matter how fast Chip ran the old man just walked up slowly behind him as if he was teleporting, cackling his evil cackle all the while.

Chip found a break in the corn and ran towards it. He got out of the labyrinth of vegetable and found himself by the fence and the cliff from the dream. Chip The old man burst out of the corn laughing.

“Get away from me!” gasped Chip desperately.

“I told ye not to be touchin' mah fence!” said the old man in a justification of is stalking of Chip “Now yu'll get what's been comin' to ya!” The old man continued his insane laughing and slowly started walking towards Chip.

Chip backed away from the old man with a look of terror on his face. Eventually Chip could back up no more due to the fence, so he just backed up to it. The second he touched the fence the old man's eyes went blood red like they had in the dream.

“I told ya not to touch mah fence!” screamed the old man so loudly his voice became distorted. He charged Chip and shoved him over the fence and off the cliff. Chip fell for what seemed like an eternity. The whole time he stared up at the man laughing his head off.

A greater being set Chip's alarm clock, preparing it to go off at some point in the future when Chip hit the bottom of the cliff.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment