Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Christmas Eve

I LUV THIS COUPLE!

Chapter 1 - Christmas Eve

Chapter 1 - Christmas Eve
Maria was back from the dead- right before Christmas. Shadow was happier than he's been in a LONG time. But on Christmas Eve, as he stared out the window from the couch, he felt sad and depressed. But why? Maria was there!

Shadow sighed. He heard footsteps. His ears twitched and he turned his head. It was Maria. Shadow smiled a little and looked out the window again. Maria sat next to him.
"Did it snow last year?" Shadow looked over at her confused.
"Is that what that white stuff is?" Maria nodded.
"It's frozen rain," Shadow laughed quietly.
"Don't tell that to Sonic," Maria smiled.
"No, it didn't snow last year for some reason," informed Shadow. Maria looked out the window.
"I didn't see your last Christmas from...up there...what happened?" Shadow stiffened a bit.
"N-nothing major," Maria looked at him.
"SOMETHING happened,"
"I avoided the mistletoe at all costs," informed Shadow. Maria giggled.
"And...," Shadow added, his ears folding down.
"I didn't really enjoy it...,"
"Why? Because I wasn't here?" asked Maria. Shadow nodded and looked at the ground.
"I cried," He said that extremely quietly.
"What did you say?" asked Maria.
"Never mind," replied Shadow, looking up.
"What did you say?" asked Maria, a little more demanding.
"Nothing important," answered Shadow, blushing lightly. Maria smiled.
"That's it," She jumped on him. Shadow went wide eyed.
"Wha-" Maria started tickling him where his chest hair was.
"AH! S-stop! I h-hate it wh-when you d-do that!" Shadow exclaimed, laughing.
"Tell me what you said," replied Maria.
"Get o-off of me and I w-will!" Shadow exclaimed again. Maria got off of him. Shadow sat up, and scowled at her.
"I hate that!" Maria laughed.
"Okay, I know, just tell me!" Shadow sighed and looked out the window again.
"I cried,"
"Shadow," Maria whispered sympathetically. Shadow didn't look at her. He couldn't- his cheeks were burning. He felt a hand rub his shoulder. Shadow's cheeks turned redder. Maria stopped rubbing his shoulder and turned his head.
"It's okay, Shadow," Shadow turned around completely. Maria wrapped him in a hug, and Shadow hugged her back.
"I know you loved me, so-" Shadow pulled away quickly, interrupting her.
"Love?!"
"Oh, sorry! I meant love family wise," informed Maria, blushing a little.
"Is she blushing?" Shadow thought.
"Anyway, I understand why you cried," said Maria. Shadow nodded. They were quiet for a while.
"I remember your FIRST mistletoe experience," informed Maria, braking the silence. Shadow smiled a bit.
"You mean OURS!"

Flashback...

Shadow leaned against the doorway as eight year old Maria placed one last present under the Christmas tree in the center of the ARK. Maria stood up.
"That's the last one, I think!" She walked over to Shadow and leaned on the opposite side of the doorway.
"You okay?" Shadow looked at her quickly.
"Oh, yeah, I'm okay," They heard snickers. Shadow looked over in the other room to see employees laughing at...Maria and him!
"What are they laughing at?" He looked over at Maria to see her cheeks pink.
"Maria?" Maria pointed up. Shadow looked up and saw mistletoe, which made him go bright red. He looked back at Maria.
"Uh...," Maria kissed his cheek. Shadow was on the verge of fainting.
"No, you have to do lips!" exclaimed one worker. Gerald came by.
"Get back to-" He saw Shadow and Maria standing under the mistletoe.
"What's going on here?"
"Sir, she has to kiss Project Shadow on the lips!" informed another worker.
"Brett, they are kids!" exclaimed Gerald. Brett and the other workers walked away laughing. Gerald rolled his eyes and looked back at the other two.
"Grandfather, do we really have to?" asked Maria.
"No, but you can if you want. It's just like family kissing family," answered Gerald. Maria looked at Shadow, who was blushing harder than he was earlier.
"D-do you mind?" Shadow shook his head. Actually, he wanted to kiss her. Maria and Shadow kissed on the lips, just like they were family. Gerald smiled.
"Okay, just don't go past that," Maria smiled.
"I don't know how to kiss like that!" Gerald ruffled her hair.
"I know," He walked away. Maria looked back at Shadow, who was mesmerized.
"You okay?" asked Maria. Shadow snapped back into it.
"Yeah," Maria giggled.
"I don't think you would survive longer than that,"

End of Flashback...

"Stupid workers," said Maria. Shadow laughed.
"I can't believe they said that,"
"Me either," replied Maria.
"There's no mistletoe around here, is there?" Shadow shrugged.
"I don't want to find out," Truth is, he did. He wanted to kiss Maria again.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RaineandSonic on July 5, 2009, 12:42:48 PM

RaineandSonic on
RaineandSonicAw, thats cute. ^^ I love this couple too, they're cute.

Link_the_hedgehog_magician on July 5, 2009, 10:40:26 AM

Link_the_hedgehog_magician on
Link_the_hedgehog_magicianAwww..^^ nice