Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Christmas, Confessions, and a Cliff Hanger

I LUV THIS COUPLE!

Chapter 3 - Christmas, Confessions, and a Cliff Hanger

Chapter 3 - Christmas, Confessions, and a Cliff Hanger
Later that night, Shadow sat in his room, watching Mad TV. Someone knocked on his door.
"I'm usually the only one up at ten...unless it's Sonic," thought Shadow. He got up and opened his door.
"Maria? Shouldn't you be in bed?" Maria smiled.
"No one can tell me when to go to bed anymore," Shadow smiled slightly.
"True," He let her in. Maria sat on his bed.
"What is this?" she asked, referring to the show.
"Oh, uh, Mad TV. It makes fun of lots of other shows. I should change it...it's PG-13," (Me: LOOK WHO'S RESONSIBLE! Shadow: Shut it.) Shadow picked up the remote and flipped through the channels.
"Well, Amy said you had to tell me something," informed Maria. Shadow dropped the remote and looked at Maria.
"What else did she say?"
"That if you don't tell me she will," answered Maria. Shadow went extremely red. He looked away from Maria and picked up the remote. He started changing the channels again.
"I'm guessing you never wanted to tell me in the first place," said Maria. Shadow sighed. He set the remote down.
"I want to tell you, but...I can't. It's...complicated,"
"Oh," replied Maria, disappointed.
"I knew it was too good to be true...he would never fall for me,"
"Well, I'll tell you something important if you tell me it," Shadow once again dropped the remote. He looked at Maria.
"And that is...,"
"You first," replied Maria.
"No, you first," said Shadow.
"You don't trust me!" exclaimed Maria, turning around so that her back was facing him. She smiled. She was joking around, but Shadow didn't know that.
"I do trust you!"
"Then tell me," demanded Maria. Shadow sighed. He was blushing extremely hard. He got up from the bed and turned on the lights. Maria looked at him. He was blushing again.
"You know what? You don't have to tell me! It's fine! I mean, my thing to tell you is not important at all!" She got off the bed, and tried to walk out. When she opened the door, Shadow shut it. Maria looked at him. His blush was gone.
"You sure?" Maria sighed. She looked at the ground and nodded. Shadow turned the light back off. The TV was the only thing lighting the room.
"Can you at least stay?" Maria looked back up and smiled.
"Sure," She walked back to Shadow's bed and sat down. Shadow picked up the remote and sat next to her.
"Shadow, like on the ARK, you can lay your head on my lap," informed Maria. Shadow blushed again.
"Uh...okay," He laid down, and then laid his head on her lap. Maria gently rubbed his cheek. Shadow started purring. Maria looked down at him. Shadow smiled nervously. Maria smiled, trying to hold back a laugh.
"I don't mind," Shadow stopped smiling and looked back at the TV screen. A few minutes later, Shadow's purring was louder. Maria looked down again to see him asleep. She giggled quietly. She grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. She laid back, her head landing on a pillow, and went to sleep.

The next morning, Shadow woke up to a very shocking discovery- he was on top of Maria! Nose to nose. Shadow had a great urge to kiss her, but he knew he couldn't. He leaned in closer, but stopped when their lips were a centimeter apart. He forced himself away.
"What am I doing?!" He sighed.
"Maybe...just the cheek?" He shook his head. Then he realized it was Christmas! He gently shook Maria. She woke up.
"Shadow?" Shadow blushed hard.
"Look what happened last night," Maria giggled. Shadow got off of her. Maria sat up.
"It's Christmas!" Shadow nodded. Maria hugged him.
"Merry Christmas, Shadow!" Shadow smiled and hugged her back.
"Merry Christmas," He pulled away.
"Can you tell Amy that I told you?" Maria nodded.
"Sure,"
"Thanks," thanked Shadow. They both got off the bed and walked out. The living room was empty except for Amy...she was placing a gift under the tree. She stood up.
"Merry Christmas you two!" Shadow nodded.
"Too you too,"
"Merry Christmas," replied Maria.
"Did he tell you?" asked Amy, glaring at Shadow.
"Yes, he did," answered Maria.
"So...," said Amy.
"So what? There's nothing to talk about," informed Shadow.
"Your friendships not any different?" asked Amy.
"Why would it be?" asked Maria, looking at Shadow. Amy was half buying it.
"I thought the news would be kinda...shocking...I mean...all those years...and now...,"
"Everything is fine, Amy," replied Shadow, annoyed. Amy smiled.
"So, she's not shocked that you love her?" Shadow blushed hard.
"What?!" asked Maria. She covered her mouth.
"Yeah, I love her as a sister! What else is new?" Shadow asked Amy, keeping his cool. His blush faded. Amy sighed.
"Well, see ya later. I gotta go find Sonic," She walked out. Maria sighed.
"Is what she said true?"
"N-no, how c-could it? I mean, it's too w-weird!" Shadow stuttered.
"She's never gonna by that,"
"Yeah. I think so too," Maria agreed sadly. Shadow noticed she was sad.
"Maria?" Maria shook her head.
"It's nothing," She started to walk off. Shadow grabbed her hand.
"Maria, please,"
"It's no big deal...I like you more than a friend, that's all," replied Maria. Shadow gasped, and then smiled.
"Come here, Maria," Maria looked at him and walked up to him. Shadow hugged her. Maria hugged him back, confused.
"Amy's right...I do love you," informed Shadow. Maria blushed and pulled away.
"Aw, Shadow!" Shadow blushed.
"What do we do now?"
"Well-," Maria got interrupted by screaming. She and Shadow looked at each other, and then ran into the kitchen, where the scream came from. Shadow laughed quietly.
"That's so sweet!" exclaimed Maria.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Me: Cliff hanger!
Sonic: It involves me!
Amy: And me!
Me: And a-
Sonic: SHUT UP!
Amy: You just gave them a clue!
Me: How?
Amy: If it's 'a', the next word starts with a consonant, if it's 'an', the next word starts with a vowel!
Me: YOU just gave them a clue!
Sonic: I still love her. *Hugs Amy*
Amy: *Blushes, giggles, and hugs him back*
Me: I forgot to mention they are best friends and have been going out.
Sonic and Amy: *Start making out*
Me: GET A ROOM!...I own no one, stay tuned for the next chapter!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment