Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Fighting and Snow

This is set in the world of Bionicle and is about my Oc's who are toadragons and who where cast out/exiled by their own kind when they were just young children because they where "runts"

Chapter 1 - Fighting and Snow

Chapter 1 - Fighting and Snow
This is a story in the Bionicle universe on a group of my Oc’s who are Toadragon’s but is set when they are still young
Theodan: Air (youngest)
Ponet: Stone
Kopane: Ice
Nalia: Water
Wren: Earth
Raven: Shadows(younger brother to Tailan as their mother is the same person though their father isn't the same as she was raped by Teridax and fell pregnant with Raven)
Tailan: Light
Cole: Fire (Oldest)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Theo! THEO!”

It was so cold. Winter had come early this time. Snow, mixed with little shards of ice, was falling thickly out of the dark gray clouds. It was very cold for a normal November evening.

But Tailan didn’t care. He wrapped the thick brown cloak tighter around himself. The cloak was way too big for his little ten-year-old frame. It reached down to his knees and sagged on his shoulders covering his wings, but it was warm nonetheless.
Still, it was insane to be out here in this weather

And also, his youngest brother was missing and he needed to find him.

Tailan shivered, but called out again as he walked on past a small cave. However, this time, a small shaky voice answered. “Tailan?”
Tailan immediately turned and rushed into the small cave. “Theo! theo?”

“Tailan!”

There, in a corner of the small cave, was Theodan. He was huddled up in the small cave so that the snow and ice couldn’t reach him. He, like Tailan, wore a huge cloak as well…

Tailan immediately rushed to him. “You okay?” He asked, falling to his knees next to his brother.

Theodan immediately hugged him, burying his face into the front part of Tailan’s cloak, while bursting into tears. “I’m sorry…” He bawled, hugging his elder brother harder.

Tailan sighed. “It’s okay…” He whispered, hugging his younger brother back.

They sat in silence for a little while, not realizing that the temperature was slowly dropping as it became darker, and that the wind had picked up.

“We’d better get back—“ Tailan started to say, when Theodan winced. “What’s wrong?”

Theo shifted his left ankle a bit, his face showing pain. “My ankle hurts.”

Tailan bit his lip, before scanning the ankle with his eyes. “Doesn’t look broken…maybe you just twisted it?”

Theodan looked away. “’Still hurts.” He pouted.
Tailan heaved a sigh. “I know. We’d better stay put. I can’t carry you…”

Theodan looked up at his elder brother, who was scanning the forest area outside of the cave with his wide, yellow eyes. Theo suddenly felt a pang of guilt. Tailan had just recovered from a flu, and now he was outside in the cold with him.

Tailan noticed his look. “It’s okay.” He said, smiling. “Cole will find us.”

“How?”

“Raven and Ponet went to go get him and the others”

“Oh.”

Another silence, then,

“I bet Rave’s happy I’m gone.”

Tailan looked down at his little brother in surprise. “I don’t think so. He was pretty worried—“

“Yeah right.”

“He was.” Tailan pressed. “We searched all over the forest and the Lair to find you. And he was really worried. We all were.”

Theodan hung his head. “It was Rave’s fault…” He tried in a weak attempt to defend himself.

Tailan just shot him a glare. “You provoked him into the fight, so you have as much of a blame as he does. Plus you ran away.”

“He’s so mean!”

Tailan sighed, cradling his pouting younger brother. “You know Raven He says things he doesn’t mean all the time. You just got to know when to listen and when not to listen.”

Looking down at his little brother, Tailan could tell he was listening, but didn’t really believe him. “When you tease someone, do you necessarily think that what you are saying is the truth?”

Theodan squirmed a bit, before admitting that no, he didn’t really believe that. He just did it to annoy that person.

Tailan nodded. “Raven’s the same. He’s just too hotheaded to think about what he’s saying.”

“He’s still stupid.”

“And so are you.”

Theodan glared playfully at his brother, pouting.

Tailan, however, looked down sternly at his brother. “What were you thinking? Coming out in this weather!”

Theodan shrugged, studying the ground intently. “Don’t know.” He whispered.

“You could’ve gone back to the Lair! Tailan and Nalia would have been there! They could’ve helped you out with your problems!”

“Didn’t think about that.” Theodan admitted, still staring at the ground.

Tailan heaved a sigh. “It was still pretty stupid.” He remarked in a lighter tone.

“’M sorry.” Theodan whispered.

“It’s okay.”

There was another silence, this one a bit longer. Then, Theodan shivered. “’t’s cold!”

“I know.” Tailan whispered, before wrapping Theodan in his cloak. It was big enough for the two of them. “Better?”
Theodan nodded, his shivering slowly ceasing.

Another silence settled, the only noise being the howl of the wind and the ice falling with the snow. Then, they both heard snow steadily
crunching.

They both froze, knowing that someone was coming. Tailan quickly wrapped the cloak around them to hide themselves as much as they could, and they both waited shivering with both cold and fear.

They were too cold and tired to recognize the footsteps. But the footsteps slowly passed them by without stopping. They both relaxed.

Theodan suddenly yawned. “M’sleepy.” He slurred, his eyes closing slowly.

Tailan shook him awake. “Don’t fall asleep!” He said, but yawned as soon as he said that.

“Why not?” Theo demanded.

“Because if you fall asleep—“ Tailan yawned again, “you’ll freeze…”

But theodan had already closed his eyes. “t’s not cold…” He mumbled sleepily, before falling silent.

Tailan coughed a little, struggling to keep awake. For some reason, he wasn’t cold either.
The same footsteps were back. They seemed to be hurrying back to towards them.

But Tailan didn’t care. He had already closed his eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They were completely silent as they sat waiting. Neither one of them were doing anything. They just sat and stared at the outh of the large cave they used as their home for the moment.
Cole had told them to stay here with Nalia and Wren before he rushed off to look for their brothers with Kopane.

Ponet glanced at the clock. “It’s been three hours…” He whispered. The silence was so overwhelming that he felt the immense urge to whisper.

Raven didn’t answer. He just drew his knees up and rested his chin on them ears drooped.

Ponet glanced at him before heaving a sigh.

Just then, they heard hurried footsteps and then Cole stepped in, wearing a thin cloak, which was white with snow. His scales had also gone white with the snow on them and weren’t their usual ruby red and yellow. He held a bundle of brown in his arms as Kopane came in carrying a smaller bundle, which Ponet and Raven both recognized as Theodan and Tailan bundled up in their cloaks. They seemed to be almost frozen, their breathing very shallow.

“Ponet, fill the tub with hot water and bring me the first aid kit.” Cole ordered. “Raven, turn on the heater and bring as many blankets as you can.”

Both toadragon’s rushed off, knowing that there was no place for arguments, not that they really wanted to.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Theo groaned as he woke up. He was warmer than he had ever been in his whole life! He blearily looked around, not really recognizing where he was. All he knew that he was lying on something warm and soft. Also, he was lying next to a small yellow body.
Theodan yawned, not really realizing whom it was, nor where he was. He lay his head back down onto the soft surface, before falling asleep again.

This time, when he opened his eyes, Theodan recognized where he was. He blinked as he sat up and looked around in surprise. How’d he get into the Lair?

He was lying on Cole bed near the fire in the middle of the cave next to Tailan.

Just then, Cole walked over to him. He smiled warmly at his youngest brother, who stared up at him with wide, green eyes.

“How are you?”

Theodan thought for a minute. “m’kay.” He said, before kicking off the many blankets with his right foot. His left was bandaged tightly, but it still hurt. “’it’s hot.” He complained.

Cole chuckled as he stopped Theodan from kicking all the blankets off. “You are still not well, but I think you are better now.”

Theo nodded slightly, but then his eyes caught a small curled up form beside him. “Tail?”

Cole quickly shushed him. “He is still asleep, brother”

“Is he okay?”

Cole hesitated before nodding. “I believe so. Although he has yet to wake up.”

Theodan stared at him with wide eyes, before smiling. “He’s Tailan. He’s gonna be okay.” He said in an all-knowing tone as Cole chuckled slightly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Raven poked his head into Theodan’s room(As the cave was a entrance to a load of catacomb like rooms that each of the young toadragons had taken one each as their own room) to see Theodan sitting up in bed, playing with a small wooden toy.

Raven quickly drew his head back, before taking a deep breath and walking in.

Theodan looked up as his older brother came in, carrying a bowl of soup. He grinned. “FOOD!” He loved food.

Raven smirked as he handed the bowl to Theo, who eagerly took it and began to wolf it down. “You okay?”

Theodan looked up at him, soup dripping from his mouth. Swallowing the soup, he nodded. “M’fine.”

Raven nodded, before blurting out something that had gnawed at him since three days ago when Theodan had ran away and had caused him to volunteer to bring Theo the food. “I’m sorry!”

Theo blinked before grinning. “It’s okay. I’m not angry anymore.”

Rave winced. “But you coulda froze!”

Theodan kept on grinning. “I know. I jus’ wasn’t thinkin’. It wasn’t your fault I almost froze.”

Raven raised an eyebrow. “You talked to Tailan?”

Theodan giggled. “Yep.” Then he looked worried. “Is he okay?”

Raven looked away. “He woke up once since Cole brought you guys’ home. But--”

Theodan’s eyes widened.

Raven sighed. “And he’s pretty ill again. He isn’t recognizing anythin’. Cole’s with him right now, tryin’ to bring down his temperature.”

Theo looked down at the covers. He felt guilt gnawing at him. If he hadn’t ran away…If he hadn’t ran away blindly in any direction…If he hadn’t ran outside…then Tailan would be okay…

He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at Raven.

“It’ll be okay. Tailan’ll make it through. He always does.” Raven said softly[font="][/font]

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

Tailan sat on his bed, leaning against the cool wall. A red toadragon had come in and told him not to do that, but only succeeded in completely freaking him out. He silently wondered where he was and why he was here. Something inside was telling him that he knew this place and everything was so familiar…but he couldn’t quite remember it.

The door slid open and Tailan expected the red toadragon again, but instead a smaller green toadragon stepped in. The young green toadragon was pretty pale and looked a bit weak.

“Tail?” It asked, looking a bit worried.

Tailan blinked lazily. Tail? Who was this Tail? Was it his name?

When he didn’t respond, the green toadragon bit its lip. “Do you know me?”

Tailan didn’t respond, only just stared at him blankly.

“M’name’s Theodan. Remember?”

Theodan…

That name seemed to ring a bell for him. But he still couldn’t quite put his finger on it…

The door once again slid open but this time, the red toadragon stepped in.

The green toadragon looked a little embarrassed to be caught here. As if he wasn’t supposed to be here…

“Theo…” A pause.

Tailan blinked. Theo? What kind of name was that?

“What are you doing out of bed?”

The younger toadragon flushed. “Sorry, brother. Jus’ checkin’ up on Tailan.” He shot him a worried look. “Is he gonna be okay?”

The red toadragon smiled before leading the younger outside.

Tailan watched them go, before yawning. He slowly nestled on top of the covers, not bothering to drape them over himself. He fell into a deep sleep immediately.

Outside, Theodan looked worriedly after Tailan as the door slowly slid shut.

“He will be fine. His temperature is very high, and that is why he does not recognize us.” Cole explained.

“How high?”

“The temperature?” Cole asked, getting a nod as the answer. He sighed. “Over a hundred.”

Theodan winced. “Can’t we do somethin’?”
[font="][/font]
Cole shook his head. “If we were “normal” like the rest of our kind think we should be, I would have taken him to a hospital. But we are not. Therefore we just have to wait.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A week had passed, and Tailan began to show signs of recovery. His temperature, for once, was slowly dropping.

He also began to recognize them. He recognized Theodan first though, to everyone’s surprise.

Tailan shifted uncomfortably in his bed. He was well enough to be in his room now, but he wasn’t allowed to get up from it, save for going to the bathroom.

It was night now, and the whole Lair was silent--

“Tail?”

Tailan jumped. He hadn’t heard the door open. How weird. “Theo?”

“Yeah.”

Theodan quickly stepped in, closing the door behind him. Then he quickly scampered over to Tailan, before climbing onto his bed.
Tailan shifted over a bit, before looking questioningly at his brother. “What’s up?”

“Sorry.”

Tailan blinked. “What for?”

Theo flushed. “I shouldn’t have run away. I made you sick—“He began to say in a rushed tone, when he was cut off by Tailan laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Theodan asked, a bit angry. He was trying to apologize, damn it!

“You.” Tailan said, his laughter slowly subsiding. “It wasn’t your fault!”

“But—“

“Jeez, Theo! When will you get it! I chose to come after you. So technically I made myself sick.”

“But you wouldn’t have made that choice if—“

“Theo, it doesn’t matter. What happened happened. We could sit here all night and day arguing, but I think we should just forget it. So what if I got sick? I’m better now. We’re both better. And you and Raven made up, right?”

Theodan slowly nodded.

“There. You see? All’s fine. Let’s just forget it. We both did stupid things, but it turned out okay, didn’t it?”

Again, Theo nodded, this time a small smile playing on his face.

Tailan grinned at him before yawning suddenly. “Right now, I think we should just go to bed…”

“Can I stay here?”

Tailan blinked at the suddenness of the question, but nodded anyways. “Sure.”

Theodan grinned before quickly diving under the covers. “Night!”

Tailan, too, snuggled under the covers. “Night.”

And they both fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment