Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Mouse

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 1 - Mouse

Chapter 1 - Mouse
''And why should I take you across to Rolas?'' Virus grumbled through a mouthful of sandwich
''Because,'' The small, dishevvled looking rodant said. ''Roofio will have my hide if he finds me!'' He squeeked.
Virus looked up at him. The restaurant was beginning to fill up with the lunch time rush. He watched the mouse fidget in his chair, beady yellow eyes constantly scanning his surroundings.
''What makes you think that I won't staple you hide to the wall instead?'' He said wryly.
The rodant looked horrified. He paused a moment, then rummaged about in his pockets and dumped a small, red velvet bag on the table infront of Virus. He put his lunch down and gingerly peered into the bag.
''Mouse...'' He said slowly, as he pulled out a couple of coloured gems. ''Where did you get these?!'' He hissed quietly, quickly tucking them away, back out of sight.
''Consider this payment for last time. And for this time...'' He paused, seeing the strange on the reptile's face. ''They're real, honest.'' Mouse grinned.
Virus didn't need to know whether the gems were real or not, he just wanted to get rid of Mouse before he got dragged into whatever trouble he had gotten himself into this time.
''Fine. I'll fly you Rolas, drop you off on the outskirts and then you're on your own.'' He crammed the rest of his sandwich into his mouth, stuffed the gems out of sight and pulled his goggles and mask from his coat pocket.
He could get the gems checked later, and if they turned out to be fake, he could do a bit of Mouse in his spare time.

Mouse clambered onto the pillion behind Virus and braced himself for the inevitable. He hated heights, but he'd rather be battered by the incomming rain, rather than be battered by Roofio's Mob.
Virus pulled his goggles and mask over his face and kicked his bike into life. The engine roared, startling the people around him including the nervous Mouse. Before long, they were in the small band of country side that surrounded the sky city Hoomb. He opened the throttle on a narrow, disused dirt track that ended in thin air where the land had been eroded away by years of weathering.
Mouse tightened his grip around the reptile's thin waist as the bike was sent over the edge. He squeeked in dismay and surprise as Virus opened the wings and forced the sky bike to go quicker, making the engine whine horribly as the two after-burners flared into life, either side of Mouse. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried to think his 'happy thoughts' as the rushing wind battered him.
''Hope you're not gonna be sick down my back!'' Shouted Virus over his shoulder.
Mouse's words were torn from his mouth by the wind and were lost in the distance, never to be heard by anyone.
The clouds started getting darker as the sky city of Rolas came into view. Mouse chanced a glance at the ground far below them and instantly wished he hadn't done so. He felt Virus speed up as the rain started spattering them, sending cold chills down their spines. It quickly got heavier, slamming down on tha beaten looking sky bike and it's riders.

They came in low across the Rolas green belt as the rain continued to pound down on them. Virus brought the wings back in before landing on an old farm track, spraying mud everywhere. He pulled over to the side of the track in the pouring rain.
''You're on your own from here. Now scram, I have deliveries to run.''
Mouse slid off the back of the bike, gratefull the after-burners had fizzled out when the wings were retracted and watched mournfully as Virus took to the skies again, leaving him on his own.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment