Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Special Delivery

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 2 - Special Delivery

Chapter 2 - Special Delivery
Virus' next destination was the sky city of Nort. It was the smallest city floating above Klaxis, but also the richest.
The rain was getting lighter as the clouds around him thinned out. He was looking forward to this delivery because not only was it his last, but he also admired the the woman it was going to, not only for her eerie beauty, but also for her knowledge on ancient magics and technologies. Virus was yanked out of his thoughts by a distant humming. He looked about himself and saw nothing but blue sky with the odd cloud dotted here and there. His radar wasn't picking anything up either and he was sure that he wasn't hearing things, even over the sound of the wind and his sky bike.
The noise grew louder and he noticed a small dot in the distance. It was too small to be a passenger ship and whatever kept the sky cities afloat made no sound either.
Then he recognised the dot. It was another sky bike and the rider seemed intent on Virus.
He readied the two small plasma guns that he'd fixed to his bike after getting fed up by sky pirates.
The other bike was closing in fast and he braced himself for a confrontation.
He banked sharply as a single shot whipped past between his horns singing his scruff of blue hair slightly, and he circled around to get a better look at his assailant. Virus snarled angrily when he saw the other was Randal.
He was one of Roofio's underlings and was always making random attacks on Virus, even when he was on a delivery. But just recently, the attacks had been getting more and more frequent.
Another shot whipped past him, just barely missing the wing of his bike. Even under his mask and goggles, Virus knew that Randal was grinning evilly. He sent one of his double shots at Randal and cursed angrily as he dived sharply, avoiding the shots.
The two wheeled about each other in a sharp bank at close quarters, trying to knock one another off their bikes. Then Randal suddenly vanished from sight and reapeared on the otherside of Virus, taking him by surprise and nearly knocking him off his sky bike.
He whooped in excitement and was caught off guard off guard as Virus regained his balance and pulled out his blaster, shooting his oppenent off his bike.
Virus banked sharply out off the un-manned sky bike's way as it spun towards the ground below, following Randal and vanished in a puff of fiery smoke in a green field. He didn't really care if Randal had survived the laser shot to his side and the fall like he had done so many times before, all Roofio used him for, was for his piloting and air combat skills, which Virus could easily match or even out do.
''Bastard.'' He mumbled to himself as he resumed his course.

Finally the sky city of Nort came into view and Virus started looking for a place to land. He found an empty street just inside the city's green belt and landed. He rode into the city, gaining a few odd looks from the older citizens and some admiring looks from the teenagers and children.
He turned onto a tidy, tree lined street with large houses and expensive looking vehichles. At the end of the street he pulled into an empty drive way and pulled out a small parcel from underneath his seat and walked upto the front door, pulling off his mask and goggles.
Almost as soon as Virus rang the bell, the door opened revealing a short, stout feline, her thick blue fur spatter with black. She brushed her thick, black curls away from her face and smiled.
''Virus! I wasn't expecting to see you for another couple of days!'' She beamed.,
''I got my other deliveris done early, so I thought I might as well get this one done too, so I can have a few days off and do my own thing.''
She invited him in and walked into the large living room, her thin, red silken dress flowing gracefully as she went. Virus had never been into Christine's living room and was taken back by the amount of strange, exotic ornaments.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment