Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Rammorahs

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 3 - Rammorahs

Chapter 3 - Rammorahs
Tribal and ceremonial masks and weapons lined the walls and small trinkets and statuettes were sat on ornamental tables, carefully placed around the spacious room.
Christine asked Virus if he wanted to sit down, and he took up her offer gratefully and sank down into the large, brown leather chair, thankfull for a comfortable seat instead of the worn, padded saddle of his sky bike. He turned down the drink she offered him, not wanting to dampen his senses even a little bit, knowing that Roofio had probably become suspicious of Randal's sudden dissappearance.
He watched the feline as she hastily opened the package and leaned forward slightly as she pulled out a crystal the size of a man's fist. It was a pale watery blue and had a dull shine to it.
''Rammorahs...'' She gasped as she turned it around in her hands slowly.
''Ramm - what, sorry?'' Virus asked curiously.
''Rammorahs,'' She said looking at the strange reptile. ''According to some ancient texts, this crystal is the heart of a long lost city called Noxar.''
Virus had heard the name before, but couldn't remember where. Then it came to him.
When he first met Mouse, he'd mentioned something about a forgotten, ancient city.
''Noxar? I thought that was a myth.''
Christine just grinned at the puzzled reptile.
''If it is, then someone, somewhere, is lying and doing a mighty fine job of it too.'' She placed the crystal back in the pouch in came in. ''Only problem is, that's all I know. That's actually all anybody knows. And the good ex - president, Lord Klarr of Hoomb is after it for himself. And apparently, he knows what it's for, but isn't telling anyone.
''I left Hoomb this morning with Mouse, and I haven't heard anything about it.
''I'm not surprised. He tends to keep these things to himself. And the reason I know this, is because my brother works for Klarr.'' She said frankly.
''Unfortunately,'' Christine continued. ''If this crystal really does contain powerfull magic, or whatever, and Lord Klarr is after it for himself then he'll stop at nothing to get it.'' She downed her brandy and leaned back in her chair.
Virus thought for a minute. That could have been one of the reasons why Randal confronted him today. Lord Klarr had probably made some kind of contract with the mobster Roofio to stop all deliveries they could in a bid to find Rammorahs. But why he wanted the crystal still remained as much a mystery as what the crystal could actually do.
Then Virus thought of Mouse. That damned rodant knows something about this. He thought.
''I know someone who might have an idea of why Klarr wants the crystal.'' He said, standing up.
Christine looked at Virus with growing interest.
''Oh?'' She walked over to him. ''If you find out, it'd save us all alot of trouble.'' She kissed him gently and he left the house, blushing slightly.

Once he was back in the air and heading toward the sky city, Rolas, he started thinking about why Mouse was hiding and whereabouts in the city he'd be.
He was suprised to find that he hadn't been followed or harassed by anyone. He landed on the same track as before and headed into the industrialized city to look for the elusive Mouse. It took him almost a week of non - stop asking questions and searching old buildings, and was somewhat relieved to find him hiding out in the basement of an old paint factory.
Mouse was as equally relieved to see Virus, but his relief quickly subsided when the reptile started to question him about why he was hiding and why Lord Klarr was after some ''Supposedly powerful crystal.''.
''All I know is that Lord Klarr made some kind of arrangment with Roofio so he can get back his precidency over the sky city of Hoomb by using it's magic, assuming it is magical or even the real deal.'' Mouse said, as he picked at his cold pot of noodles in the corner of the shadowy basement.
Virus fidgeted, starting to feel uncomfortable in the small, dingy environment. Mouse looked at him, curious of the hybrid's growing discomfort.
''Problem...?'' Mouse queried cautiously.
''I'm not good with these kinds of environments.'' He shivered as an ice cold chill ran along the length of his spine.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment