Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Familiar Faces

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 4 - Familiar Faces

Chapter 4 - Familiar Faces
Feeling relatively satisfied with what Mouse had told him, Virus flew back to Nort.
He told Christine what Mouse had told him and she looked concerned.
''We need to hide the crystal.'' She said, almost emotionless.
''But where? Roofio has contacts practically everywhere.''
''Well,'' She said. ''I gave up my adventuring years ago, mainly under the strict instructions from my husband. And as much as I'd like to go and search for this lost city of Noxar myself, my age is beginning to catch up with me.'' She smiled, eyeing Virus up.
''Wait... You want me to go and look for this city?''
Her smile broadened as she walked across the living room towards him.
''Okay... And what am I supposed to do once I've found this city? Assuming I ever do.''
''Take Rammorahs with you and put it in it's rightful place. And I'll even pay you. If you succeed.'' She said, handing the crystal to him. ''Even you must have your own contacts, what with all your travelling you do and your mysterious past.''

It'd been two days since Christine had asked him to look for the lost city of Noxar and he'd been to near enough every museum and library he could think of, but finding nothing more than what he already knew. He had no idea of where to start looking for the city. Though something Christine had said did give him an idea of who to ask.
Virus stood up in the long grass, and stretched, deeply breathing in the scent of the field he'd landed in. He mounted his bike and rode it hard across the lumpy terrain, with Nort high above him, it's tallest building's shrouded in dark clouds. He took off on the crest of a small hill and headed for the Saphire Ocean, where he knew there was a warp stone.
Before he could gain any real height, two sky bikes came down on him from above. He banked sharply as two shots whipped past him, just barely missing his right wing.
''frack!'' he hissed angrily through his mask.
He opened his throttle and pulled up, climbing as quickly as he could for more height. He leveled off at about fifteen hundred feet and wheeled around, readying his guns as the other two sky bikes came back toward him, unwavering in their course.
He recognised one of them as Randal. Virus had no idea how he survived being shot off his bike during their last confrontation in the clouds. He didn't recognise the other biker.
He took aim on the unknown biker and was almost taken out himself as Randal excellorated close past him, long metal bar in hand, taking the reptile by surprise.
The unknown biker came at him hard, as Randal orbited them both at a distance, watching.
Virus let off two shots, hitting the unkown biker sky bike hard and veering away as quick as he could, trying not to get caught up in the explosion. He heard Randal's angry scream as he saw his partner and his sky bike plummet down to the grassy plains below in flames.
Randal came at Virus from the side and and rolled close above his head, swinging at him with the long bar as he went, just barely missing. Virus ducked the attack and came back around as Randal righted his roll, and let off two more shots, sending him back down towards the surface of the planet once again, his bike trailing smoke as he went.

Before long he was where he wanted to be. On a small, isolated island just off the coast of the Nort Province in the Saphire Ocean.
He landed and left his bike hidden some bushes on the outskirts of the small island's jungle, and started through the trees, towards where the warp stone ruins were.
He was almost there when he saw something emerge from the trees that made his stomach turn.
Doctor Rowan Allsopp.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment