Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Blasts From The Past

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 5 - Blasts From The Past

Chapter 5 - Blasts From The Past
Rowan stood looking at the green and blue reptile in amazement.
Virus eyed up the human cautiously, his clothes grass and mud stained, his long brown, grey streaked hair tied back in a tail with a worn back pack slung over his shoulder.
''What're you doing here?'' Virus grunted through his mask.
''I was about to ask you the same question.''
The two men stood a few meters opposite one another, watching the other carefully.
''I'm here doing some research on this little island.'' Rowan continued. '' And no, it's nothing to do with the Prytchard Facility. After the deaths of Professor Hill, Doctor Smith and Sergeant Brown, General Har'mak had the facilty shut down, and soon called off the search for you, Shadow and Spink. So, with nothing to left do, I caught a ship off planet and ended up here on Klaxis doing some research of my own.''
Virus took a step forward. ''How come then, I haven't heard anything about a lone human?''
''Because I've been on this little island for the past three years I've been on this planet, studying these ruins.''
''Oh?'' Virus said curiously, already fully aware of what the ruins where and what they housed when they still stood.
''So what happened to you after the incident at the facility?'' Rowan pried, glancing at Virus' broken horn.
''I planet hopped with Spink for a while then put my piloting skills to some kind of use and took up sky biking here, making deliveries and running other jobs from city to city. Now, if you'll excuse me,'' He said hurridly. ''I some some business to attend to.''
He brushed past Rowan, almost knocking the man off his feet with his spiney, whip - like tail as he trudged past.
''What's your business here anyway?'' Rowan said, trying to keep up with him as he strided through the thick undergrowth of the jungle.
''If you really must know: I'm gonna make an off planet trip to see an old friend of mine.''
Rowan stumbled into a small clearing behind Virus and looked around at the crumbling , carved stone work that was slowly being reclaimed by nature. Virus walked towards the center of the clearing to a large dias with a web of vines sprawled across it as if to protect the stone.
''How come I've never seen this place before...?'' Gasped the scientist as he slowly ventured further into the ruins.
''Maybe you're losing your hunting skills.'' Virus grunted, pulling some vines off the face of the dias, revealing a beautiful, complicated pattern carved into it's surface.
''This one doesn't go into your notes, kay?'' He said as he checked his coat pockets.
Satisfied that he hadn't lost the crystal, Rammorahs, he climbed onto the warp stone. He closed his eyes and concentrated as a light breeze picked up around him. Rowan watched in stunned silence as the stone emitted a white light around Virus. Small blue orbs spiralled up around him before completely vanishing into nothingness along with the reptile, leaving Rowan wide eyed and gaping.

He reappeared on an identical warp stone, but in a completely different environment.
He was now on board the space station that sereved as the Shadow Stalkers' off planet base. He stepped off the warp stone and onto the thinly carpeted floor of the small room. Sat behind a computer - cluttered desk was a small, female red squirrel in coal grey and blue uniform, talking into a headset whilst giving Virus a suspicious look over the monitor she was sat behind.
Then a grey and white Husky entered the room. He was wearing the markings of a Captain on his black and red uniform, and Virus recognised him almost instantly. Captain Reed Murc.
Virus pulled off his mask and goggles as Murc approached, slight amusement sparkled in his misty blue eyes.
''And what are you doing here?'' He asked slowly.
''I don't s' pose it'd kill you if I could have a word with Shadow Ironclaw, would it?''
Captain Murc grunted and walked back out into the corridoor with Virus following closely behind. After ten minutes of waht started to seem like endless walking, Murc stopped him at the end of another corridoor that looked identical to the ones he'd just walked down.
''It's the door on the right at the bottom of this hall.'' He turned sharply and vanished through the door to the bridge.
Virus entered the room that Murc had pointed out to him and found himself surrounded by low desks lined with computers and several large book shelves, all of which were stuffed with various bits of information collected throughout years and years of exploring and researching different planets. Then he saw who he was looking for.
A dark blue female dragon with dark yellow markings in a lose black and green uniform was flicking through some old books. When she looked up at him, he noticed her left eye was scarred.
''And what happened to you?'' He said, making a small gesture to her left eye.
''Got into a bit of an argument on the job a few years back. You?'' She said, grinning broadly.
''Same. Um... I don't s' pose you-''
''- Could find out anything about Rammorahs.'' She cut in, finishing his sentence.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment