Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Sunken City

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 6 - Sunken City

Chapter 6 - Sunken City
Virus looked at Shadow curiously.
''How did you know what I was gonna say?''
Shadow grinned again.
''One of the two resident psychics told me.'' She nodded towards the door as a tall, armour clad white tiger left the library.
She grabbed a large leather bound book off a shelf and took it over to a table and sat down, flicking through the ageing pages. She stopped and spun the book around on the polished surface and pointed to a detailed hand drawn picture of a crystal in a small, delicate cage that seemed to be hanging from something out of view.
''I'm assuming this is Rammorahs.''
Virus pulled the pouch the crystal was in out of one of his inside coat pockets and compared the light blue crstal to the black and white one on the yellowing paper.
''Definately Rammorahs. Know what it does?'' He said, eyeing up the strange text on the page opposite.
The dragon flipped the book back round and examined the page's contents for a few minutes whilst Virus peered out of the window they where sat next to, and at the planet Nuam, where the Shadow Stalkers' main base and HQ was hidden amongst the forest of huge red and black Glexis trees.
''Ah!'' Shadow said, startling Virus. ''Basically, Rammorahs is the main power source of the sunken city, Noxar.''
''Sunken?'' He said wide eyed.
''I can't figured out how to pronounce this bloody word, but I do know that it translates to 'Saphire'. And the next word's 'Ocean'. So, apparently, Noxar's somewhere in the Saphire Ocean.'' She shrugged.
''I know about cities in the sky, but not cities in the water.''
''Well, you can breathe under water without the aid of your mask, but if you really don't wanna make the last leg of this journey alone, you could always go ask Chaz. He's got four more weeks off and is doing his fracking nut in because he has nothing to do. That, and if he agrees, you've got the extra added bonus of the fact that he was born on, and spent a good portion of his life on Corso.'' She looked at the reptile's confused face. ''Corso's mainly water and the majority of the population live on boats and floating towns and villages.'' She finished.

The pair continued talking - Virus asking most of the questions and Shadow answering them as best she could - for another hour.
They both walked back to the warp room, talking about anything and everything they could think of.
''Wait... Doctor Rowan Allsopp?!'' Shadow made a face, forcing a childish giggle from Virus.
''Apparently he's researching the ruins of the small warp temple on Klaxis. I told him not to mention the warp stone in his notes incase he had the urge to try and re-establish the Prytchard Facilty.''

The Red Squirrel was still at her post behind a mass of monitors when they entered the warp room, and she watched as Virus climbed onto the dias.
''Remember where the crystal goes, right?'' Shadow said as Virus fidgeted.
''Yes. And I remember where to find Chester too.'' He smiled.
Again the white light and blue orbs swallowed him and he reappeared on another warpstone inside the base a hollowed out tree. He climbed up the tall ladder, cursing his lack of biological wings.
When he reached the top, he stood, looking around himself at the massive black trunked Glexis trees of the Shadow forest, the fading sun light streaking through the high, blood red canopy that sheltered the forest below from the harsh weather Nuam suffered from. He made his way across the various bridges that linked the huge trees and up the several ladders that allowed the wingless residents of the hidden tree top town to navigate and move about with ease.
He walked into the tree bound bar and ducked instantly as a glass narrowly missed his head, shattering against the dark wall behind him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment