Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Death From Above

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 8 - Death From Above

Chapter 8 - Death From Above
Laser shots rained down around them, some of the shots ricocheing off the small metal boat. Virus and Chester pulled their blasters out and returned fire, only injuring a few and killing one.
Virus felt something firmly grip his wrist and was about to lash out when he realised it was Chester, his eyes glowing white.
''Ready to hitch a ride?'' He smiled deviously.
He pulled the startled reptile down into one of the shadows that were skittering across the deck of the boat and landed behind the owner of the shadow, knocking him off his bike into the ocean below.
''Next time, gimme a fracking warning before you do anything like that!'' Virus growled loudly, gaining his grip on the sky bike as Chester banked sharply out of the way of another sky bike, making it collide with the one that was chasing them. Virus watched as the two bikes became entangled and plummeted in flames, into the ocean below taking their riders with them. He pulled his goggles down and pulled his mask over Chester's face, making the vampire flinch.
Virus took aim on the bike comming at them from below and shot it's rider in the face, the powerful shot decapitating him, forcing the bike to fall short of it's intended target and landing in the ocean.
They managed to take out most of the sky bikes. The remaining four fled back towards the mainland, and Lord Klarr's air ship vanished into the clouds. Chester took the battered sky bike down low and they both bailed as the engines flared into an angry red flame and exploded, mercilessly ripping the bike apart just a few metres away from where they'd landed.
Virus and Chester resurfaced and looked at the still flaming parts of the sky bike that floated on the surface of the Saphire Ocean for a brief few seconds, before sinking into the depths.
''I knew you were a good pilot, but I didn't think you were that good!''
''I'll take that as a compliment.'' Grinned Chester. ''And yes, I still have Rammorahs.''
''Good. Now let's get going. I have a holiday to start.''
They took one last look at the sky before disappearing beneath the surface. They both knew that Lord Klarr's ship was still there, hiding in the clouds, waiting.

They moved further down until the ghostly shapes of of buildings emerged out of the dim light, the windows and doorways gaping, black holes in the murk of the water.
The buildings strecthed into the distance all around them as the lost city of Noxar came into plain view.
A cliff rose to one side of the sunken city with large balconies protruding from it's face, their shell like canopies crumbling away as the coral took over. They cautiously made their way into the carved building, some species of the coral lighting their way with their own eerie glowing light. Various sea life flitted about them, curious of the strange new commers, whilst others just swam away into the darkness in fear.
They stopped at a large circular oppening in the wall in front of them, examining the carvings that surrounded it.
*They look kinda like sharks.* Virus said through his mind, looking at the Shark like people that were carved into the stone.
*Maybe,* Chester said thoughtfully. *They're the one's who built this place and lived here...*
Virus stuck his head cautiously through the opening and into the room opposite.
*Dude! It's dry as a bone in here! And it's massive!!*
He pulled himself through the large circular opening then helped Chester through.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment