Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Final Confrontation

This is the second time I've attempted writing this story. But I finally managed it with some of my already existing characters!! (Apart from Mouse and Roofio and some other characters who're completely new. >.> )

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 9 - Final Confrontation

Chapter 9 - Final Confrontation
They stood in front of the large circular opening they came through, the water shimmering behind them, being held back by an invisible force.
Chester pulled the face mask off and as soon as his paw touched the top step, torches all around the chamber burst into white flame, illuminating the large, domed space.
''Bugger me...'' Virus said quietly, seeing the intricately carved masonry.
Chester pulled Rammorahs out of his pocket and the crystal started glowing brightly.
''I think that's where it's supposed to go.'' Virus said, pointing to a small, golden cage that was hanging at head height from the domed roof by a chain.
They turned around to the sound of lazy clapping and saw a Porcupine and an Alsation wearing diving suits.
''Well done, Mr. Morgan.'' Said the Porcupine as he pulled off his own face mask. ''Even though you've managed to piss Roofio off to no end by destroying a large portion of his forces,'' He gestured to the angry looking Alsation. ''You still managed to keep Rammorahs safe for me, even under heavy fire.'' He smiled.
''For you? What amkes you think I'm gonna hand it over to you, you pompouse git!'' The reptile snarled.
''That's no way to speak to your beloved Lord, now, is it?'' Klarr said, faking hurt feelings.
Chester threw the crystal to Virus, who ducked out of the way as Klarr lunged toward the Doberman, his ribs cracking as chester countered him, forcing the winding Porcupine to the floor in agony as Virus locked the crystal into the golden cage that hung from the roof.
Roofio pulled out a knife on Chester, taking him by suprise. He yelped as the blade sank into his flesh.
''Consider this a warning: You kill Klarr or you don't hand over the crystal, I'll kill you and your mate, got it?'' He growled.
A smile twisted across the vampire's face and he punched the Alsation in the mouth, sending him to the floor heavily, tripping over Klarr as he struggled to his feet.
Roofio scrambled back to his feet, blood pouring from his nose and looked around him. He didn't pay any attention to the reptile and the porcupine exchanging blows, he was too intent on finding the Doberman.
He snarled in shock and frustration as Chester came at him from behind, shadows swirling about him. Roofio yelped as he felt the Doberman's sharp incisors pierce the skin on his neck, and became unable to free himself from the vampire's deadly grip. He whimpered as he felt his life ebbing away. Chester let him slump to the ground just as he was about to pass out and crouched down next to the heavy eyed, limp Alsation, licking the drop of blood from the side of his maw.
''Consider that a warning.'' He growled quietly.
He looked up and saw that Virus had Klarr by the throat with his whip - like tail, the row of needle sharp spines drawing blood from the Porcupine's neck. He jerked his tail as hard as he could, wrenching Klarr's head from his body in a spray of blood, a look of desperation frozen on his face as his limp body crumpled to the floor.
''That's the most fun I've had in weeks.'' Chester panted happily.

They made sure Rammorahs was secured safely in it's cage before heading back to the surface with an unconsiouse Roofio in tow. Chester hid himself and the other two in the shadow of a cloud until they reached the little island, as their small boat had been sunk.
They handed Roofio over to Rowan to look after until he was fit enough to leave the island and go about his own business and Chester made a hasty exit when the scientist started questioning the small blood staines and twin pin prick sized wounds on the mobster's neck. Virus stayed behind and took Roofio back to the mainland with him and was pleased when no one asked about Lord Klarr's sudden disappearance. They all assumed the man had given up his bid to regain his presidency and gone off somewhere secluded to sulk.
Roofio started rebuilding his empire, but left Virus alone. Christine kept her word and she rewarded him with more than money and he kept a close eye on Rowan, making sure that he wasn't experimenting on the warp stone or had written anything about the reptile's last escapade in his notes, which he was greatful that he didn't. He still held little trust for the man, and was sure that he'd let slip of the stone's where abouts and what it's used for at some point in time.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment