Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Joy Ride

My first ever Transformers fanfic and since the first part seemed to go down well, I decided to continue it into a full story.

Roadtrain (c) Flankfire (of FA)
Transformers (c) Hasbro
Everything else (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 8 - Joy Ride

Chapter 8 - Joy Ride
To say that Krusher was in a foul mood, would belie the actual extent of his current state of mind. His lenses were glowing an avid red, hard and fiery and to look him in his optics, Hookshot feared he might melt. Indentations were left battered in the hard rock ground when he walked, cracks spidering outwards in a distressing pattern.
''Why haven't you fixed the Space Bridge yet!?'' Krusher bellowed angrily.
Hookshot and Steele winced. Roadtrain merely grunted and folded his arms across his chest.
''We're only Constructicons, sir!'' Steele pleaded, nervouseness edging his tone.
''Yeah, we build stuff, like arcitecture and stuff. We don't do programming!'' Hookshot persisted.
Krusher growled something unintelligable and turned to face the large flat screen that hung, embedded into the rock wall.
''Maybe if you hadn't have reduced 'ol Cable Cutter to her component parts, then we wouldn't have this problem, would we?'' Roadtrain grumbled from his point beside Hookshot.

Krusher clenched his behemothic fists, small panels on his right fore arm shifting swiftly, rotating and changing, a small, arm mounted machine gun being unleashed within a matter of nano seconds. The transformed Chinook spun around, right arm swinging upwards, Roadtrain in his crosshairs. But the KAMAZ was expecting a reaction like this. He always did around any air borne capable bots, be they on his side, or not. He slid nimbly to one side, but wasn't quick enough to avoid a few well aimed hot plasma balls as they slammed into his shoulder plating, leaving small, smouldering holse where they'd melted through. The small impact may not have looked all that significant to Hookshot, but Steele being the smaller of the remaining Constructicons, and also the most likely to be shot and beaten no matter what the situation, knew full well how irritating a small shot like that was. Roadtrain removed his hand from his shoulder, gave it a quick visual once over and swore as he fingered one of the three black charred holes in his armour.
''How many times do I have to warn you about your language, Roadtrain?'' Krusher said smoothly as his weapon folded back out of sight. ''Just remember that you aren't as heavily armed or armoured as the rest of us are. The next time, you won't be so lucky.'' He warned and turned back to face the giant screen.
A thick silence fell over the cavernous main chamber. The remaining Decepticons looked at each other.
''Well? Are you going to un-lock the Space Bridge, or what?'' He growled testily without looking over his shoulder.
A few murmers were exchanged and the three moved from the chamber and made their way to the chamber in which the Space Bridge was located.


''Y'know, they're trying to repair the Space Bridge.'' Flashpoint stated bluntly.
''I know.'' Raid replied just as bluntly. ''But Krusher has two Constructicons and a Transport working on it. I don't think any of them is programmed to do such a thing. Successfully, anyway.'' He added.
''And you realise what'll happen if the blockage is removed, right?''
Raid merely nodded. ''Why d'you think I sent Speeder along with him? Deadmetal may like to take his time, but that's when he's working on his own. And right now, we can't afford the patience he's earned himself over the years.''
''So Speeder's primary function of being there is to pester our dear little Hunter into getting a move on?''
A sly grin tilted the corners of Raid's mechanical mouth.
''Of course. And if Krusher comes after us, we aren't exactly low on back-up.''
''Oh..?'' The fire engine prompted slowly.
Raid pushed a couple of buttons and the main screen flickered on. Once the brief moment of static had cleared into a crisp and clean picture, Flashpoint saw the odd looking space shuttle against the backdrop of space, a dull grey planetoid covering half the image behind the machine. Flashpoint focused on the red insignia and orange lettering it bore on it's side. He grinned broadly.
''Galaxy...'' He muttered.
''The one and only.'' Raid conceded, somewhat triumphantly.


Deep green was the colour of the menacing 4x4 that idled at the dark curb. Rain bounced off it's panels in a slow succession of one another; the rain was moving in, and it was going to be a downpour. The engine became silent with a mechanical gurgle and it waited for it's new partner. A small group of furs, two canine, two feline and a female ferret walked out of the park, bottles of alcho-pops in paws, laughing loudly and in general, trying to make themselves look mature, and failing in a somewhat spectacular way. One of the felines, a brown and orange tom, sauntered over to the 4x4, pressing a paw against the right hand side window. He looked down at the driver's seat, then into the back and then at the steering wheel, his yellow, hungry adolescent eyes finally falling onto the ignition. No key. Nobody around but him and his buddies. His mates walked around the car, circling like hungry Vultures. A kick to the rear left tyre, a whistle of what could only pass as leanient admiration.
''Looks like a customised job.'' A Border Collie said as he ran a tentative finger across the deep purple mask insignia on the bonnet.
''Probably. You don't get leathers like this, unless you order straight from the dealership....'' The feline replied as he continued to peer through the tinted glass.
''Could get a fair bit for one 'o these.'' A scruffy Terrier announced. ''Got a mate the next town over who wants one of these.''
''Oh yeah? What's he willing to part with for one?''
''Enough to keep your bit of stuff supplied with all that fake gold she seemes to like.'' He laughed.
''Hey!'' The Ferret whined sourly. ''This ain't fake! This's real carots, this!'' She flicked an over sized hoop earring in protest.
''If he pays up, we split the cash.'' The Panther said.

The bottles of alcho-pops were placed on the floor, once the Ferret's arms were full with what bottles she could carry and a mobile phone as the lads got to work on breaking into the car.
Carjack just sat and did nothing. Infact, he was quite amused at trying to be stolen. It wasn't a first, but terrorising them once they got in, was well worth it. Everyone has a different reaction when it comes to self driving vehicles, especially one's that shouldn't be driving themselves... Something inside the door clicked as the slim-jim hooked onto it and pulled. The indicators flashed as four, whirring clicks sounded out, seemingly louder than an explosion, the indicators brighter than the sun. They paused, frozen in their positions. Eyes swivelled in their sockets. No one around, no one watching. All was well, especially now the central locking had been forced open. The bottles were expelled over the park's outer fence and the large doors swung open silently on finely greased hinges. The smell of new car hit them before they even got in.
''Brand new, un'all!'' The Terrier excalimed.
''Now we just gotta get her running. So shove over!'' The Panther said and climed into the driver's seat.
Her? Carjack growled to himself. Why does everybody call machines her!?
Once everyone had piled in, the doors slammed shut and locked. They all looked at each other, nervouseness etched upon their features.
''What'd you just do, Marky?'' The Terrier asked.
The Panther looked over his shoulder and at his worried friend beside him.
''I thought you did that...''
''I can't slam all four doors at the same time and then lock us all in!'' He whined.

''We better not be stuck in here!'' The Ferret whined.
''Will you shut your face, 'Chelle?'' The Panther snapped.
''Hey! Don't you be having a-go at her!'' The tom cat snapped back angrily.
Before the bickering could get into full-swing, the engine roared into life, the smooth, angry sound filling the dark street, making them all jump. The rain became slightly heavier and the waterfalls that were trickling down the windscreen were wiped away by the smooth movements of the windscreen wipers. The teenagers swore and faught to get out of the vehicle. The doors were jammed, the glass un-breakable, their panic fuelled even more as the handbrake lever snapped downwards and the gear stick moved into first, the clutch pedal dipping again as it shifted into second, the un-manned action repeating until fifth was reached and sixty-five was gained. Sufficient speed to scare any unsuspecting car thieves half out of their minds. The teenagers screamed, paws banging at the windows, gripping the steering wheel and working the brakes. The hand brake refused to come upwards and the brake pedal, as the accelerator and clutch pedals, had a mind of its own. No one was leaving the car. They'd get the car ride of their life time, something the annoyed, yet amused Decepticon would make sure of. A red light went past in a blur, the sound of an angry horn belonging to a heavily loaded lorry fading into the distance. The teenagers screamed even louder at the very near miss. The wing mirror righted itself, pulling itself back into its sockets as the 4x4 continued on, engine roaring angrily as it tore down the main street, sliding sideways around sharp corners, the terrified teenagers trapped inside the rampaging car.

Then it stopped, the suddeness of the stop throwing them forward, making them headbutt the back of the seats and the slick black dashboard. When they regained their wits, they peered up cautiously. The engine noise had been reduced to a low rumbling, allowing the sound of the rain bouncing off the metal sound louder. The headlights, still on full beam, were seemingly focused on a pile of scrap metal. The doors clicked. They'd been unlocked. Carjack's frightened passengers bailed out swiftly, a couple landing in a heap on muddy floor during their bid for freedom. Then they ran. Ran hard, and straight into a solid brick wall. The car doors slammed shut and the 4x4 slowly trundled around and rolled towards them. The sopping wet furs were pressed hard and huddled against the grimey wall of the small dump. A few whimpers were emitted, much to Carjack's enjoyment. He stopped short, a mere foot and a half away. The Ferret gave a short scream and pursude the inner call of survival to hide, partially burying her face in her boyfriend's shoulder, a wide, scared eye peering out at what was unfolding before them. The car was changing. It suddenly grew arms and legs, the panels and windows shifting, moving, sliding, revealing a new shape. It was bipedal, at least sixteen and a half foot tall and sported a sadistic grin on its mechanical face. Carjack leaned down, massive hands braced on his knees as he loomed over the small group. His red lenses focused on them, one after the other. Then he looked at them in general. He opened his mouth.

''Boo!'' He said evenly, but with enough depth and menace in his voice to send them screaming and skittering for sanctuary.
He watched them running for the gate screaming and swearing in utter fear, laughing cruelly as the rain dripped from his alloyed chin. Then, as quick as he transformed, he changed back into his 4x4 and rolled casually out onto the streets once more, having just recieved a query from Spinner-Vox, his fellow run-away Decepticon.


The smaller Decepticon sprinted back across the fields, thick crimson staining his silvery metallic claws. He'd just managed to persuade the top scientist at the laboratory to do his bidding. Now he just neede to re-locate Carjack to set things into full swing. The sooner, the better. He grumbled to himself as he ran, heedless to the sleek monstrosity that was following him from above.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment