Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Blind

My first ever Transformers fanfic and since the first part seemed to go down well, I decided to continue it into a full story.

Roadtrain (c) Flankfire (of FA)
Transformers (c) Hasbro
Everything else (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 15 - Blind

Chapter 15 - Blind
Krusher stood before Raid, a special set of lenses shielding his optics from the damaging glow of the chains that held the two Autobots bound. All Raid could see now, was a tiny black speck in a sea of greys against the backdrop of the purest white imaginable.
''You Autobots can be so stubborn some times.'' Krusher commented. ''Four days you've been here. Surely you're blind by now, hm?''
The Decepticon's tone was calm and collected, conversational even. True, Raid was effectively blind now, but over the few days, he'd learned to interperate the grey shades as shadows of figures, tracking them as they moved. But he was still, unmoving. Weather he'd still be able to interperate the greys blotches when he moved around, was still unknown, as was the current state of the medic's optics. For several hours now, Flashpoint had been silent.
''It's a shame, really.'' Krusher continued. ''Because, since you basically pose very little threat to me now, I'll be bored. Should've given you a pair of these, really. Made things more interesting...'' He said, tapping the specialised lenses lightly.

''You could've just used our ordinary chains instead, boss.'' Steele commented absent mindedly.
Krusher looked across at the Constructicon and growled something. Flashpoint chuckled, the first sound he'd made in a while, taking everyone by surprise.
''But that would mean the bastard reject would have to raise the energy to torture us properly for once.'' The fire engine sneered light heartedly.
Krusher roared and swung a behemothic alloyed fist into the medic's jaw. A metallic crack resonated throughout the chamber. Flashpoint kept his head tilted to the side and his lenses downcast. Out of the corner of his optic, Raid saw a smaller shadow move swiftly across the open expanse of the chamber. He focused his remaining senses on the small figure. It was definately running. He could hear the dirt muffled click, click of small metallic servos slapping aginst the ground in fast succession. And it was getting closer; the trajectory, Raid estimated, was him. He tried listening beyond those small sounds, wondering if there was anything, or anyone, else lurking about, and wondering if Krusher or Steele had noticed the possible intruder.

Something small slammed into Raid's foot and a pair of tiny claws scrabbled against his ankle, fiddling for purchase to ascend, something easier said than done, since Rifle had his optics shut tight, cutting off the blinding light of the bulky chains. Raid looked down carefully, trying not to draw the attention of either of the Decepticons. The figure was clumsily climbing his leg. When his small hand touched upon the first thick ring of many on the chain, Krusher chose that moment to inspect why Raid had suddenly decided to look at his own leg. A large gun was unleashed and shots fired. The rounds skittered past Rifle's back, scorching black marks in his armour and melting it slightly. Rifle swore in pain and felt panic rising up within him, threatening to take over all rational thought processes. Seeing that he'd missed the tiny Autobot infiltrator, Krusher surged forward, massive hand outstretched, ready to seize the battered form of Rifle when a terrible scream set him off balance. Steele had been floored like a rag doll by a tall and bulky dark green and vivid orange marked figure. Krusher's hand swung toward Rifle and tore the robot from Raid, smothering him in a mass of cold metal.

He could feel Rifle's feeble attempts at escape, small stings and tiny thumps against his palm as the Autobot tried to escape. The grip was tightened and all effort from within ceased with a horrible sound of buckling metal and a muffled electronic shriek to make even the most seasoned warrior shiver coldly. Krusher turned slowly, drawing himself up to full height, facing Galaxy, who also drew herself up to her full height. She still towered over him.
''I'm assuming this piece of scrap belongs to you?'' She said cooly, kicking the badly damaged Steele who lay unmoving at her feet, whilst trying to ignore his still balled fist.
Krusher merely snorted.
''As does this, to you.'' He replied and stretched his arm out infront of him before releasing Rifle, who fell awkwardly to the ground.
Galaxy sniffed at the gesture, trying to ignore the fact that her long-time partner had just been killed. Krusher grinned cruelly.
''I take it you weren't all that close to the little intel officer, hm?'' He queried politely. ''Or were you?''

He took a small step forward and his massive foot landed heavily on the still form of Rifle. With a twist, Krusher ground Rifle's remains into the ground like a finished cigarette. Galaxy growled. She'd been working with Rifle for many, many years up until now. In truth, she liked the little Autobot, even if his curiosity and other distinct quirks had a tendancy to irritate her beyond belief. And now he was gone. Ground into scrap metal by someone she used to admire a long, long time ago, before the war between the two factions started. Another smile from Krusher. Galaxy took a quick glance over at Raid and Flashpoint, and the torn panels of their armour. Some pieces were even lay at their feet, on the floor. Her optics focused on Krusher's.
''I'm gonna grind you into dust, you waste of Spark!'' She roared angrily and charged at him.
Krusher ducked out of the way, but his movements were'nt fast enough. She'd anticipated his reaction and a large wing split in two, swinging out and cracking his jaw. The momentum of the moment swung his feet out from beneath him and he landed on his back, twin rotar blades sprawled. She spun instantly, rage fueling her once slow reaction time, renewing her energy to slam a large fist into his shoulder, buckling the muzzle of the cannon that had emerged there.

Krusher howled and rolled to the side, comming neatly to his feet, deftly avoiding another blow. Another swing from Galaxy and another evasion from Krusher.
''Come'ere, ya little cretin, so's I can mash you into a tiny cube!'' She roared, her lenses flaring a violent blue as she spun on him once more.
Her next attack was countered before it was even launched. Krusher's fist landed heavily against the weaker armour on the side of her waist, leaving a horrible dent. Powerful shots then tore across her body, starting at her left hip and finishing at her right shoulder, leaving a smouldering, blackened trail of heated plasma residue. She stumbled backward several paces and unleashed her own weaponry in swift retalliation. A few missiles shot forth from the vicinity of her left shoulder as did her own barrage of plasma shots, knocking the transformed Chinook off his feet.
''When was the last time you really fought, Krusher?'' She snarled, not pleased with his performance.
Krusher grunted something from the floor. The missiles and plasma shots seemed to have made contact in all the wrong places.

''Seems to me that you're getting weaker in your old age.'' She continued as she approached him, weapons still on show and smoking, ready to fire once more. She stood over him and glared down. ''Because the last time I saw you, you were stood, triumphant in a sick way, over the badly mangled bodies of an elite squad of Autobots. What's the matter Krusher? Don't you have the bolts to do anything like that anymore? Is that why your high commander put you in charge of a pair of bumbling Constructicons and a Transport who would more than likely jump at the chance to rip the Spark from your body if presented the chance?''
''You merely took me by surprise.'' He grumbled. ''I wasn't expecting such a violent reaction. From Raid? Yes. From Flashpoint, Deadmetal or Speeder? Definately. But you?'' He broke off into a laugh. ''I remember when you two were first put together. I'm surprised you didn't crush the little tin can yourself.''
She brought her foot down hard onto his chest and the sound of breaking metal echoed through the chamber along with a garbled scream which faded into silence. Galaxy looked down at Krusher and snorted.
''We ain't dead yet.'' Came the feeble voice of Raid.

Galaxy turned to look at the two. She then looked down at Krusher. She bent and plucked the special lenses from his face and put them to her own lenses, shielding her optics from the glow of the chains. She approached them and got a good grip before tugging as hard as her shoulder would allow. A metallic creaking and the sound of cracking stone and the chains were pulled free. Both Autobots fell forward. Flashpoint fell to his knees, but Raid was adamant that he would keep his balance. He swayed on his feet, his lenses un-focusing.
''What can you see, Raid?'' Galaxy asked steadily, dreading the answer.
''Grey. And lots of white.'' He replied evenly.
Galaxy closed her optics and heaved a silent sigh.
''Flashpoint?'' She asked.
A moment of silence. Then he spoke up.
''Sillohuettes. I can probably reverse the damge done to my optical sensors, but I'm afraid, I'm not sure about yours, Raid. Sorry.''
''Don't be. They didn't get the code. Turbulance is outnumbered. Chances are, Carjack won't appreciate his prescence.'' He replied and took an unsteady step forward.

He raised a hand slowly and fumbled a bit, before finally resting it on Galaxy's arm.
''You okay?'' He enquired quietly.
''I've suffered worse.'' She said almost blankly.
''I'll go get Rifle.'' Flashpoint said in a conversational way.
Galaxy could imagine Rifle swearing at Flashpoint's comment about 'collecting' him, as if he were still a new Autobot who'd just come online and was awaiting to see the world he'd just been brought into. A flicker of a smile that faded as quick as the small Autobot's Spark did. Truth be told, he left a large gap in her being. He had become like a little brother, always mithering and poking fun at every chance he got. She pulled those thoughts aside and steadied Raid as he swayed on his feet. He grunted a small protest then promtply swung an arm around her for support as he felt his balance going.
''We need to get back to base and make some repairs.'' She said.
Raid nodded.
''Lead the way.'' He said.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment