Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Wire Cutter

My first ever Transformers fanfic and since the first part seemed to go down well, I decided to continue it into a full story.

Roadtrain (c) Flankfire (of FA)
Transformers (c) Hasbro
Everything else (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 19 - Wire Cutter

Chapter 19 - Wire Cutter
''I'm gonna tear your wires out, you good - for - nothing waste of Spark!'' Spinner howled as he scrambled swiftly up Carjack's newly acquired body.
Carjack tried getting at the miniscule Decepticon as it ascended his frame like a spider up a wall, but he just couldn't reach, Spinner always dodging and skittering acround his body with each attempt at a grab. Carjack growled in utter frustration and Spinner just laughed manically and continued the climb, reaching his partially exposed neck in no time at all, the gaps in the multitude of small armour plates the perfect size for him to reach into and cause some serious damage. He wrapped his long, thin claw - like fingers around a mass of wires and pulled with all his might. A massive hand came up, ready to swat Spinner away, but a certain wire was pulled too hard and his arm jerked. A low growl that turned into a shriek and cry of dismay and pain rang out across the partially abandoned town as sparks flew from his neck. His body twitched, knees buckled and Carjack fell helpless, to the broken road, Spinner keeping his stubborn grip on the sensitive wires, still pulling and digging his claws in, severing them with some effort. A garbled string of words fled from Carjack and his lenses flickered briefly then went dark as a mass of wires hung free and sparking from the holse in his neck.

But the small robot wasn't done. He produced a small, spherical device with a red light embedded into it's flawless, silver surface. The light was pushed down and then came alight, flashing slowly, gaining in speed. The device was stuffed deep into the felled Carjack's neck and Spinner fled as fast he could, seeking shelter beyond the rubble of the surrounding buildings. Moments later, a violent explosion shook the surrounding area, tearing through the body of Carjack. Spinner peered over the top. Only a small amount of him was still intact. The rest, was strewn about like litter after a street festival. He sneered at the sight.


The muffled sound of something tapping metal echoed across the wasteland of the town. Then some muffled words became included. Speeder grumbled and rolled groggily onto his back. The Deer that he had shielded from the brunt of Carjack's last attack had taken its toll on him and every circuit in his body buzzed painfully. He stared upward and into the dark sky, peering through the haze of the continuing drizzle.
''Are you okay...?'' She hazarded slowly, not knowing whether the machine could understand her or not.
To him, her words sounded blurred and warped and completely alien. Well, her language is alien to him. But he should know it. Shouldn't I..? He thought idly. Yes. Yes I should know it. He decided abruptly as he slowly, but surely gathered his senses and checked himself over. He looked to one side and eyed her up. She was battered and bruised, and pretty much looked how he felt; terrible. But that didn't stop him from trying to communicate with the organic that stood unsteadily before him. Unfortunately for the pair of them, the first words that he uttered were polite enough, but not in the correct language.
''I can't understand you...'' She said slowly, feeling awe slowly overwhelming her.

Speeder processed her words, and finally found a match in his data banks. He repeated his question in her language.
''You okay?'' He asked roughly.
The reporter looked startled.
''You know our language?''
Speeder hicthed himself up and nodded slowly, trying to avoid making the pain any worse.
''I know every language on this planet.'' He replied.
She still looked stunned. Not stunned of his claim, but stunned that she was talking to what seemed to be a fully sentient machine, something that shouldn't really exist. Until her reporter side kicked in again.
''Where d'you come from?'' She asked abruptly.
''Oh, you're definately fine.'' He grinned as he pulled himself upright.


Turbulance wandered unhappily through the devastion that was once the army. He kicked at the rubble of felled buildings and made his way unsteadily toward where the remnants of Carjack lay. Deadmetal was following at a distance. Neither could be bothered to launch an attack on each other, unless it was verbal. Too much energy had been expended, and too much damaged sustained. Their bodies were still working to repair themselves. Deadmetal was trying to get ahold of Speeder and Turbulance was roaming and inspecting the confined battle field. Neither noticed the small, slim robotic figure scurry over the rubble and and down the street.
''Looks like your pet beat us to it.'' Turbulance grumbled sourly.
Deadmetal sighed inwardly and gave up trying to contact Speeder. For now. He looked about himself and at the mess.
''I don't think Speeder did this...'' He said blankly.
Turbulance turned and cast him look. After a moment he sighed and shrugged.
''Well, whatever. I can go home now.''
Deadmetal hesitated a moment.
''No you can't. Not until we find Speeder.''

''What? Why do I have to wait for that bucket of bolts?'' Turbulance grunted.
''Because without him, none of us can get back through the Space Bridge.''
''What d'you mean by that...?'' Turbualnce asked, threat creeping into his tone as he took a few steps forward.
''He put a blocker code in before he followed me through. An only he knows the code to unlock it.'' Deadmetal said pointedly.
Turbulance put a hand to his face.
''Oh, how cliche.'' He grumbled testily.
''Maybe so, but it ensured that Carjack wouldn't be able to get back to Earth to and cause some serious damage.''
''Oh no, because the Humans are doing that just fine without outside help.'' The Decepticon replied humourlessly.

Their attention was swayed when they heard someone shout. It was Speeder, and he had a small figure dressed in grey perched precariously on a thin shoulder. Deadmetal eyed the woman up once they came to a stop.
''What?'' Speeder asked, still speaking in the woman's language.
Deadmetal stuck to his own language.
''Oh, I found her.'' Speeder said, replying to his question, automatically switching back to Cybertronian. ''Can I keep her?''
Turbulance snorted a laugh.
''No pets.'' Deadmetal said. ''Remember what happened to your Gerbil?''
''He had an organic pet?'' Turbulance laughed.
Both Autobots ignored him as he creased up laughing.

''I need you to unlock the Bridge.'' Deadmetal said.
Speeder looked blank for a moment. Autobot, Decepticon and organic alike, looked on.
''The Bridge is now unlocked.'' He stated. ''The nearest warp point suitable for us is on the outskirts, to the north-west.''
The reporter slid from his shoulder with his help and landed heavily on a chunk of concrete.
''We gotta go now, Leanna.'' Speeder said, switching language.
''What, already?'' She blurted. ''Can't you just stay a few moments and answer some questions?''
''Not a chance.'' Deadmetal injected.
''But, we could learn so much from you and your friends!'' She protested.

''Friends?'' Turbulance spat.
Leanna looked at him, with a look of puzzlement.
''There is no way ever, that I would be friends with these two. The very thought sickens me to the core.'' The Decepticon sneered and lept neatly into the air, switching swiftly to his jet mode and flying off trailing black fire, in the direction Speeder had stated.
Leanna looked on in complete and utter awe once more. Then she snapped out of it and turned to the two Autobots.
''Don't ask.'' Deadmetal said before she could say a thing.
''See you around.'' Speeder said and wandered off with Deadmetal who had already started walking, frustrated that he couldn't transform properly.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment