Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Return

My first ever Transformers fanfic and since the first part seemed to go down well, I decided to continue it into a full story.

Roadtrain (c) Flankfire (of FA)
Transformers (c) Hasbro
Everything else (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 20 - Return

Chapter 20 - Return
Hookshot wandered aimlessly around in circles in the chamber that housed the Space Bridge. Someone had recently unlocked it from off-planet and he'd been sent to greet whomever it was that would first appear through the portal. He'd been waiting three hours already, and just when the boredom had almost gotten the better of him, the Bridge flared into life. Bright light filled the chamber then subsided as fast as it had come. The electric blue sphere lingered uncertainly between the two large pylons and a figure was spat out. Speeder rose unsteadily and dusted himself off, pausing when he saw Hookshot staring at him. Without another moment's hesitation, a heavy crane hook shot forward, knocking the Autobot off his feet. Speeder landed heavily on the lower steps of the Space Bride's platform. Deadmetal was next through, startling Hookshot, who suddenly realised he was now outnumbered. Deadmetal took one look at Speeder as he rose unsteadily back to his feet. The transformed Apache then unleashed the full force of his chest-bound chain gun on the Constructicon, knocking him backward a few steps, denting his thick armour.

The portal fizzed once more and Turbulance, still in his jet form, soared gracefully into the chamber, heated plasma shots raining down on Deadmetal. Speeder was too damaged to join in on the attack, much to his distaste, and instead darted unsteadily toward Deadmetal and grabbed him by the arm, hauling him off toward the exit and vanishing into the darkness of the old mine shafts and tunnels. Turbulance swooped low and transformed, the panels of the alien jet fighter shifting and rotating, the twin wings repositioning to fit snugly around the bipedal form of the Decepticon.
''Never again, will I do such a thing...'' He grumbled to himself.
''What?'' Hookshot asked blankly, ponderously fingering the fresh hole in his armour.
''Nevermind.'' Turbulance replied. ''Where's Krusher? I have some rather disappointing news for him.''
''Uh, bad news...?'' Hookshot asked uncertainly.

''Yeah. Where is he?'' He growled.
Hookshot thought a moment. Let someone else be beaten up for once this week... He mused, eyeing up Turbulance's dented and scarred armour.
''In the main chamber.'' The Constructicon replied innocently.
Turbulance gave him a look. Hookshot never sounded innocent. He's always guilty of something...
That thought aside, Turbulance made his way towards the main chamber, wondering if he'd missed out on anything remotely exciting during his absence.


''Galaxy?!'' Deadmetal exclaimed as he looked up at the tall, thick built Autobot that loomed over him with her arms folded; A sure sign that she was irritated.
''What took you guys so long?'' She rumbled.
''We, er... Had some complications....'' Speeder said, casting a quick glance at Deadmetal, who now felt three feet tall.
Galaxy glared down at Deadmetal.
''Taking things slow again, eh?'' She grumbled. ''It'll be the death of you, boy. Primus knows it was almost the death of Raid and Flashpoint.''
''What?'' He exclaimed. ''What happened to them? They alright?''
''Barely. Flashpoint's having difficulty seeing the innards of his little Insectibots, and Raid's completely blind!''

Both Speeder and Deadmetal gaped. This was not what they wanted, or expected to hear.
''How?'' Speeder asked.
''Krusher. Lured them into a trap, chained them up with his special chains and tore their armour off bit by bit.''
A moment of guilty silence.
''Where're they now...?'' Deadmetal hazarded.
''Both in the med bay.'' She rumbled and stepped aside, allowing them to maneouver past her as fast as their aching joints would allow them.

They peered around the corner and into the well lit room. Raid was perched atop the operating table, staring straight ahead. Flashpoint was fiddling with some small instruments and only noticed them when he turned around.
''Ah, Dee, Speeder.'' He said with a smile.
''Good to see you both back in, er, one piece...'' The medic said looking the pair of them over.
''How did it go?'' Raid asked, still staring ahead. ''Did you stop Carjack?''
Deadmetal nodded, then promtply stated his answer vocally.
''Yeah.'' He said, feeling somewhat ashamed. '' Unfortunately, not without a major pitfall...''
''Oh?'' Raid prompted.
Both Autobots stood in the doorway, trying to form a decent answer in their minds.
''Carjack got the upgrade that the micro chip held.'' Speeder finally said.

Raid looked at them with his unseeing gaze.
''What happened to him?''
''Something, uhm.... Not easily explained. It's like, the micro chip either wasn't powerful enough or was too powerful, and it messed him up. He didn't look natural.'' Deadmetal said.
''Kinda like something out of an Earth monster movie.'' Speeder added.


Krusher sat in his chair and looked out into the large main chamber. If he'd had a crown, Turbulance mused silently to himself, He'd end up resembling something like a king.
''Well? Answer my question.'' He rumbled impatiently.
Turbulance stopped eyeing up the Chinook's dented and scuffed armour and formulated a quick reply, one that wasn't to Krusher's liking.
''A large portion of Carjack was destroyed in an explosion.'' He said almost casually.
''What!?'' He bellowed angrily. ''Who blew him up!?''
The large Decepticon was on the verge of rising from his seat as he glared heatedly down at Turbulance.
''Possibly the Autobot Speeder, sir.'' He said cooly.
''You let the Autobots get to him first?'' He growled, finally obeying the subconscious commands and rose steadily from his throne-like chair.
Turbulance hesitated. There was no easy, gentle way to explain it, and he swore a part of his pride and dignity had died through offering a temporary allegiance to the two Autobots. So he opted to state it matter - of - factly, something he was very good at.

''I had to ally briefly with the two Autobots, Deadmetal and Speeder, to stop Carjack. Unfortunately, my plan didn't go quite according to plan...''
Krusher was furious.
''Plan!?'' He howled, ''What plan? The plan to undermine my orders or the plan to retrieve the micro chip!?''
Turbulance was on the verge of saying ''Both'' when Roadtrain and Steel came into the chamber, soon followed by Hookshot. Krusher ignored them, and continued to focuse on Turbulance, who remained silent, eyeing up Roadtrain out of the corner of his line of sight. A small grin played his features and a surge of anger flowed through Turbulance. He looked back at the advancing Krusher and a new plan came to light.
''I was too damaged to give the debris a proper sweep.'' He said abruptly. Krusher continued advancing. ''With a few swift repairs, I will go back and search for the Micro Chip. It can't have gone far, not in all that mess.''
Krusher stopped and eyed him carefully.
''Are you suggesting this foolish plan just so you can keep your head, or are you being utterly serious?'' Krusher rumbled.
''Oh, I'm being serious.'' Turbulance replied.

Krusher thought about it a moment, then gave a slow nod.
''Very well. Steele, get him repaired.'' He ordered.
The digger looked vaguely surprised, but said nothing.
''And Turbulance, if you pull a stunt like Carjack did, or if the Autobots get to the micro chip before you, I suggest you remain on that planet and cease all communications with the Decepticon allegiance.'' He warned smoothly.
''Oh, don't you worry. I will get the micro chip.'' He ensured.
Turbulance turned away and headed for the exit, getting a sour look from Roadtrain.
''Suck up.'' Roadtrain grumbled peevishly as he walked by.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment