Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Dropping In For A Visit

Final part in my Space Bridge trilogy.

Transformers (c) Hasbro
Gundog (c) Direwolf505
Blue Falcon (c) countramsely
Roadtrain (c) Flankfire
Everything else (c) me

Chapter 8 - Dropping In For A Visit

Chapter 8 - Dropping In For A Visit
Ankmor

Flanked by Gundog and Deadmetal, Speeder peered over the top of the slab of twisted metal. The three Autobots were just out of range of the Decepticon's security systems and were now contemplating on how to go about breaking through the defences without being noticed.
''How about a combined EMP burst?'' Deadmetal asked after a moment.
''It could work.'' Speeder replied slowly. ''But I'm not entirely sure how far upwards the security system reaches.''
''If it's in a typical dome pattern, then it'll be a league up, right? I reckon we could drop an EMP on their heads from above.'' Gundog said, looking at the tip of the dark building that sat hunkered in the distance.
''You don't have an EMP, though.'' Speeder pointed out.
''I know. But, to my knowledge, Galaxy does.'' He replied with a slight grin. ''I'll stick here with you, while Dee and our very own harbinger of doom disable the systems long enough for you to do your thing. Once the EMP's dropped, we re-group.''
Deadmetal's expression went blank for the briefest of moments.
''I've relayed the idea to Galaxy. She's up for it.'' Deadmetal said bluntly.
''Are you?'' Speeder asked.
''Naturally.'' He replied and took off at a perfect vertical. ''I'll come back as soon as it's done.''
''Try not to deplete yourself too badly this time, yeah?!'' Speeder called after him as he transformed to vehicle mode and moved away, to where Galaxy was hiding in the clouds.


Inside the dark, bleak building, Krusher paced circles in the main control room, large metallic hands at his back, optics to the floor. From one side, Steele and Hookshot looked on in silence as their leader paced in an agitated way. He was not happy. If the Autobots were to launch an attack now, then he was well and truly stuffed. He'd ousted Turbulance. Flare had gone back to her own unit, Jetstream was away on a personal report to Decepticon headquarters and Roadtrain had disappeared on one of his own, personal missions again, which left Krusher with just two Constructicons as back-up. It wasn't an ideal situation to be in.
''It's been two days, now boss.'' Steele said, breaking the long silence. ''He could be on his way back now.''
Krusher paused and glanced up, red optics narrowing dangerously on the smaller Constructicon. Steele backed down, shifting position so that he was partially shielded by the much larger, more imposing form of Hookshot.
''He better be.'' Krusher growled.
The lights flickered and dimmed.
''What was that...?'' Hookshot said softly.
''Power surge...?'' Steele hazarded.
''No...'' Krusher said, turning to inspect one of the many monitors.
Three lines of data in, everything shut down, plunging all the three Decepticons into darkness. Three sets of red optics pierced the sudden blackness as the moment sank in.
''Autobots.'' Krusher rumbled.
''What?!'' Steele yelped.
''I've said it before, and I'll say it again: We're doomed. Utterly, and hopelessly doomed.'' Hookshot said bluntly.
''Your optimism is genuinely frightening sometimes, y'know that?'' Krusher grunted from the darkness, his gaze falling upon the highest set of optics.

There was a loud crashing sound from the front of the base. The three Decepticons that were left in darkness fell deathly silent. The scent of charred metal and smoke drifted through the base.
''I hope that who ever it is, they don't have Galaxy or Gundog with them...'' Steele said in a hushed tone.
Krusher used his intergrated radar system to scan the base. After a moment, he gave a low, growling hiss.
''Three Autobots at the front door.'' He whispered. ''Two comming up on our aft....''
An explosion shook the base and the roof above their heads caved in in a flurry of metals, fire and smoke. The massive form of Galaxy plunged feet first into the newly opened cavity, knocking Krusher to one side. The offline computers fizzed and crackled beneath him as he collided with Steele's workstation. Hookshot and Steele looked on in dismay as Galaxy filled half the room, the dim nighttime light streaking in through the hole in the roof and pooling around her, glinting off her heavy deep green armour.
'What, no 'hello'?'' She asked, mock hurt edging her tone.
There was a string of metallic clacking as a large gun was brought to bear on her forearm.
''Oooohhh....'' The two Constructicons groaned as the muzzle of the large weapon was levelled at them.
''We'll be outside if you need us.'' Hookshot said hurridly, and the pair ran from the room.
The doorway they vanished through exploded in a fountain of shrapnel, leaving a gaping hole in the wall. From beside her, Krusher growled and lunged at her. He brought one of his own weapons to bear and shot at her knee, shattering an exposed support strutt. He sailed neatly past behind her and took another shot at the same area before landing and rolling back to his feet. Galaxy howled in frustration, her knee sparking furiously as the second shot tore through the already damaged joint. She collapsed into a crouching position and swung for Krusher, hitting him hard in the chest, sending him into another set of computers.

He landed with a grunt and scrabbled out of the way as the large Autobot shuffled neatly on one knee and brought her fist down into the set of computers that he had just been occupying. He stepped over the debris and circled awkwardly around her, his limbs creaking slightly with each movement.
''And what do you think yer doing back there?!'' She growled angrily.
Krusher started prying the metal plating apart at her back. Her wings shuddered, clacking metallically as she twisted, trying to get a grip on him. But he foresaw what she wanted to do and evaded each awkward attempt at a grab. From further toward the front of the base, he heard Hookshot and Steele. Both had engaged in combat. He tore a piece of scarred, orange armour from the segmented area between Galaxy's main wings, revealing the thin layer of wires that shrouded the flimsy metal plating beneath. He grabbed a fistful of the wires and pulled. Sparks jittered and Energon spotted from a few of the thin pipes that were neatly entangled within the web wires. Galaxy hissed and the world around Krusher tilted drunkenly and he suddenly found himself pinned beneath her weight. His armour buckled, in some places pressing hard against the sensitive circuitry beneath. Pain registered deep within his systems and he let out a muffled, electronic yelp. A shudder of delight coursed through Galaxy's large frame as she heard his pain and felt his chest armour start to buckle beneath her. Raid's voice floated into the main control room. He was doling out orders for Flashpoint, Speeder and Blue Falcon to start retrieving the final parts of the Space Bridge. She rolled to one side and hunkered down in a crouch. Krusher flailed momentarily in place before attempting to stand. She watched as he started to pull himself upright. He growled something unintelligable, a single red optic half focused on her. She used her good leg to push herself forward, and an open hand slammed into his head, thick metallic fingers gripping tightly. She tugged him downwards, slamming him hard into the ground, the aged and abused metal sheets crackling and moaning under the impact. The was a slight, restless twitch from the Decepticon sub-commander, then he went still.

''Galaxy: Report.'' Came the transmitted order from Raid.
''Krusher's down, but not out. I have minor damage to my left leg, some scrapes and dents, but otherwise I'm still functioning.'' She replied.
She tried looking over her shoulder at the damage, but her wings were obscuring her view.
''You require help with the Bridge parts?'' She asked as she struggled to her feet, putting her weight on her intact leg.
''Negative. Leave Krusher. We can deal with him later. Cover Flash from above and return to base.'' He said.
The line went silent. She heard the beating of rotar blades. Deadmetal and Gundog were on the move. She engaged her propulsion system and took off through the way she'd come in, sending debris particles swirling and dancing in small vortexes around her as she rocketed off into the night.

''What in the name of Primus did you two do?!'' She asked as she drew even with them.
Both smaller Autobots were in vehicle mode, and bore bent and blackened armour. Gundog looked as if he took the brunt of the excursion.
''Steele decided he wanted a little payback for the whole putting-a-hole-in-his-chest thing. Hookshot decided he wanted in on it too.'' Gundog said nonchalantly.
''I honestly had no idea how much firepower Steele actually had.'' Deadmetal mused. ''I'm actually quite impressed. It's weird...'' He added slowly.
''What did you do to them?'' Galaxy asked, somewhat intrigued.
''Beat them up.'' Gundog replied flatly. ''It was the natural thing to do.''
Galaxy snorted in amusement. They passed across the border and back into Autobot territory.
''What about you?'' Gundog asked after a moment.
He'd spent the last few minutes of silence watching Flashpoint, Blue Falcon and Speeder as they awkwardly hauled the last pieces of the Space Bridge across the battle scarred terrain and back toward their own base.
''Minor scuffle with Krusher.'' She replied and tried flexing her damaged leg.
A spike of pain jabbed at her knee and the joint sparked.
''And how'd he fair this time?'' Deadmetal asked curiously.
''I dunno. You'll have to ask him when he comes-to.'' She grinned.
''If he comes-to.'' Deadmetal corrected.


Nyxen 3 - Furman Household

George slid up beside his house. The bushes rustled and he froze. His ears rotated and nostrils flared as he tried to work out what was in the bushes. There was the slight scent of washing powder and damp cloth on the breeze. He fumbled for the front door key in his pocket and took a deep breath. He sprinted around the corner and to the front door. Behind him came the sound of metal feet scampering across gravel. He forced the key into the lock, turned it and almost fell through the threshold. He slammed the door shut behind him and leaned up against it, panting heavily, eyes wide and unfocused.
''I thought I told you to get out of this house!'' Mavis raged as she strode into the living room.
George flinched from his stupor and eyeballed the plump vixen who was striding towards him with purpose and menace.
''Yes, yes. But, y'see-'' He started, fumbling for the right words.
''No excuses!'' She snapped irritably and gripped an ear between forefinger and thumb.
''Aaahhhh-!'' George gasped as he was pulled away from the front door.
Mavis turned the door knob and George grabbed her paw, ignoring the pain searing through his ear.
''Don't! It's out there!'' He blurted urgently.
''What's out there?'' She demanded to know.
''The... The...'' He faltered, hunching down, pulling Mavis's paw down with him. ''That horrible, spindly robot...'' He whispered.
He batted her paw away and scooted into the corner behind the door, dishevilled tail wrapping around his ankles as he brought his knees to his chin.

Mavis eyed him carefully. Then she sniffed. There was the lingering scent of alcohol, but it was old.
''What the hell are you on about?''
''Vox is out to get him.'' Lee called from the kitchen.
''What's Vox?'' Mavis asked, slightly more puzzled, but no-less irritated.
''The washing machine.'' Poppy giggled.
''It's been after him for years.'' Lee added with some amusement.
''And it's out there!'' George hissed urgently, jabbing a finger at the closed front door.
Mavis snorted.
''The washing machine is trying to kill you?'' She asked, mocking edging her tone. ''And it's outside, waiting for you?''
George nodded, eyes wide.
''The washing machine is in the kitchen, washing your children's clothes!'' She snapped irritably, jabbing her own index finger toward the kitchen. ''If you don't believe me, have a look for yourself.''
George hesitated then shuffled to his feet and slowly walked to the archway that seperated the living room from the kitchen. Indeed there was a washing machine sat hunched and dented beneath the sideboard. The machine gurgled and shuddered as it went into its final spin cycle. It was identical to the one the Decepticon turned into.
''But... But... What?'' He muttered, utterly puzzled.

''Now then. Since your curiosity is satisfied, you can get your drunken arse off this property.'' Mavis said smoothly.
George slowly turned his head and looked at Mavis sheepishly. Both his children had paused in their homework to watch him.
''That's not my washing machine...'' He mumbled numbly.
''No, it's not. It's Julie's.'' Mavis said evenly. ''Now get out!'' She snapped angrily and marched him to the front door.
''But you don't understand!'' George started to plead.
''Oh, I understand, alright.'' She muttered irritably.
Mavis opened the front door and shoved George outside. The door slammed shut and she deadbolted it. She then slid the chain across so that he couldn't get back in. After a moment's hesitation, he started hammering at the door, pleading to be let back in. Mavis snorted and walked back into the kitchen to continue cooking tea. George persisted for a few minutes longer. Then all went silent. Mavis sighed and dropped some chopped carrots into the stew before giving it a stir and sitting back down at the table to read her book.
Outside, George edged his way carefully down the driveway. Three glowing red optics watched him from the side of the house. The Fox broke his stare with the machine, turned and took to his heels once more. Spinner hissed and pursued.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment