Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Galaxy's Minions

Final part in my Space Bridge trilogy.

Transformers (c) Hasbro
Gundog (c) Direwolf505
Blue Falcon (c) countramsely
Roadtrain (c) Flankfire
Everything else (c) me

Chapter 13 - Galaxy's Minions

Chapter 13 - Galaxy's Minions
Gygax

Galaxy loomed over the four Constructicons as they busied themselves with repairing the busted blast door. She watched them carefully and wore a small, contented smile on her mechanical features as they worked frantically, but efficiently enough to set right that which they had ruined.
''Galaxy to Raid, come in.'' She transmitted. ''I've caught the intruders and I'm now putting them through their paces. Care for any back-up down there?''
She waited for the reply almost impatiently whilst watching a brief squabble between the young Constructicons. Lokjaw cast a careful look over an armoured shoulder, made an odd eeping noise and swore at his friends to get on the with their task, lest they feel the large female's wrath.
''If the intruders are secure, back-up would be extremely good right now! We're outnumbered down here and I have a soldier down!''
The reply was riddled with static and she swore she caught the tail-end of an explosion before she was cut-off. She glared down at the Constructicons.
''Finished?'' She rumbled.
Four metallic faces peered up at her nervously. Each one gave a numb nod.
''We've fixed the door, sir.'' Shrapnel said obediently.
''Next orders?'' Wrench asked, trying to avoid being crushed.
Galaxy smiled intently. She had their full attention. It was now time to make full use of their still developing processors.
''How much experience have you had with combat?'' She asked gruffly.
Looks were exchanged and there was a chorus of low, meek mumblings.

''Uh, not much...'' Shrapnel said slowly.
''I've been in combat once. But that was a year ago, back in Tyger Pax.'' Lokjaw admitted.
''Other than that, you've never been in a serious combat situation?'' She asked.
''Not really... I mean, we've had the training, but only Lokjaw's had a chance to put it into practice.'' Sideblast replied.
''Well today's your lucky day, kiddies.'' She beamed. ''Because you're gonna prove to me that you're Autobots, not Decepticons!''
There was a moment's pause as what she just said unfolded properly in their minds.
''You mean, you're gonna make us fight...?'' Wrench hazarded slowly.
''We're not gonna have to fight you, are we?'' Lokjaw asked a touch nervously.
Galaxy resisted the urge to smack him upside the head.
''No.'' She sighed. ''Your new boss and comrades need back-up, so look sharp and get to the landing strip!'' She ordered.

She walked across to a small computer and entered a few codes. A tiny vent in the ceiling slid open and hundreds of tiny red optics flickered into life. There was a barely audible buzzing emanating from the darkness of the vent. Then hundreds of tiny silver and black bodies fluttered in to the room. The four Constructicons hesitated as they watched the entire hive of Insecticons flood the room, then fled from Galaxy as she ushered them menacingly down the maze of large corridoors and out on to the runway that was situated directly next to the main building. The landing lights that ran the length of either side of the runway were dark, some even broken and shattered from past skirmishes and the markings on the landing strip were worn, near invisible. Shrapnel turned and looked up at Galaxy.
''What were those?!'' He blurted, the buzzing still taunting the edges of his hearing.
''Insecticons.'' She replied simply. ''They make sure that no Decepticon breaks in.''
''How? They're tiny!'' Wrench said, bewildered.
Galaxy twisted a cruel smile.
''They eat any intruders alive. It's proven very effective in the past.'' She grinned cruelly.
The four Constructicons went momentairly silent as they contemplated the sudden influx of mental imagery that flooded their processors.
''And if you go against me, then you'll be their next meal!'' She rumbled. ''Now stay put while I get changed!''

She walked into the middle of the runway and hunkered down as her armour bent, re-forming itself as her body untangled and stretched. The four young Constructicons looked on, awaiting for further orders. Neither dared move. It only required a few seconds for Galaxy to arrange her vehicle mode, sizing up the four Constructicons and adjusting herself to accomodate them and herself comfortably. A hole slid open in the side of her hull with an audible set of metallic clicks as metal plating folded apart.
''All aboard!'' Her voice boomed from somewhere within the depths of the newly formed space shuttle.
The Constructicons exchanged a brief array of glances before hurrying to carry out the order. They gingerly climbed inside, looking at the interior with curiosity. They'd been on troop transports several times before, each machine, sentient or otherwise, looking as bland as the next on the inside. Galaxy was no exception. There was a long, metallic bench running along either side of the cramped compartment, and that was about it.
''Well this is cosy.'' Lokjaw commented quietly.
Sideblast swore when he hit his head on the roof.
''A little more room for the larger of us, or is that too much to ask for?'' He grunted, rubbing at the new dent in his rounded helm.
''You only get more space when I ain't in no rush, and right now, I'm in a rush, so shut up, sit down and prepare for take-off!'' She growled irritably.
They complied immediately and sat down on the benches, gripping the rails either side of them. The was a low rumbling of engines powering up then a lurch. Seconds later, they felt somewhat weightless for a few moments as she leveled out.

''These are the ones you'll be fighting alongside.'' She said and transmitted to each of them a picture of each Autobot along with their names and rank.
A simple crew roster, one that wouldn't land them in any hot water if leaked to the enemy.
''Kay, so the big red and green guy's the boss....'' Wrench said slowly.
''Man, he looks grumpy.'' Shrapnel said almost to himself.
Galaxy banked hard and the Constructicons yelped, re-doubling their death grips on the railings they clung to.
''Is it too late to say that I have a massive fear of heights!?'' Sideblast whined, shuttering his optics momentarily as he caught a glimpse out of the foreport.
The terrain below was comming up fast in a blur of silvers, blacks and greys.
''Yes.'' Galaxy replied simply.
She leveled out again as she cut a slalom through the twisted peaks of wrecked buildings. She scanned ahead and made an odd grunting noise.
''Hmph. The Decepticons are piling out of the old drainage system.'' She muttered bitterly. She made another transmission to the four Constructicons. ''See these drainage pipes?''
There was a chorus of affirmatives as they looked at the mapped pipe network.
''I need you guys to seal them up. Barricade them with whatever you can and stop those blasted Decepticons from getting to the field of battle! Destroy any that make it out of the pipes. Once you've secured the drainage system, report back to me immediately, otherwise you'll wish you were never protoformed, gottit?!''
''Yessir!'' They said in unison.
''Goooood...'' She purred, unnerving them further. ''It's time to dis-embark! Good luck kids, you'll need it.''

The hull split open beneath their feet and the benches folded away. The railings slid from their grasp and they fell the rest of the way and in to the outskirts of the battle. All four landed heavily, their systems buzzing horribly.
''How very polite...'' Sideblast muttered bitterly as he rubbed his skid plate.
''At least you didn't land on your head this time.'' Wrench grinned and pulled himself upright to survey the scene.
Lokjaw and Shrapnel were already gathering up what debris they could, piling it into the open maw of a large pipe. From behind the piles of freshly arranged twisted chunks of metal came a metallic roar of anger.
''He's trynna get through!'' Lokjaw yelped when the make-shift plug shuddered under a heavy blast.
Both Constructicons threw themselves on top of the pile of wedged metals, hoping that their weight would add to the deterrant.
''We need more metal!'' Shrapnel shouted.
''Wait!'' Sideblast said, holding his hands out in front of him as if to stop his two friends from doing anything further. ''We're free of that Autobot now, so why are we obeying her orders? We're Decepticons, not Autobots!'' He pointed out
There was a brief pause between the four of them, the only sounds and movement being that comming from the main basin below the bridge and from within the pipe.
''Uh...'' Shrapnel said, mind suddenly going blank.
''I'm staying put. I change sides!'' Wrench blurted.
All optics landed on him. He cringed slightly under the mixture of glares, bewilderment and amusement.
''Seriously. I got a good feeling about this.'' He said cheerfully. ''Think about it. Optimus Prime preferes to keep his troops happy and in one piece. Megatron, on the other hand, doesn't give a slag if anyone under his command is horribly mutilated.''

''Good point.'' Shrapnel said with a nod. ''I'm staying.''
''Are you insane!?'' Sideblast howled, completely bewildered and horrified. ''If any of the Decepticons figure out we're deserters, the bounties that'll be put on our head will be massive! MASSIVE I SAY!!'' He said flailing his arms to add emphasis.
''Cool! If I fake my own death, will I get the reward money?'' Lokjaw pondered outloud.
The Decepticons in the tunnel they'd blocked up had gone silent and moved on. Shrapnel interrupted the ongoing conversation with haste.
''Raise your hand if you're defecting to Prime's side!'' He said hurridly.
Wrench and Lokjaw immediately raised their hands. Sideblast stayed stubborn, but his expression and posture started to falter under the pressure of his friends curious gazes.
''Fine.'' He sighed and raised his hand.
''Good. Right then. That sorted, let's go seal up those other drainage pipes.'' Shrapnel said and led them cautiously off in the direction of the next, closest pipe. They skirted around the edge of the basin and eventually came across the next pipe. Three Decepticons piled out into the open, the mech at the fore jerking backwards at an odd angle as his chest exploded. Shrapnel looked across the ongoing battle, trying to locate the origin of the missile. Hunkered down behind a twisted piece of wreckage in the shadows, he could just make out an Autobot, sniping the Decepticons. He was moving about awkwardly, shuffling from position to position. Shrapnel paired up the Autobot with the the images Galaxy had sent them. He recognised him as Gundog, one of the newer members of Raid's team. Above, an Autobot they recognised as Deadmetal whirled sharply, red hot plasma fire streaking out and slamming into any Decepticon that got in his crosshairs. He released a cluster of missiles and the ground around Galaxy's feet exploded in a flurry of shrapnel and liquid fire and enemy components.

She gave a quick nod and pulled the Decepticon from her shoulder before it could do any damage to her neck and face. She tossed the clambering Decepticon into the thick of Autobot fire and it exploded in a cloud of metal and Energon. Galaxy stamped around, reigning hell upon the enemy that got in her way. There was a shout and she spun on the spot, ignoring the enemy ammunition that was biting through her armour. Krusher was fighting Raid, and was winning. She growled and emptied the remains of her missile pods upon the Decepticon. Krusher howled within the cloud of billowing smoke and fire. Raid stumbled from the fray, joints sparking, Energon dribbling from his chest and side. He cast a look up at Galaxy.
''Go join Gundog. I got this one covered.'' She rumbled, slamming a balled fist into an open palm.
She strode into the clearing smoke. As Raid shambled his way for cover, he heard Krusher make an odd yelping sound. Raid ducked down behind a piece of the bridge's wreckage and took a couple of shots at the Decepticons who were still locked in melees with his own team. The Autobot back-up was slowly trickling into the battle, lead by Ironhide who was more intent on mowing down the enemy rather than doling out orders to his team. Raid grunted something to himself and waded back into the fight, laser and plasma shots pounding into his armour. Blue Falcon had been surrounded by the enemy.
''You look like you could use some help.'' He rumbled, grabbing a Decepticon by the shoulder and heaving him out of the way, shooting his chest out before he landed.
Blue Falcon didn't even bother looking at his commander. He was too busy staving off the relentless melee attacks of five Decepticons. The number was fast reduced when Raid stepped in, something which the young Autobot was greatful for.
''I'm running out of ammunition and energy!'' Deadmetal transmitted.
''Same here. I have one more missile left.'' Gundog added from his make-shift safe zone.
''What do you say we end this right now? Let's finish them off!''
''Sounds good to me.'' Flashpoint transmitted from the opposite side of the basin.
Raid agreed completely with Ironhide. This particular battle had gone on for much too long. They still had a base to recapture.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment