Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Day to Day Part 1

Hell Quantum is the Giant story I'm working on invlovingfanfictional content from a few areas, as well as a large sum of my original content. This is the Lion King teaser.

Chapter 1 - Day to Day Part 1

Chapter 1 - Day to Day Part 1
(Ookavu = Kovu)
(Kiara = Casey)

Ookavu awoke to the sound of the morning commute, the chatter of passing commuters and the buzz of car engines hardly muffled by the walls of the condo. His red eyes slowly opened to gaze out the window on to the balcony and at the people below. He laid there drowsy for awhile, his eyes heavy, appreciating the warmth to his back emanating from his peacefully sleeping partner, Casey. After a couple of minutes he pushed himself up and planted his feet on the carpet being careful not to disturb his mate. He rested his face in the palms of his hands and ran his fingers through his greasy bed hair.
"ugh..." How can she sleep through this racket?
He removed one hand from his face to reach for a cigarette on his bedside table. He brought it to his mouth before reaching for his lighter. He felt around the table for it and eventually lifted his face from his palm to look over. It wasn't there. He stared at the the empty table surface, agitated, for a moment.
Damn it where is it.....
He picked his jeans off of the floor beside the bed. The cigarette hung loosely in is mouth as he began digging through the pockets.
Aha!
He pulled the lighter out of his front right pocket and flipped the lid and lit it. He held the lighter up to the end of his cigarette and took a long drag before blowing out a large puff of smoke. He reached down and pulled his pants on before shoving his lighter back into his pocket. Taking another drag on his cigarette he walked into the next room and sat down on the couch. He pulled his acoustic guitar into his lap and began strumming out a peaceful tune.
The new life isn't so bad. Easy food easy water. Even people I can almost call family. Everything that happened in the past seems so irrational now... Still it was home there. I guess I miss it, the simplicity, but could never go back, I hurt them too much... Why can't I just forget about it? The pain just sticks with me....
He took a deep breath and sighed before tossing the cigarette butt into the ashtray on the coffee table. He put another cigarette in his mouth and lit it.
What am I doing? I can make this a good day.
He managed a smile.
At least I still have Casey.
He set his guitar aside, stood up and through on a white T-shirt and his black leather jacket. While grabbing a small water bottle out of the fridge he eyed the notepad next to the sink.
Guess I'll write her a note
He left the note on the fridge reading "GONE FOR A WALK"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment