Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - What do you do?

Gaara didn't know why he felt this way. He didn't know why he had drifted close to Konoha or why he needed something to hold on to but... read and see... [NaruXGaa]

Chapter 1 - What do you do?

Chapter 1 - What do you do?


Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or anything related. It all belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.



S.Z.: Finally! I've finally written a full length naruXgaara fic, not like those little ficlettes that I've been writing. So now, this is my favorite Naruto yaoi couple of all time and so I hope you guys enjoy this one.



When the demon is vulnerable

Chapter one: What do you do?





It was weird. All of a sudden, Gaara was just overwhelmed by this huge bank of emotions, and he didn't know what to do. He was shaken and scared for the first time in his life and he wanted to do something, he just didn't know what.

He made his way to this forest. He didn't know where he was, or how far he had gone; all he knew was that he had been traveling for a long time and finally he had collapsed in this garden of thick greenery.

His breath was shuddery and his heart was beating one hundred miles a minute. Something had happened to him, to make him psychologically relive all of his childhood angst. All of this time stifling his feelings and now that it wanted to just poor out, he didn't know how to let it out.

He knew in his head that it wasn't acceptable for a Kazekage to be acting like this; running away from his problems and away from his village but he couldn't help it.

He was shaking and he was scared because he was vulnerable. He didn't know what to do at all so he just sat under a tree, sitting in a protective ball, unable to realize how to release all of his sadness and grief…



A familiar blonde was returning home from a small mission in the woods. Naruto was walking slowly until he heard hard breathing. Now Naruto was being his regular self, jumping to conclusions and thinking that it was some wild beast coming near him to eat him but then he pieced it together: it sounded human…

Naruto continued his trail and then saw what was making the noise. He was shocked to see who it was. Why would Gaara be all the way out here near the village hidden in the leaves? He wasn't in the village but pretty damn close to it. And why was he just sitting there, curled up with his head down hidden in his knees. All of these questions and more trailed through Naruto's head as he watched the scene…

Naruto watched him for about fifteen minutes without moving. He started to wonder what he should do or if he should do anything at all. Should he do something? But what if Gaara thinks it's a sneak attack and recoils… gulp… with force…? Naruto definitely knew Gaara's force but then what was he gonna do? I mean he didn't even know what Gaara was doing there so how could Naruto know if he was there on purpose or… maybe… could it be that he had just stumbled there…?

Considering the circumstances, Naruto was sure that Gaara wasn't there on purpose. Gaara then looked up and Naruto caught a good glimpse of his face. It looked shaken, sad and could it be… vulnerable…?

Naruto was always used to seeing Gaara so strong and so much like a stone that he had no idea that Gaara could ever be like this. What he couldn't imagine though is the thing that had pushed him over the edge like this. Naruto could see that he needed someone and now. But what could he do for him…?



Gaara on the other hand was still shaken. His body was vibrating like and tremor and he looked even more pale than usual. In the dark, it almost looked as if he were glowing his complection was that white. He was suffering and needed something to hold onto desperately. The thoughts running through his head were so grotesque now; he was almost suicidal. He was disoriented, and he had no clue where he was. He was completely and utterly traumatized.



Naruto was still arguing in his head over what to do or what not to do. He did care about Gaara, he wasn't afraid to admit that to himself but what was he to do? Naruto could do the only thing he could think of doing at a moment like this when the person you care about is in such a state.



On Gaara's side, he couldn't take it anymore. He was ready to just get up and then give up. Just let the devil take him like the demon he was. He was just about ready to get on his feet and do that when all of a sudden he felt a warm presence all around him…

He didn't know what it was, all he knew was that it was strong and warm and full of compassion. What was this force that surrounded him and why did it make him lose all of his thoughts about what he was previously thinking?

He looked up slightly…



“Gaara…” said a voice.



Gaara knew that the voice was familiar but he was trying to figure out who it was. He could hear the sound but he couldn't see the angelic form he was hearing through the thick darkness that he was lost in. Who was his savior…?



“Gaara…” said the voice again as Gaara felt the grip around him become tighter “…Gaara what's wrong…?”



Who was this…? Gaara's vision became clearer with every sound he would hear coming from the angel's mouth. And then he finally saw who his angel was…



“Naruto…?” he asked.



“Yeah… it's me… what's wrong…?”



Gaara didn't say a word. He didn't know what to say. He finally found out who his savior was, who that angel was and it was the one person he even gave a damn about, although he never showed it, there was something about Naruto that he liked and being in his arms like this made his heart beat fast… in a good way. Gaara got comfortable and Naruto just held him closer.



Naruto had no clue what Gaara was doing there still. He didn't know why he didn't move as Naruto held him. Naruto was worried about him and he didn't want Gaara to be alone for fear of what he might do to himself. He also didn't want to stay there any longer so there was just one thing that he could do… he had to take Gaara in the village with him. It would be pretty easy considering that it was night and he was the Kazekage anyway so why would it be wrong…?

Although Naruto knew that it was wrong, he got up and took Gaara up with him. He still had Gaara by the shoulders as he looked at his eyes. He looked deep into his eyes and saw all of his pain in there. Naruto could see the vulnerability in his eyes and at that moment he was sure that he wanted to take him with him.



“Gaara… I don't want to leave you alone right now… please say yes to this: come stay at my house for tonight and then I'll take you home tomorrow myself… I'm concerned about you Gaara… I've never seen you like this…”



Gaara looked at him with what he thought was no emotion but was really filled with sorrow. Gaara felt strange when the blonde had asked him that. He felt… better… wanted…

Gaara nodded in agreement… still not saying anything. Naruto put his arm around the red head and began walking towards the village…



Naruto was still worried as hell for Gaara still hadn't said a word to him. All he knew was the feeling in his heart that this was the right thing to do…





To be continued…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SasukeXSakura on February 26, 2006, 8:41:47 AM

SasukeXSakura on
SasukeXSakuraWell the first cahp is soooooo GOOD and thx my best buddie KAKA :D lol hahahahahhah i love ya :D and you love Kyle :P i knew it