Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Pantheon

An original story I have been working on for a while. It's all mythological, so be prepared. Have fun!

Chapter 2 - Pantheon

Chapter 2 - Pantheon
Chapter II: Pantheon
“So... I get no say in this?”
“Well, we always give people a choice... but if you don’t help us, we fail the Earth, so no, not much say.”
“Goddamn-“
“DON’T SAY THAT EITHER!” Archangel exploded.
“I’m out of here.” And Faith jumped down to Earth.
As she landed, she looked up to find angels scurrying down from the sky to catch her. “Don’t let her get away!” ordered Archangel.
Faith looked around to get her bearings. She was in an alley near her house. She started to run towards her house, but when she found her key and went in, her mom was scared of her.
“Who are you, and what are you doing in my house?” Faith’s mom inquired.
“Mom, it’s Faith. You remember me, right?” Faith asked.
“Please, get out of my house. I’ve never seen you before. I have no children. Please, please, just leave and don’t hurt me.”
Faith said nothing, and just left.
So it’s true, Faith thought on her way out. I’ve been taken out of Life, and now no one remembers me.
As she looked for a place to hide from the angels, she saw men in red cloaks peeking out from the alleyway.
“Oh, great. Now the devil’s gonna come and try to convince me to join Hell. Damn, people, just leave me alone!”
And she ran. She ran for miles, until she came across some people in a town called Crossroad.
“Faith!” someone whispered from the shadows of a building. “Come over here! We can help!”
Someone remembers me? Faith thought, and thinking this was an agent of Heaven or Hell, she followed anyway, keeping her hand on her sword.
Inside an old rundown in from the 1200s, a group of kids in cloaks (at least she assumed they were kids) were huddling around the fire. They looked as she entered.
“Faith,” a boy in the center said. “Welcome. Make yourself at home.”
“Who are you?” Faith asked suspiciously, thinking they were agents from Heaven or Hell.
“We are the Pantheon,” said a girl sitting next to the boy, “the other avatars that escaped from the grasp of Heaven and Hell. I’m Athena, the ex-newest addition to the group. Pleasure to meet you.”
“Wait..,” Faith thought. “Pantheon... where have I heard that word before? I got it! Archangel spoke about some girl named Penelope who got away and joined a group called the Pantheon-”
“That’s me,” Athena said. “We use a spell to change our names to ‘they’ can’t track us. Over there is Eirene,” she pointed to a girl whispering to the boy that led her here, “Hypnos,” a boy sleeping on the couch, “Eos,” a girl drawing a picture of the sun, “Tyche,” a boy who was muttering something to himself, “and our leader, Cronos,” the boy in the center, who had white eyes, and looked much older than all of them.
“But... wait, Archangel said they couldn’t track you because you had too much spiritual energy,” Faith remembered.
“Is that what she said?” the boy named Hypnos said, eyes still closed. “That’s sorta funny. No, it’s just because we used our spirit energy to change our names from what the angels gave us at birth, and we cloaked the building extra.”
“Oh,” Faith said meekly.
“So,” Cronos said, “you’re the newest Avatar. “I guess you aren’t joining either side, right?” Faith shook her head. “Very good! Well, what we do is basically save other Avatars if they don’t choose a side, and when Heaven and Hell come a-knockin’, we fight and run. And since we’ve been taken out of Life- you knew about that part, right?” Faith nodded. “Right. So anyway- since we’ve been taken out of Life, we’re immortal unless they stab us with a blessed sword, and then we go to whichever place gets us, and we can die as spirits one more time.”
“Cool!” Faith said. “So Hell can’t get us, right?”
“Wrong,” the girl named Eos said. “Hell can bless swords, just evil blessing, like you’d see in the Church of Satan, or something.”
“Damn,” Faith swore.
“‘Damn’ is right,” Tyche said, looking at his sword. “Demons are coming.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment