Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Artemis

An original story I have been working on for a while. It's all mythological, so be prepared. Have fun!

Chapter 3 - Artemis

Chapter 3 - Artemis
Chapter III: Artemis
“Damn,” Cronos said, “Faith doesn’t have a sword.”
“Yes I do,” she chimed in, “the Hell’s Chi- the demons gave it to me.”
“A hell-blessed sword?” Eos thought. “It wouldn’t do against demons!”
“Or would it?” Cronos replied. “Try it out.”
And so she did.
As the demons surrounded the house, the Pantheon filed out and circled the building. The demons charged, and Faith was the first to meet them. She clashed swords with the first demon she could find, and immediately swung at its head. It dodged easily, and went for her sword-hand, but Faith was quick. She took her hand away and slashed again at its neck. She missed, but caught it in the shoulder. She let go of the sword and jumped away, as both demon and sword exploded.
“Opposites attract,” Cronos whispered to Eos, “and identicals repel.”
“She fights like a demon,” Athena interjected. “Is that a good thing?”
“Well,” Cronos replied, “it couldn’t hurt to have a demon-fighting expert, could it?”
As the last few demons fled, Faith hunted them down like a lion chasing a gazelle, bringing every last one down but one, to which she said as it ran, “Tell your master not to mess with us!”
“Damn, how’d they find us? We cloaked the building and the surrounding area!” said Hypnos.
“I think it’s because they can track me,” Faith answered. “You guys haven’t renamed me yet.”
“Oh yea… Forgot that,” remembered Eirene. “So, who is she?”
“Well, she chased after those demons pretty thoroughly… how abut Artemis, goddess of the hunt?” Cronos suggested. Faith agreed. “So, let’s do this, shall we? Tyche, if you will?”
“My pleasure,” Tyche said, “as long as no angels or demons show up.”
And so it was, that from then on, Faith was no more, and the Avatar became known as Artemis.
Later that day, the Pantheon was explaining things about the life of a Pantheon member to Artemis.
“So, since they can’t track us, why do we have to stay hidden?” Artemis asked.
“Because they have special swords that glow blue when near angels, red when near demons, and white when near Avatars. If we go near the angels or demons that have those swords, we’ll be taken.
“But wouldn’t it always just glow the color of the wielder?”
“No, actually,” Tyche answered. “The swords are made to glow only when it’s near someone that’s not of the wielder’s race. See?” he pulled out a sword with a clear jewel in the middle. “This is a tracking sword, but it’s not glowing white, because I hold it.”
“So that’s how you knew the demons were coming?”
“Yes. I stole this off of an angel corpse last the angels came.”
“Wait,” Artemis thought, “angels can die?”
“Well, not really,” Cronos chimed in. “See, because angels are inherently good, if they die, they just go back to Heaven. Same with demons, but with Hell.”
“I think I get it now,” Artemis finished the conversation.
“Thank goodness,” Hypnos said, “I’m getting sleepy.”
“That’s sort of rude,” Artemis spat.
“Don’t mind him,” Cronos said. “Our names give us powers, and since he’s named after the Greek god of sleep, he’s always sleepy, and can put others to sleep. Eos, being named for the goddess of the dawn, has the power of light and the sun, and so on and so forth.”
“That’s cool.”
“You know what’s cooler?” Athena interrupted. “We got a new one. Let’s go.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment