Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - America

This is the diary of my made-up beyblade character, Mason. Sorry, I only got to after the Cina Tourny. Enjoy!

Chapter 2 - America

Chapter 2 - America


The flight had been long, uncomfortable, exhausting, and crowded with snoring, over-weight passengers

(including Tyson) and mothers with their crying babies. While the others were contently snoring away in their

seats, I had to be stuck next to Tyson, who I swear had leaf-blower implanted in his throat because his

snores were both loud and turbulent. In the mean time, I got some reading done and Kenny fiddled with his

beloved computer. The minute I heard the pilot announce the landing it was like someone had saved me from

this never-ending boredom.

Once we had claimed our luggage and gone through about three gates we reached the pick-up zone, where a

BBA bus was waiting for us. I'm not sure whether it was just jet-lag or something else, but my footsteps felt twice as heavy as I boarded the bus with the rest of the team. I quickly took the first seat across from the bus driver and slumped down tiredly. I suddenly felt so tired I just wanted to sleep. I figured it was going to be a long ride to the hotel, so I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes…



Two weeks passed since that day in the garden, and already the news about my father's death had spread across the entire town. Every time I went out, people I wasn't even sure I knew would come up to me and say how sorry they were for me and sometimes they would even bend down and hug me. I didn't like it. It was hard enough for me to try and forget about it, but every time these people tried to comfort me it was like a constant reminder. I just wanted to be left alone. So every afternoon after school, I would go off on my own to a place where no one could find me or bother me; the mountains. I had always looked out my bedroom window in the morning and gazed at those gigantic mountains and wondered what it would be like to climb them. That day, I walked past my house and headed straight for the mountains.

I don't know how long or how high I climbed up that mountain path. I became so tired, I couldn't walk anymore. So I stopped to rest by a small spring. Afterwards I kept walking up that path, going higher and higher. I could swear I almost touched a cloud. At one point, I came across an abandoned cave. It had been another hot, summer's day and just the thought of cool, relaxing shade seemed like heaven. So I went deep into the darkest part of the cave and sat down on a moist rock. I closed my eyes and felt the soothing sensation of the cave's darkness. As I sat there, lost in this feeling, I began to hear whispers, and then those whispers turned to moans. It was like they were talking to me. I couldn't understand a single word, but somehow I knew what they were telling me.



“…go deeper… go back… it's waiting for you… go…”



I followed the voices, wandering deeper and deeper into the cave. It was pitch-black now, I couldn't see a thing, but the voices led me safely through the darkness. Further and further into the cave I went, until suddenly the voices disappeared, and I stumbled aimlessly through the blackened cave. I was scared, and lost. I just kept stepping forward, whichever way that was. Then, I found a light. It was faint, but it was the only light I had. So I ran towards it, thinking that it was a way out, but when I got there it turned out to be nothing but a pool of glimmering water.

But wait… no water could ever shine so brightly in this darkness. I leaned in closer and looked deep into the pool, searching for the source of light. All I could see was a glowing orb deep at the bottom of the pool. Without thinking, I plunged my arm into the pool, and pulled the orb from the water. I looked down at what I held in my hand. It was a beyblade; a glowing beyblade, and imprinted on the beychip was a white, winged horse.



“… it is time for your light to shine…”


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SimpleSoul52 on February 16, 2006, 1:09:15 AM

SimpleSoul52 on
SimpleSoul52Okay, I made sure that it wasn't nearly as long and boring as the last one. Sorry about the wait.