Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Kiss

This is the diary of my made-up beyblade character, Mason. Sorry, I only got to after the Cina Tourny. Enjoy!

Chapter 4 - Kiss

Chapter 4 - Kiss


It was a nice little spot, the café. Heather and I ordered some fresh, hot cinnamon rolls and sat down at a tiny, round table near the window and began talking, like old friends. “So, tell me how you've been? I haven't seen you since…” she stopped. I knew what she meant to say, but neither one of us could bring ourselves to even mention it. “It's been tough” I said, not too seriously. “Before I left home for the tournament, I was working two jobs so we could have some money.” Heather looked down at her hands, trying not to show her pity. “Oh” she uttered somberly. “What about Jason? How is he?” I suddenly remembered my little brother, and wondered how he and uncle were doing back home. “He's actually doing great. He works hard, gets good grades, and helps out around the house whenever he can.” She finally looked up at me and smiled, slightly. “Oh, well then that's good, isn't it?” she said. I managed to smile and nodded back. “Yeah, that is good.” Wow, this conversation was getting more and more dismal by the minute. I changed the subject. “What about you? How have you been?” I asked in a convincingly upbeat tone. “Oh, well like I said. My dad is working out of town, so most of the time it's just me and my mom.” I tried to remember Heather's parents from when I first met them. Her father was difficult because I had only seen him a couple of times when he wasn't working, but I remembered her mother almost perfectly because she looked so much like Heather. She had long black hair, just like Heather's, and light, milky skin like Heather's too. She was always so nice to me. Whenever I came over she would make them a tray-full of her delicious cinnamon rolls and afterward even let me take the rest home with him. I finally realized that I hadn't said a word for a few seconds and turned my attention back to Heather. “I-uh, I don't know if you're busy today or anything, but my team and I are staying at this hotel. It's really nice and- well” C'mon stupid, say it already! “Would you like to come and visit for a while?” Her face light up with such an ecstatic spark I thought she might explode. “I'd love to!” she shouted, turning a few startled heads our way. I tried not to laugh, stood up, and took her hand. “Alright then, let's go!” I urged, and together we grabbed our rolls, left the café and made our way back to the hotel.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment