Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Bus Ride

This is the diary of my made-up beyblade character, Mason. Sorry, I only got to after the Cina Tourny. Enjoy!

Chapter 6 - Bus Ride

Chapter 6 - Bus Ride


“So, what did you do all day, Mason?” Kaori asked inquisitively as the bus made its way to the ABBA. I tried to act as aloof as possible; didn't want the team to find out what I had been doing and with whom all day. “Nothing much; just hung out `round the hotel mostly.” Tyson gaped at me with disbelief. “You're telling me you just lounged about in that boring place all day?!” I nodded nonchalantly, with my legs and arms crossed and my head bent forward. “That's right.” Kaori, who was sitting just behind me, spoke again. “Well, I don't know about you guys, but I didn't notice any bistro's inside the hotel” and she held up the bag of rolls with the café logo on it that I had carelessly left on the coffee table back in the room. I whirled around and saw her, holding up the bag for everyone to see. “Oh, yeah, that” I had to think fast, tell a good lie. “Well, I got hungry, so I just took a little walk downtown and stopped at this café for a roll.” Kaori looked skeptically at me with her piercing, aquamarine eyes. “Okay” she said “then why are there two, uneaten rolls still inside?” I paused for a moment, trying to think my way out. “I just bought a couple extra ones in case I got hungry later.” Seemed like a logical explanation. No, there was no way that could sound suspicious. Kaori set the bag down, but did not take her eyes away from me. “I saw you leave the hotel, and I also saw you heading back to the room… with another girl.” Oh no, how had she seen that? I assumed she had been at the pool all day with the others. Suddenly, everyone was looking at me. Tyson gave me an insinuating look. “Mason, you dog! What have you really been up to?” It was no use. I was sunk.



“I can't believe you brought another girl into our room!” Tyson declared. Kai was sitting behind him, probably still glaring at me. What now? No one was going to trust me anymore. “You said she was an old friend?” Rei asked, rather curiously. “Yeah” I muttered. “I've known her since I was seven. She used to live in China, until her family moved here to New York. I hadn't seen or heard from her in seven years.” I hoped I was at least getting some sympathy out of this. Kaori let out a passionate sigh. “Aw! That's so romantic!” I looked up at my teammates, surprised at their positive reaction. “So, you're not mad?” I asked timidly. “Of course not. We understand completely” Max said cheerfully. Rei nodded. “I mean, just look at Mariah and me. We're old friends, and no one had a problem with our friendship even though we're o different teams.” I guess he was right. It was no big deal. Wow, that was sure a lot off my chest. I suddenly occurred to me that I had had these guys all wrong. They were a real team; guys who stuck together and accepted each other no matter what. Boy was I lucky and the best thing was that I didn't even have to mention my father. Nobody but Sora knew up until now, and I was going to make sure it stayed that way.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment