Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - More Than Meets the Eye

This is the diary of my made-up beyblade character, Mason. Sorry, I only got to after the Cina Tourny. Enjoy!

Chapter 8 - More Than Meets the Eye

Chapter 8 - More Than Meets the Eye


You would expect the hallways to be dark. All the workers were either at the party or had gone home, but to my and Tyson's surprise, every hallway was lit. “Whoa! Mason, what are you doing here?” Tyson exclaimed as soon as he saw me coming. “Hey, I wasn't going to let you have all the fun” I scoffed. We continued walking through the twisting maze of hallways, until we came to a lonely elevator. “C'mon” Tyson urged, as he pressed the up button. “Are you sure?” I asked, hesitantly. “What's the matter, Mason? Are you going to chicken out on me?” Tyson mocked. I glared at him and grumpily stepped into the elevator after Tyson.

“Going up” Tyson joked, as the metal doors closed and we both rode up to the highest floor.



“This is really weird” I said. Tyson looked at me like I was crazy. “How's that?” “Well, for one thing no one is here; not even a single guard. Second, all the light are on and the elevator works.” I started to get a weird feeling; like we were being followed, closely. “Hey guys!” shouted a familiar, happy-go-lucky voice. We both whirled around to see Max standing right behind us. “Jeez, Max! Don't scare us like that!” Tyson shouted back. “Sorry, I just couldn't help myself” Max teased. “What are you guys doing up here?” Once I recovered from Max's little prank, I answered back. “We're just taking a look around.” Max seemed ever eager to join. “Cool! Let's keep going!” He ran off like a little kid down the hall, checking all the doors, which of course were locked. Then, unexpectedly, one of the doors actually opened. “Whoa! Come here you guys! This one's open!” he shouted excitedly. Tyson and I, too curious to heed our own conscience, ran after Max and slipped into the open room, unnoticed. Or at least, that's what we thought.



Up on the third floor, the man who had given the speech at the dinner party stood tall and erect, looking over every feed from the security cameras. Just then, a woman with short, blonde hair in a lab coat, and a short, red-headed girl in a tennis uniform walked into the room behind him. “It seems our special guests have found their way into the training room, Judy” said the tall, blonde man as he turned towards the woman wearing the lab coat. “I'll send in the reinforcements” she said, assuredly. The woman glanced at the young girl beside and gave a serious nod. The girl turned around and left the room, knowing what her mission was. Once she had left, the man spoke again. “Make sure they don't damage anything.” The woman let out a slight chuckle. “Mayor, I highly doubt that these amateurs are capable of” The man glowered at her. “I was referring to those reckless, over-confident All-Stars of yours” he interrupted. The woman stood up tall so that her eyes leveled with his. “They are perfectly well-trained and controlled. You won't have to worry about your precious machines” she said, respectfully. The man gave a smug grin, keeping his eyes fixed on her. “Good.” He turned back to the video monitors and dismissed the woman. The second she walked out that door, he knew there was going to be trouble.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment