Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Welcome to the Group

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 20 - Welcome to the Group

Chapter 20 - Welcome to the Group


“Oh . . my . . god” these were the only words that managed to escape Max's mouth as she stared across the room to the massive, eye-popping super computer and

noticed a blonde boy with glasses standing beside it.

“What are you doing down here?!” the boy roared. “Get out! Get out now!”

He was going crazy, with fierceness in his eyes and coming nearer and nearer swinging his arms threateningly at her. But before he could reach her, the elevator doors unexpectedly swung themselves shut, and the elevator continued its descent to a lower floor. Max fell backwards against the wall, scared, confused, and her head spinning out of control.



“We have to get up there!” Ulrich shouted as he exited the scanner and bounded towards the elevator. “C'mon you guys! Jeremy might be in trouble!”

Ulrich slammed on the up button for the elevator as Yumi and Odd stood anxiously behind him.

When the doors opened neither Odd Ulrich nor Yumi could not take another step or even move. They just stared at what they saw, sitting inside the giant elevator looking rattled and frightened; Maxine Johnson.



All four students were now in the super computer room, where Yumi, Ulrich and Jeremy were in deep conversation, while Odd sat next to Max, who was still as shaken as they had found her in the elevator.

“What I want to know is how she even got here!” Jeremy hissed.

“That's the thing. We have no idea” Yumi whispered in reply.

“I'll bet you Odd knows” Ulrich mumbled.

They all looked over at Odd, sitting next to Max talking slowly to her.

“Odd” Jeremy called out “come over here.”

Odd reluctantly stood up and walked over towards the group.

“Do you know how Max could've found the factory?” Jeremy asked suspiciously.

“Well, um . .” Odd knew there was no way out of this one.

“Odd!” Ulrich growled. “How did she find out?”

“It wasn't my fault! We were in the woods one day playing tag, and she accidentally found the entrance to the sewer.”

“What were you doing playing tag in the woods in the first place?” Yumi asked angrily.

“We were . . on a date” Odd grumbled.

Jeremy looked over towards Max, still sitting against the wall. “Honestly Odd, you've done some pretty stupid things, but this one takes the cake.” Jeremy was in no mood for forgiveness.

Odd said nothing.

“Well, we have no choice. We'll have to do a jump-back-in-time immediately” Jeremy declared.

Odd stared at him. “No! Jeremy, please don't!”

“We don't have a choice Odd. No one can ever know about this place except for us” Yumi said.

Odd was silent again, for a moment. “I think we can trust her. I know her! Max would never betray us!”

Of course, everyone else was not quite convinced of this.

“All right Odd.” Jeremy sighed. “We'll ask her, but If I detect any trace of deceit in her voice then it's the jump-back-in-time.”

The four turned and walked over to Max. She looked up at them with fear and bewilderment. Jeremy stepped forward and pulled her up.

“Max, I know this is a lot to take in and that you're scared” so far so good.

“We can explain everything on one condition” Jeremy said.

“Can you keep all of this a secret?” the moment of truth.

Max gazed around the room in awe, looked back at the group and answered

“I promise. I will not tell anyone what I've seen.” She spoke with clarity and complete truthfulness.

Jeremy stepped back. “Maxine Johnson, right?” She nodded timidly.

“Welcome to the group.”


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment