Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - A New Friend

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 21 - A New Friend

Chapter 21 - A New Friend


It was now 1:30 pm and Joseph and Mary Johnson were now enjoying a first-class dinner on an American Airlines plane headed straight for Washington DC.

“I can't wait to be back home” Mary said excitedly as Joseph took another sip of his wine.

“It'll only be a few more hours” he took her hand in his and rubbed it gently.

“I wonder if that Kadic Academy allows phone calls” she said as she reached into her black-leather purse and pulled out her cell phone.

“Can it wait a few more hours?” he asked.

“Don't you want to know how she is?”

“Of course I do, but according to my watch her classes don't end for another hour.”

“Oh, then of course. It'll have to wait” she said as she put her phone back into her purse.

“I'm sure she's fine, honey” he assured her, and pulled her close to him.

Only four more hours until they would be back in America, and another month before Max would be able to join them.



“So, how does it work?” Max asked.

“Here, I can show you” Jeremy replied.

The four huddled around Jeremy as he sat down in his seat and began typing.

“It's merely a process of virtualizing you by converting your molecular structure into a form of megabytes and downloading you into a virtual environment.” Odd, Ulrich and Yumi had been doing this for months and they still couldn't understand a word Jeremy was saying.

“So basically, it's like being in a computer game” Max declared. “That's cool!”

“Now Max, I want to introduce you to Eileda.”

Suddenly, a face appeared onscreen and began to talk.

“Jeremy! Is everything all right?” she asked frantically. “Jeremy! There's someone behind you!”

“It's all right Eileda. She's one of us now.” Max was staring at Eileda.

“She talks?” Max exclaimed.

Jeremy introduced them both. “Eileda, this is Maxine Johnson. Max, this is Eileda.”

“Nice to meet you Max” Eileda declared.

Max remained silent as she stared wonderingly at Eileda.

Jeremy glanced down at his watch. “Oh my gosh! We have to get back to school!

“Jeremy, will I see you tonight?” Eileda asked.

“Not likely. I'll be working on a little something for Max” he looked back at Max and gave her a wink.

“We'll stop by tomorrow Eileda, okay?”

“Farewell Jeremy” Eileda said before she disappeared from the screen.

Jeremy hopped off the seat and headed towards the elevator.

“C'mon guys. Let's head back to campus.” All four of them entered the elevator together.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment