Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Manipulation

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 22 - Manipulation

Chapter 22 - Manipulation


“What are we going to do at the factory tomorrow, Jeremy?” Max asked curiously, as the five of them walked through the woods, now gleaming in the late afternoon sun.

“Well, we have a bit of a problem right now on Lyoko” Jeremy said.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Max was all questions now.

“Oh, I imagine you could be quite a bit of help” he replied.

The four continued their way through the woods towards campus.

“Oh no!” Max cried.

“What?! What is it?” Odd exclaimed.

“I forgot about the nurse!”
Everyone was suddenly utterly confused. “The nurse?” Jeremy said.

“Yes! I was kind of sick today, and she said that she was going to come back and check up on me later.”

Odd's eyes widened. “So that's why you weren't in class today!”

“Oh man! The nurse probably knows that I'm gone! I have to hurry!” Max declared as she began sprinting ahead of the group.

“See you tomorrow guys!” she hollered and disappeared into the thick of the woods.

Once she was gone, Odd spoke up. “What did I tell you guys! We can trust her, right?”

“Odd, have you forgotten already whose daughter she is?”

“Oh come off it Jeremy! Do you honestly think that she is involved with that Josh Shonnep guy?” Odd retorted.

“Yes, I do.” Jeremy answered. “When I saw her father's name, I noticed that his name is an exact anagram of Josh J Shonnep.”

The other here stopped and stared at him. “No way!” They shouted in unison.

“Joseph Johnson, Josh Jo Shonnep. You guys do the math.”

Unfortunately, Jeremy was right. They were exact anagrams.

“Oh, I get!” Yumi exclaimed. “You let her into the group in order to get closer to her father!”

Jeremy nodded. “Precisely.”

“That's a pretty dirty trick, even for you Jeremy” Odd grumbled.

“Odd! Get a hold of yourself! What's more important, your back-stabbing girlfriend or saving Eileda?” Jeremy yelled.

“She's not a back-stabber! I refuse to believe it!” Odd shouted furiously, and ran off.

“Odd! Wait!” Ulrich called after him, but Yumi held him back.

“Let him go” she said calmly. “He needs to think things over.”

Jeremy resumed walking towards the campus. “C'mon you guys, its almost sunset. We need to get going.”

Yumi and Ulrich obeyed and followed slowly behind Jeremy.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment