Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - The Lyoko Ninja

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 24 - The Lyoko Ninja

Chapter 24 - The Lyoko Ninja


Yumi, Ulrich and Odd stood around, waiting for Max to arrive. The only sounds in the room being the clicking and tapping of the keyboard as Jeremy entered the arrival coordinates and began contacting Eileda.

At last, the door to the elevator opened and Max stepped into the room.

“Where have you been?” Jeremy asked inquiringly, not taking his eyes off the screen.

“Sorry, I was held up” she apologized.

“It's all right” Odd assured her. “Now we're all here, so let's get to the scanners.”

Max looked over at Jeremy, who hadn't seemed to look at her since she arrived.

“Am I going too?” she asked anxiously.

“Yes” he answered. “Hurry up now. We don't want to keep Eileda waiting.”

So the four of them stepped into the rusty elevator and began their descent to the scanner room.



“Okay guys, virtualization in thirty seconds” Jeremy's voice came from the loudspeaker, as Yumi, Ulrich, and Odd each stepped into the scanners.

Max's heart began to race as she watched the scanners close.

Jeremy pulled up all three of their files, and began initiating the virtualization process.

“Scanner-Odd, scanner-Yumi, scanner-Ulrich” Jeremy said.

“Virtualization!”



About thirty seconds later, the empty scanners opened and Jeremy's voice came on again.

“Okay Max, get in one of the three scanners” he commanded.

Max obeyed and slowly, cautiously entered the middle scanner. Her heart was now racing at the speed of light as the doors closed behind her, trapping her in the small brass tube.

“So, this is what claustrophobia feels like.” Max thought to herself.

Suddenly, the machine began to hum, and she felt this tingling sensation all over her body. It almost felt like she was losing herself, molecule by molecule.

“Virtualization!”



The nest few seconds were like traveling through a black whole. Although her physical being was no longer intact, Max was now flying at the speed of light as a group of particles that would hopefully be put back together at the end of this tunnel.



A second later Max felt herself being virtually reassembled and suddenly found herself in some kind of jungle, where the trees were bent out of shape and everything almost seemed to be dying.

“Hey Max!” A familiar voice called from behind her. She turned around to see Odd, Ulrich, Yumi and a girl with short, striking pink hair walking towards her.

“Whoa, what are you supposed to be?” Yumi scoffed.

Just then, Jeremy's voice came on. “Ahem, Max is a Lyoko ninja, thank you very much!”

Max took a moment to look herself over. She was indeed wearing rogue ninja clothes. She couldn't help but notice the weapons that the others carried; a sword, a fan, and laser arrows.

“Jeremy, do I have a weapon?” Max called out.

“Oh yes. In fact, reach into the pouch on your right” Jeremy replied.

Max did as he said, and pulled out a rather large kunai knife. There were also a few throwing-stars inside the pouch as well.

“Wow” Odd gasped. “Jeremy, is this what you were working on?”

“Yes, but we don't have time to chat right now. Your mission today is to explore the jungle region and find clues as to what's attacking Lyoko.”

All of them nodded, and immediately went on their way down the jungle path.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowformer12 on April 5, 2006, 8:32:52 AM

shadowformer12 on
shadowformer12add some more stories add some more. this is so awesome, i can't wait for the 25th part