Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 25 - Star Gazing

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 25 - Star Gazing

Chapter 25 - Star Gazing


After a long day of scouting, Yumi, Ulrich, Odd, and Max were exhausted. By the time they returned from Lyoko, it was nearly past sunset. All five of them headed back for their dorms, tired and limp.

“So Max” Jeremy began “how was your first time on Lyoko?”

“Oh it was incredible! I've never imagined anything like it! It- it was like being in a videogame!”

The others giggled amusedly at her excitement. They were nearly to the dorms now as they emerged from the foliage of the dark forest and strolled across the parking lot.

“I have to get home” Yumi proclaimed. “My parents are probably worried sick by now.” The all waved

“Well, good night guys” Jeremy said he and Ulrich waved goodbye to Odd, Max and headed inside.

Odd and Max stood silently side-by-side, for the longest time. Gazing at each other under the full moon light, it was like seeing a whole different person beside them.

Suddenly Odd spoke up. “I'll-uh, walk you to your room, if you want” he stuttered.

“Sure. Thanks” she answered. Suddenly, however, Max didn't feel like going to her room; not yet.



“Hey, I thought we were going to your room” Odd groaned as Max led him up the stairs of the dorms, until they reached the emergency exit that led out onto the ceiling. Max opened the door and pulled him along, giggling through the whole time.

“What's the big deal, huh? What're we doing up here?” Odd asked, utterly befuddled.

“Didn't you ever just want to stay up and look at the stars when you were little?” she asked.

Odd still wasn't seeing where this was going. “I-uh, guess so” he uttered.

Max then sat down and leaned back, gazing up at the millions of stars that shone high overhead in the clear, nighttime sky.

Odd, not knowing exactly what to do, sat down next to her and tried to play it cool. “Don't screw this up” he thought to himself.

“So, you like being on the team and everything?” he asked.

Max turned to him, a slight look of confusion on her face. “Team?”

“Well, you know; the whole saving Lyoko thing.”

“Oh! Yeah, it's awesome!” she said, happily. “In fact, I wanted to thank you.”

Odd turned to her, even more confused than he had been just a few seconds before. “For what?”

She looked away, for a brief moment. “For being my friend.”

How could he do this to her? Here he was, apart of Jeremy's ridiculous plan to manipulate Max, and here she was thanking him for being “her friend.”

Odd didn't answer, but just smiled warmly at her, trying his best to hide his guilt. They both became silent for a while as they gazed at the stars.

“You know Jeremy thinks this whole Lyoko crisis we've got going right now is all Josh Shonnep's doing, but I still think its XANA” Odd finally spoke.

Max suddenly stood up, and smiled down at him. “Well, whoever it is, they're no match for us.”

Odd grinned and nodded back. “That's right.”

Odd then stood up next to Max. He suddenly realized how dangerously close they were.

“It's late” Max said. “We should get some sleep.”

Odd nodded, and followed Max inside and together they headed back down the stairs to their dorms.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowformer12 on April 5, 2006, 10:37:48 PM

shadowformer12 on
shadowformer12so romantic and beautiful