Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Not An Accident

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 28 - Not An Accident

Chapter 28 - Not An Accident


The next morning at around seven, Odd and Ulrich walked out of their room and headed downstairs. It was a Tuesday, and just as Ulrich and Odd had gotten into their usual, boring school day routine, they walked out from the stairwell and into a crowd of panicked girls. Suddenly, they all started staring at Odd, who sunk his head at this uncomfortable greeting. Odd and Ulrich continued down the hall through the mess of girls, as they began whispering while they kept staring.

Suddenly, the two buys were intercepted by Jim, who stopped to talk to them.

“Stern, DelaRobia, this way. There's something you need to see.” With that, Jim turned them around and escorted them out of the building and over to the infirmary



When Ulrich and Odd walked into the sunlit room, they were shocked, almost terrified to see Max lying unconscious in one of the white, hospital beds. None, however, were more shaken then Odd.

“Max!” he cried, and he rushed over to the side of the bed and look at her.

The nurse restrained him and pulled him away from the bed. “Odd, please. There's no point in shouting. She's unconscious.”

Odd looked up at her with a ragged, nerve-wracking look on his face. “What happened to her?” he asked, worriedly.

“We're not exactly sure yet, but” the nurse continued “all we know is that she was electrocuted.”

Odd stared up at the nurse, then over to Max, who lay peacefully, on the cushy bed.

“Is she going to be okay?”

The nurse looked over to Max, then back to Odd and sighed. “I've already called the hospital, and they're on their way right now” she said to him. “You should know though, Odd, Max is dangerously close to slipping into a long-term coma.”

Just at that moment, two paramedics walked in with a gurney and announced that they were here to take Max away. As they picked her up and gently laid her tiny, limp body onto the gurney, Odd looked at Jim, who was still standing next to Ulrich.

“Jim, please let me go with her” Odd pleaded.

Jim hesitated for a moment, but decided to let him go. So, Odd followed beside the moving bed that carried Max all the way to the ambulance, where he hopped in and sat next to her. As the two men closed the doors and drove off down the road, Ulrich began to wonder whether this had all been just an accident, or something more.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowformer12 on April 21, 2006, 12:55:50 PM

shadowformer12 on
shadowformer12this is better every chapter